Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morgan Moses
Not sure we are still in the market for a tackle at this point but a really solid player that Washington has allowed seeking of a trade, or could be cut if no trade partner is found. You could potentially move Reiff to guard if you could get him, but it would make the line above average for sure.
Reply/Quote

For those wondering, Moses PFF was 80.6, higher than all OL on the team ATM. Maybe move Carman to LG. Reiff to RG.

Williams-Carman-Hopkins-Reiff-Moses.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 04:20 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:
For those wondering, Moses PFF was 80.6, higher than all OL on the team ATM.  Maybe move Carman to LG.  Reiff to RG.  

Prior to last year:
2019 - 65.2
2018 - 64.4
2017 - 67.2
2016 - 76.8
2015 - 75.2

It's worth noting that Moses is 30 years old, but he has two years remaining under contract.
If traded, I believe his cap hit would be $7.75 mill in both 2021 and 2022.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Sounds like it would be a sweet pickup.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 07:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Prior to last year:
2019 - 65.2
2018 - 64.4
2017 - 67.2
2016 - 76.8
2015 - 75.2

It's worth noting that Moses is 30 years old, but he has two years remaining under contract.
If traded, I believe his cap hit would be $7.75 mill in both 2021 and 2022.

I think it’s interesting 15/16 are closer in line with 20 and the new staff last year. Those were also the years Sean McVay was the OC then he saw major fall off with the new OC. Interestingly enough, outside zone is the same thing McVay ran and what we are running.

It actually could be a really good fit but not sure we make that move.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 03:49 PM)Au165 Wrote: Not sure we are still in the market for a tackle at this point but a really solid player that Washington has allowed seeking of a trade, or could be cut if no trade partner is found. You could potentially move Reiff to guard if you could get him, but it would make the line above average for sure.

WOULD LOVE THIS!!! Cool
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 04:20 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:
For those wondering, Moses PFF was 80.6, higher than all OL on the team ATM. Maybe move Carman to LG. Reiff to RG.

K no. Reiff goes to left guard carman mans RG.
Reply/Quote
Their line is not deep. At least when I was looking at potential trade pieces in case they wanted to move up for a QB in the draft. Wonder what the deal is? Not afraid of screwing the QB over with terrible line play since it is Fitzmagic back there?

Wonder if he was asking for a raise and they told him to piss off
Reply/Quote
I really hope that the Bengals try to get another quality vet o-lineman like this guy.

It would make me fully embrace the decision to pass on Sewell.

They still need to improve oline/get better depth to protect Burrow and establish a running game.
Reply/Quote
Would be a solid pickup and give us decent starters and good depth. I just don’t see them making a move for Oline. I get the feeling they are content.
Reply/Quote
Would be great to add a little depth and flexibility to the line. I think there could be a few options w/ the post-June cuts. I could maybe see Greg Van Roten getting cut w/ his salary + the Vera Tucker selection. Dennis Kelly still out there too. I'm mostly interested to see what Pollack's influence on the young guys (Adeniji , Jordan, Hill).
Reply/Quote
I read he is great run blocking, but has digressed protecting the QB. Anyone with PFF able to verify if what I read is correct.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 07:35 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think it’s interesting 15/16 are closer in line with 20 and the new staff last year. Those were also the years Sean McVay was the OC then he saw major fall off with the new OC. Interestingly enough, outside zone is the same thing McVay ran and what we are running.

It actually could be a really good fit but not sure we make that move.

Bring in Moses to part the orange sea...
Actually like the idea of him  at G, with Carman at the other G spot.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 05:53 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Bring in Moses to part the orange sea...
Actually like the idea of him  at G, with Carman at the other G spot.

Me too, road graders at both Guard positions would be awesome. Reiff is a better pass protector than Moses.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 05:13 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I read he is great run blocking, but has digressed protecting the QB. Anyone with PFF able to verify if what I read is correct.

He actually had a dip back in 2016-2017, but then has steadily been increasing again.
His worst pass block grade since becoming a full-time starter (2015) is 66.1.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Update - WFT is releasing Morgan Moses. He can be picked up without the cost of a draft pick.

Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 05:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Update - WFT is releasing Morgan Moses. He can be picked up without the cost of a draft pick.

Does he have to get through waivers? They released Geron Christian as well but don't know much about the guy.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 05:22 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Does he have to get through waivers? They released Geron Christian as well but don't know much about the guy.

He does not, as he had more than 4 years of tenure.
Waiver wire is only for younger players with less than 4 years in the league.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I definitely hope the Bengals make Moses a fair offer. Not sure that will happen, but if it did, it would ease some pressure on the OL room moving forward.

How nice would it be to field an OL of not just 5 dudes, but s strong 5 that actually has a chance of protecting Joe Burrow, and opening lanes in the running game? Not only would adding another competent veteran raise the overall talent level of the OL room, the addition would alleviate pressure on having to throw another rookie out there to start on day 1. Wouldn't it be nice to a guy like Carman be able to work his way in, rather than thrown out there and expected to perform on day 1?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Jiant, D'ante, Hill, Adeniji, Jonah, MJ, Price

There are our last 7 OL draft picks who are still on rookie contracts

Then we have 7 more Reiff, Hopkins, Spain, X, Fred, Prince, Sutherland

Trading down in the second after passing on the highest rated tackle in the draft in the first tells me they feel really good about our tackle situation. Reiff might pull a Whit and we have a top tackle combo this year and beyond.

If Moses was really that great somebody would have traded something for that modest contract considering the going rate for quality tackles. And he would probably look like Fred Johnson playing G so thats a no go. But I would still love to have him competing for a spot. If he isn't winning the starting job I wouldn't want to keep him over a guy like D'ante though.
Reply/Quote