Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More to McKinney "pool party" than meets the eye.
(06-17-2015, 01:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So police are allowed to use any level of brutality they want whenever a law is broken?

is that your argument?

Really?

You dont put you hands on the cop.
(06-17-2015, 01:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: You dont put you hands on the cop.

What about a facehugger? Can I put a facehugger on a cop?
Show me in the books where it explicitly states I can't put a facehugger on a cop! 
(06-16-2015, 11:42 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Got it. Because a minor attends a party promoted by an adult where alleged 'criminals' attended, ( the minor ) deserves to be brutalized. 

They have lengthy histories as criminals.  Stop trying to perpetuate an innocent light to the events that led up to the police having to intervene.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-17-2015, 01:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So police are allowed to use any level of brutality they want whenever a law is broken?

is that your argument?

Really?

I call bullshit on that line of reasoning.

If led to believe your line of reasoning, should anarchy be the rule?

We are a society of laws, voted upon by the people.  The Police are tasked with enforcing those laws.  Should their powers to enforce those laws, and protect the innocent, be abridged to protect the personal liberties of known offenders?

The entire issue that I wanted to bring to light, is the fact that the new media wanted to portray this incident as a harmless end of the school year party, when in fact, that was not the case.  It was, in fact, a for profit party thrown by an adult, who invited known criminals to a private pool.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
I couldn't care less about this. The idiot barrel roll cop definitely was wrong, but I also see nothing wrong with how the others handled the situation (based on the video I saw) and they went to stop him when he took his gun out.

They asked people to sit on the ground and not leave, they asked others to stand across the street, and they tried to assess the situation.

Now, this is probably because the teens are black. Honkies see some black kids being kids at the pool and they probably escalated it, especially considering the video of the two grown ass white women trying to attack the black teen. Maybe some kids began to crash the party, that happens at teen parties. I doubt they were openly smoking or drinking.

But really, who cares? Cop was punished from what I read.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

I'm sure the police had every reason to be there, and disperse the people who weren't supposed to be there, but I just can't get over the asshat cop.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(06-17-2015, 11:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The entire issue that I wanted to bring to light, is the fact that the new media wanted to portray this incident as a harmless end of the school year party, when in fact, that was not the case.  It was, in fact, a for profit party thrown by an adult, who invited known criminals to a private pool.

Who cares?

You are just as bad as the media you are criticizing.  You are trying to act like the officer's actions were justified because of the way the party was organized in the first place.

None of that matters.  Police have to follow rules even when they are dealing with people who broke the law.