Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More winning
(06-27-2018, 09:50 AM)GMDino Wrote: To be fair most do not like "children"...the actual, physical human beings.  They like "children"...the fetus that can't be seen nor needs cared for by anyone but its host body mother.  

Just like the support the SCOTUS decisions as final and absolute...except for abortion.

Conservatives like a fetus the way football fans like the rookie on the bench.  As soon as he's out there the magic is over and its time to give up on him .
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-27-2018, 10:19 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Conservatives like a fetus the way football fans like the rookie on the bench.  As soon as he's out there the magic is over and its time to give up on him .

Not agreeing, but it's no different than any other murder law.  Saying you can't kill someone is not saying I am now responsible for person not killed.  (Which I guess would be everybody living.)
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(06-27-2018, 10:19 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Conservatives like a fetus the way football fans like the rookie on the bench.  As soon as he's out there the magic is over and its time to give up on him .

It's like they say, they force you to have the babies, but when you ask for help raising them they pass laws ending programs that help you (CHIP), then call you welfare queens etc. when you request government assistance. They really don't care about the babies. Post birth anyway.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22

To be fair, again, as long as the "children" never ask for anything from the government they are okay.

And if they can be used to fight a war for them they love them!  Well, until they come home.  then they need to pull themselves up by the bootstraps.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-27-2018, 10:26 AM)jj22 Wrote: It's like they say, they force you to have the babies, but when you ask for help raising them they pass laws ending programs that help you (CHIP), then call you welfare queens etc. when you request government assistance. They really don't care about the babies. Post birth anyway.

Who is forced to have babies?  Last I looked they are things called condoms, the morning after pill, birth control and the choice to have sex or not.  So I reiterate, who is being forced to have babies?
(06-27-2018, 10:30 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Who is forced to have babies?  Last I looked they are things called condoms, the morning after pill, birth control and the choice to have sex or not.  So I reiterate, who is being forced to have babies?

Child killer!!!*  Ninja

*(That is a joke..as signified by the ninja...based on those who consider the morning after pill the same as abortion and NOT a direct reference to SSF as an actual "child killer".  I have no idea if SSF is one of those people or not.)

To be fair the right would only force (given the chance) someone who got pregnant to have a baby.  Mellow
(06-27-2018, 10:33 AM)GMDino Wrote: Child killer!!!*  Ninja

*(That is a joke..as signified by the ninja...based on those who consider the morning after pill the same as abortion and NOT a direct reference to SSF as an actual "child killer".  I have no idea if SSF is one of those people or not.)

To be fair the right would only force (given the chance) someone who got pregnant to have a baby.  Mellow

Exactly. Once again trying to spin something either he's fine with or isn't. If you are fine with it then just say so.

Also Conservatives are even against Rape and Incest victims getting abortions, so those women/girls don't have the choice to ask for their assaulter to use a condom etc. So he is wrong on multiple fronts. But lacks the character to stand by his beliefs even those he knows are unfortunate (forcing women to have kids, but abandoning them once the kids are born).

If you have to spin to cover for your beliefs, something is wrong.

Good grief, more of this argument.

Better sex education, increased access to affordable contraceptive measures. Those are proven ways to decrease abortions, something we would all like to see happen. Can we focus on these instead of bickering over the legality of abortion and the moral implications?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(06-27-2018, 10:33 AM)GMDino Wrote: Child killer!!!*  Ninja

What a short, or convenient, memory you have.  I've argued pro-choice positions since I started posting in P&R on the old board over a decade ago, so you should have an idea.  I do understand the pro life/anti-choice argument and why they take the position they take, I just don't agree with the principle of it.
(06-27-2018, 10:53 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: What a short, or convenient, memory you have.  I've argued pro-choice positions since I started posting in P&R on the old board over a decade ago, so you should have an idea.  I do understand the pro life/anti-choice argument and why they take the position they take, I just don't agree with the principle of it.

You're right (I know you like me saying that  Smirk) that I don't remember your stance on abortion.

I was just answering the question "Who is forced to have babies?" with the legitimate call from the anti-choice crowd.
(06-27-2018, 10:53 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Good grief, more of this argument.

Better sex education, increased access to affordable contraceptive measures. Those are proven ways to decrease abortions, something we would all like to see happen. Can we focus on these instead of bickering over the legality of abortion and the moral implications?

I have focused on the issue. I'm just of the opinion that the viability of the offspring before the mother is allowed to end its life. Seems I'm alone in this thought and it becomes LOL material.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-27-2018, 03:12 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, he'd probably come up with the reason, that we should determine the viability of the child. Sadly that's LOL criteria to some.

(06-27-2018, 11:07 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I have focused on the issue. I'm just of the opinion that the viability of the offspring before the mother is allowed to end its life. Seems I'm alone in this thought and it becomes LOL material.

So easily triggered.

Sad.
(06-27-2018, 11:07 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I have focused on the issue. I'm just of the opinion that the viability of the offspring before the mother is allowed to end its life. Seems I'm alone in this thought and it becomes LOL material.

Every thing is LOL material now.  The PC police lost!
(06-27-2018, 11:15 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Every thing is LOL material now.  The PC police lost!

It was a simple reference to Dill saying LOL when it was suggested a woman be required to have a ultrasound to determine stage of pregnancy. Perhaps you are seeing something that is not there; as I see not correlation to the PC police.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-27-2018, 11:18 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It was a simple reference to Dill saying LOL when it was suggested a woman be required to have a ultrasound to determine stage of pregnancy. Perhaps you are seeing something that is not there; as I see not correlation to the PC police.

I'm sure you're right, I'm trying to work and watch soccer and piss around on here at the same tome so I'm not giving it my all. 
(06-27-2018, 10:26 AM)jj22 Wrote: It's like they say, they force you to have the babies, but when you ask for help raising them they pass laws ending programs that help you (CHIP), then call you welfare queens etc. when you request government assistance. They really don't care about the babies. Post birth anyway.

Maybe someone like the parents of said child should get a job... and raise the baby.

no one is forced to have babies..,

No one forced you to have sex... Or forced you not to use protection.

Classic blame everyone else mentality while bitching for not getting everyone else to float the bill for you.
(06-27-2018, 11:39 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Maybe someone like the parents of said child should get a job... and raise the baby.

no one is forced to have babies..,

No one forced you to have sex...   Or forced you not to use protection.

Classic blame everyone else mentality while bitching for not getting everyone else to float the bill for you.

What if the parents won't get a job?  Isn't it our job as citizens of a civilized country to help said kid? Isn't this the issue? We will step in and save a kid from an abortion, but it's all "tough luck, life sucks" when it comes time to save that same kid from his/her parents post-uterus.
(06-27-2018, 11:58 AM)Nately120 Wrote: What if the parents won't get a job?  Isn't it our job as citizens of a civilized country to help said kid?  Isn't this the issue?  We will step in and save a kid from an abortion, but it's all "tough luck, life sucks" when it comes time to save that same kid from his/her parents post-uterus.

Xeno represent the whole problem with the pro life movement. They only care until the baby is born. They refuse to understand how many people work and are still "poor", they refuse to think that maybe a women is raped and didn't have a choice (they like to argue that they lie to get abortions). They care nothing about any of that. Just that they can't get an abortion. But it's a reflection of their character. I respect Xeno for stating it and not spinning or flat out avoiding the condescending of how they treat these single mothers. I've been saying if you believe something say it and he did. Props to him for acknowledging the stance even if I disagree.

(06-27-2018, 12:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: Xeno represent the whole problem with the pro life movement. They only care until the baby is born. They refuse to understand how many people work and are still "poor", they refuse to think that maybe a women is raped and didn't have a choice (they like to argue that they lie to get abortions). They care nothing about any of that. Just that they can't get an abortion. But it's a reflection of their character. I respect Xeno for stating it and not spinning or flat out avoiding the condescending of how they treat these single mothers. I've been saying if you believe something say it and he did. Props to him for acknowledging the stance even if I disagree.

It mostly comes down to me not being able to believe the notion that poor people are just flat-out lazy and anyone can make it through a modicum of hard work.  It would be quite pleasant to be able to think that the gutter is only reserved for those who REALLY REALLY REALLY want to be in it.
(06-27-2018, 12:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It mostly comes down to me not being able to believe the notion that poor people are just flat-out lazy and anyone can make it through a modicum of hard work.  It would be quite pleasant to be able to think that the gutter is only reserved for those who REALLY REALLY REALLY want to be in it.

It's the Reagan "welfare queen" story over and over again....