Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morgan Moses to the Ravens
https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1503905723301912582?s=21
Reply/Quote
That’s a really cheap deal. Rumor is the tackle market is way down and that’s why Collins hasn’t been traded for, because teams think they can pay less than 10.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 10:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: That’s a really cheap deal. Rumor is the tackle market is way down and that’s why Collins hasn’t been traded for, because teams think they can pay less than 10.

I think so too. Armstead hasn’t gone has he?
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 10:35 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think so too. Armstead hasn’t gone has he?

Nah, belief is he is waiting to see if Saints get Watson.
Reply/Quote
Dang it. That's a good deal. He was one of my favorite guys to fill the hole. My guess is they plan to move Mekari back to C or maybe one of the guard spots, he had very small arms for a tackle though he wasn't a total liability.

I think Bozeman re-signing there is less likely, but not out of the question. I want either him or Tretter (preferably the latter) to play C, put Karras at LG, and then we just need a RT. I'm getting the feeling we end up re-signing Reiff after the market settles and determine he's the best fit for value, scheme fit, familiarity, continuity, etc.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
Oh man, knowing we could have had Moses for $5m/yr and James Daniels for $8.8m/yr and had a completely revamped OL rather than letting them go to division rivals stings a bit extra.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Shoot that’s good value. Will sting a lot less if we get Collins though
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 10:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: That’s a really cheap deal. Rumor is the tackle market is way down and that’s why Collins hasn’t been traded for, because teams think they can pay less than 10.

I think you may be spot on.  Most everyone has been thinking his open market value is way higher than $10 mil, so the lack of willing trade partners for Dallas was puzzling. But if it is below $10 mil.... 
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 10:54 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I think you may be spot on.  Most everyone has been thinking his open market value is way higher than $10 mil, so the lack of willing trade partners for Dallas was puzzling. But if it is below $10 mil.... 

Yea, but were also debating between a stop gap vs potentially still ascending RT who is top tier. Still, I'd be okay with him under 10.
Reply/Quote
That sucks. I would have preferred to sign Moses and be done with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Offense Tackle FA class drastically shrank today. Morgan Moses and Laremy Tunsil signed. Terron Armstead and Trent Brown are major injury risks.... That leaves Daryl Williams and a possible La'el Collins release?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

The T market honestly wasn't that great.  It was basically old and hurt or young and mediocre.  Armstead has kind of held that market up.  Surprised to see Moses take a deal that bad this early.  This really puts the screws to guys like Daryl Williams, Mike Remmers, and Reiff.  If I were the Bengals, I'd offer Reiff 1 year/$3 mil to be the swing T next year regardless of what else shakes out with the T market.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 12:15 AM)Synric Wrote: Offense Tackle FA class drastically shrank today. Morgan Moses and Laremy Tunsil signed. Terron Armstead and Trent Brown are major injury risks.... That leaves Daryl Williams and a possible La'el Collins release?

Eric Fisher is still available as is Duane Brown.  Lotta guys if you're looking for a stopgap or a guy to compete with a draft pick like Mike Remmers, Andrew Wylie, Marcus Cannon, Reiff, Ifedi, Bulaga, etc.
Reply/Quote
The Collins - Moses comparisons should really stop. Moses in his 8th or 9th season last year was a 4M, 1yr depth piece for the Jets forced into action due to injury.

Collins is on a different tier.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 06:42 AM)casear2727 Wrote: The Collins - Moses comparisons should really stop. Moses in his 8th or 9th season last year was a 4M, 1yr depth piece for the Jets forced into action due to injury.

Moses would be a lesser version of a healthy reiff. Less than average

Collins would be a better version of a healthy reiff. So above average.

It kind of makes sense in salary comp.

Collins (10m), reiff (7.5m last year), Moses (5m)

I would have been OK with Moses on that same deal, especially with the other additions, but bringing reiff back for another year is the same and fine with me.
Reply/Quote
For those disappointed, it's likely the Bengals were aware of Moses' asking price.
Reply/Quote
Incredibly great deal for the Ravens to get an ironman RT.
At this point, it's down to probably Daryl Williams, Riley Reiff, Billy Turner, or Collins (trade/release)?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 06:42 AM)casear2727 Wrote: The Collins - Moses comparisons should really stop. Moses in his 8th or 9th season last year was a 4M, 1yr depth piece for the Jets forced into action due to injury.

Moses was also not released from WFT until May 20, so he missed the normal signing period for FA last year.
Teams had already spent their cap and drafted, so he didn't have much other choice than taking a cheap prove-it deal.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 09:31 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Incredibly great deal for the Ravens to get an ironman RT.
At this point, it's down to probably Daryl Williams, Riley Reiff, Billy Turner, or Collins (trade/release)?

Ironman?

The 31-year-old hasn’t missed a game since his rookie season in 2014 and is still a rock-solid starting right tackle. Moses finished the 2021 season with a Pro Football Focus grade of 71.0 that ranked 40th among all tackles in the NFL.

That take doesn’t make sense. Rock solid, yet ranked 40th of all tackles. That isn’t even average. It would be an upgrade to what the bengals had (post reiff injury), but as a long term solution, the bengals could do better.

How so?
1) get Collins
2) get reiff, Williams or turner on a 1 year deal (or 2 year with an option) and draft/develop players already on the roster.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 10:48 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Ironman?

The 31-year-old hasn’t missed a game since his rookie season in 2014 and is still a rock-solid starting right tackle. Moses finished the 2021 season with a Pro Football Focus grade of 71.0 that ranked 40th among all tackles in the NFL.

That take doesn’t make sense.  Rock solid, yet ranked 40th of all tackles.  That isn’t even average.  It would be an upgrade to what the bengals had (post reiff injury), but as a long term solution, the bengals could do better.

How so?
1) get Collins
2) get reiff, Williams or turner on a 1 year deal (or 2 year with an option) and draft/develop players already on the roster.

Ironman as in being out there every game. Extremely durable. I thought this was a known analogy.
My bad.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote