Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morgan Moses Released by WFT
(05-20-2021, 10:51 PM)wanga Wrote: Bitchfest 2021 continues.

or "Passfest" 2021  Ninja
Reply/Quote
Morgan Moses would be a nice signing. That said it would have to happen this week during OTAs because Moses or one of the other tackles would have to shift to Guard and will need time to adjust.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 12:14 AM)Synric Wrote: Morgan Moses would be a nice signing. That said it would have to happen this week during OTAs because Moses or one of the other tackles would have to shift to Guard and will need time to adjust.

Would like to have Moses at Guard and keep Reiff at OT if we do so.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 11:25 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah... I knew there were some holes in that state, but I've also figured out that a lot of us get excited when literally any O lineman gets released by any team. Personally I feel they did as much as they could to address the line (short of drafting heavyset guys in every round) this past off-season.

I wouldn't necessarily be against another OL signing, but I don't get signing a T that isn't that good in pass protection if the focus on the OL is protecting Burrow.  

I felt they could have done more to help the OL, but I am ok with the moves they made and they look to have an average unit on paper.  If they had done more to help the OL, they would have handicapped themselves in other areas of the team.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 08:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Moses would be a great addition to the Bengals OL room.  His presence would not only upgrade the overall talent pool, but allow the team to put the best 5 on the field.  Would also alleviate the pressure of having to throw a rookie out there to start.  Would be nice to see the rookie work his way into the lineup, rather than being leaned on from day 1.

I must have missed the memo, is the board now done with complaining they won't play the rookies and moved on to we shouldn't pressure rookies to start? Ninja
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 12:15 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would like to have Moses at Guard and keep Reiff at OT if we do so.

No offense, but I would trust Pollack to decide who plays where, I am not sure why you think your way would be better than a respected NFL line coach.

But first things first, let's see if they go after him.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I had to look twice at Morgan Moses Released by WFT. OK, that is Washington Football Team. Until they get a name, I like Washington Team Football so the initials can be WTF. Morgan Moses Released by WTF until they change it from Redskins to a real name. Other than that, I like Bengals team now, and want to see what the WR's we have can do first. If he isn't good enough for Washington, why would Cincinnati want him ? Until Bengals do sign him, he means nothing to us, and I think we have good WR's without him. We may need help at other areas than WR. Also resigning some players so they don't go free agent after 2021 might be in order. If Reiff blocks well for us, he should not be a one year and gone, that would be silly. If we get a good O Line in place, have some money to keep them together a few seasons.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 09:28 AM)kevin Wrote: I had to look twice at Morgan Moses Released by WFT.  OK, that is Washington Football Team.  Until they get a name, I like Washington Team Football so the initials can be WTF.  Morgan Moses Released by WTF until they change it from Redskins to a real name. Other than that, I like Bengals team now, and want to see what the WR's we have can do first.  If he isn't good enough for Washington, why would Cincinnati want him ?  Until Bengals do sign him, he means nothing to us, and I think we have good WR's without him.  We may need help at other areas than WR. Also resigning some players so they don't go free agent after 2021 might be in order. If Reiff blocks well for us, he should not be a one year and gone, that would be silly. If we get a good O Line in place, have some money to keep them together a few seasons.

Moses is an O-lineman.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 08:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I must have missed the memo, is the board now done with complaining they won't play the rookies and moved on to we shouldn't pressure rookies to start? Ninja

I don't speak for the board, just my own personal opinion.  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It would be a good move that would certainly quiet the concerns on if the Bengals did enough to protect Burrow.

It just isn't a likely move they would make. They seem to think they are set.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Wasn’t reiff signed to play tackle? I thought he signed here with the understanding (handshake agreement?) that’s where he’d play. Now if he or Jonah are ok moving to guard let’s try to get him. If not the discussion is probably moot. I don’t see Moses coming here to play guard unless we’re his only option. And I doubt we will be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 02:11 AM)Whatever Wrote: I wouldn't necessarily be against another OL signing, but I don't get signing a T that isn't that good in pass protection if the focus on the OL is protecting Burrow.  

I felt they could have done more to help the OL, but I am ok with the moves they made and they look to have an average unit on paper.  If they had done more to help the OL, they would have handicapped themselves in other areas of the team.

I didn't realize how bad in Pass Protection Morgan Moses was in 2021. He allowed 5 sacks and 41 pressures... that's close to Bobby Harts numbers and yet he scored a 80 PFF grade. I don't care how highly rated his run blocking was that seems like a disparity in numbers by PFF.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 10:15 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Wasn’t reiff signed to play tackle?  I thought he signed here with the understanding (handshake agreement?) that’s where he’d play.  Now if he or Jonah are ok moving to guard let’s try to get him.  If not the discussion is probably moot.  I don’t see Moses coming here to play guard unless we’re his only option.  And I doubt we will be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't characterize it that way at all. He said in multiple interviews that he would play wherever and that the Bengals asked him if he would move into guard depending on the draft and post draft FA.
Reply/Quote
So who are we trying to knock off the OL with this pickup if made? i thought Carman solved our issues...
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 11:13 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: So who are we trying to knock off the OL with this pickup if made? i thought Carman solved our issues...

Move moses to rt and put Reiff at Lg. Ur line would be
Jonah Williams
Riley Reiff
Trey Hopkins
Jackson Carman
Morgan Moses

That’s good
Reply/Quote
If we are trying to protect Burrow from pass rush, Moses is not the guy.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 11:13 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: So who are we trying to knock off the OL with this pickup if made?  i thought Carman solved our issues...

Spain/XSF/Johnson.

All we need is a year to not rush some of the young oline draft picks not named Carman. 

I'd move Reiff to LG.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 08:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I must have missed the memo, is the board now done with complaining they won't play the rookies and moved on to we shouldn't pressure rookies to start? Ninja

I think there needs to be a little context here. Fans get upset when entrenched vets are way underperforming and still keep starting. While rookie/young player A and B are riding the pine.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 11:59 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Move moses to rt and put Reiff at Lg.  Ur line would be
Jonah Williams
Riley Reiff
Trey Hopkins
Jackson Carman
Morgan Moses

That’s good

(05-21-2021, 12:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: Spain/XSF/Johnson.

All we need is a year to not rush some of the young oline draft picks not named Carman. 

I'd move Reiff to LG.

Morgan Moses was as bad as Bobby Hart in pass protection. I would rather he played guard but he is not gonna sign in Cincy to play Guard. 

Reply/Quote
If we are trying to protect Burrow, we need a better OT backup for when Jonah misses time again. It's that simple. When Jonah gets hurts, moving Reiff to LT and Carman to RT means we're 1 step closer to Jordan playing. If we simply replace Jonah, that means Adeniji or Johnson start. I have hope for Adeniji and the rookies, but the bulk of our OL depth is trash. Signing Moses adds some improved depth.
Reply/Quote