Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More roster changes
It is being reported that Brandon Thompson is heading for IR with knee injury with DeShawn Williams coming off the practice squad

Jim Owczarski ‏@JimOwczarski 32m32 minutes ago
League sources indicate #Bengals will make a roster move - promoting DeShawn Williams off the PS. B.Thompson suffered a knee injury v Balt.

No roster moves involving Hewitt which indicates his MCL will heal before the Super Bowl

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Kid played well from what I saw in pre-season. Hope he takes his chance and shines, because Thompson is a player who can definitely be upgraded.

Reply/Quote
I'm glad Williams is getting promoted. I'm wondering if he'll be active on Saturday.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 05:19 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm glad Williams is getting promoted. I'm wondering if he'll be active on Saturday.

I hope he is. 
Deserves his chance to shine. Probably should have made the 53 over Thompson. 
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 05:20 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I hope he is. 
Deserves his chance to shine. Probably should have made the 53 over Thompson. 

Two vastly different players.  I had high hopes for seeing Williams and Geno on the inside with their quickness on 3rd downs.
Reply/Quote
Our defense seemed to play better run defense when B Thom was in there. Hopefully Williams can step up
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 05:53 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Our defense seemed to play better run defense when B Thom was in there.  Hopefully Williams can step up

If Williams plays, he'll definitely aide in the pass rush department.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
The way 44 was moving that big body around and helping Hill have the best game of the season.....there's no need to rush Hew!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 06:05 PM)jj22 Wrote: The way 44 was moving that big body around and helping Hill have the best game of the season.....there's no need to rush Hew!

I would Say hewitt makes some nice catches for us... Kroft has filled in nicely there...

Can say i wouldnt be sad to see Hewitt Eifert as TEs Obg as the Extra Tackle and Fisher as the FB for Hill in a jumbo package.
Reply/Quote
Speaking of FB's . . Whatever happened to lining up Peko at FB in Goal line situations? I don't think they've done it at all this year
Reply/Quote
So which DTs will be active Saturday?

Locks: Geno and Peko

Probably: Sims

Possibly Hardison who has been inactive every week but on the 53, doubt Williams unless there's an injury in practice this week. My guess is, just the 3 veteran DT's with Gillberry filling in when needed.
Reply/Quote
Love to see this kid bring his fire to the D line rotation for the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 05:31 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Two vastly different players.  I had high hopes for seeing Williams and Geno on the inside with their quickness on 3rd downs.

How so?
Both are quick interior DL.

Both played back up 3T
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 08:59 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: How so?
Both are quick interior DL.

Both played back up 3T

I actually really like DeShawn Williams.He balled out in preseason and I felt like he should be playing.He is super fast and hits like a freight train and he can get to the qb.I hope he gets a chance to play.PLEASE,MARVIN,PLAY THIS GUY,HE IS A QB KILLER,SUPER STRONG AND FAST AND OH YES ,HE IS NASTY.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 07:55 PM)Beaker Wrote: Love to see this kid bring his fire to the D line rotation for the playoffs.

Pat Sims when he wants to can bring pressure on their o-line and he is a run stopper if they try up the middle,but he tires easily and has to have a blow which is expected with his weight and size.Hopefully he plays lights out.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 09:19 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I actually really like DeShawn Williams.He balled out in preseason and I felt like he should be playing.He is super fast and hits like a freight train and he can get to the qb.I hope he gets a chance to play.PLEASE,MARVIN,PLAY THIS GUY,HE IS A QB KILLER,SUPER STRONG AND FAST AND OH YES ,HE IS NASTY.

First it is preseason going against 2nd and 3rd strings.. 

Second, if he was that great as you make out to be,, he would not have been on practice squad all year.  I do not see him being active  anyway i say they go with Sims.. I prefer to have experience in there in Sims in a crucial playoff game... 
Reply/Quote
I don't overhype practice squad players, but I like the looks of Williams. He may not even be active Saturday, but I feel like he is a pretty good player to be on the practice squad.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 09:19 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I actually really like DeShawn Williams.He balled out in preseason and I felt like he should be playing.He is super fast and hits like a freight train and he can get to the qb.I hope he gets a chance to play.PLEASE,MARVIN,PLAY THIS GUY,HE IS A QB KILLER,SUPER STRONG AND FAST AND OH YES ,HE IS NASTY.

As much "hype" as he got this pre season Im surprised he hasn't been activated or claimed off the practice squad?  Confused
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I like Williams, he probably wont see the field Saturday.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 06:16 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Speaking of FB's . . Whatever happened to lining up Peko at FB in Goal line situations? I don't think they've done it at all this year

Fisher is the new jumbo sized FB.

Reply/Quote