Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moritz Boehringer
I looked at his interview today and thought he seemed like a nice guy and pretty genuine.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000652238/article/moritz-boehringer-has-already-visited-with-chiefs-packers-vikings

I also watched some of his highlights which I thought were quite nice, I really want us to draft him in the 4th or 5th. He really intrigues me as someone who could become something really great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfv0OPczDlw&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_436574255&src_vid=K0P1PrVATE8

(Also, his favorite current WR is A.J. Green) Big Grin
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
No way he is worth more than a 6th 7th round pick.

His entire highlight reel is nothing but him catching short passes and then outrunning a bunch of slow defenders.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2016, 05:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No way he is worth more than a 6th 7th round pick.

His entire highlight reel is nothing but him catching short passes and then outrunning a bunch of slow defenders.

at the speed he runs thats pretty close to how it will look at this level
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2016, 06:02 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: at the speed he runs thats pretty close to how it will look at this level

NFL defenders are a lot faster than the competition he faced in Germany.  If he relies on his speed alone he will not even be able to get open in the NFL.  He is not a 4.3 guy.  He is more like a 4.4-4.5 guy.
Reply/Quote
4.4 to 4.5 is pretty good for this draft class
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2016, 06:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: NFL defenders are a lot faster than the competition he faced in Germany.  If he relies on his speed alone he will not even be able to get open in the NFL.  He is not a 4.3 guy.  He is more like a 4.4-4.5 guy.

someone his height is always open if he has any hops. But im in the boat of 5-7th rounder... or UDFA project sometimes by the 5th round though your picking who you want to compete for PS
Reply/Quote
Apparently he has visits with 8+ teams and he ran a 4.41 at his pro day and he's 6'4.

Also has been working with Pierre Garcon and Anquan Boldin according to him.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2016, 06:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: someone his height is always open if he has any hops and reliable hands.     But im in the boat of 5-7th rounder...    or UDFA project sometimes by the 5th round though your picking who you want to compete for PS

Added something there for you. But also 6'4" isn't what it used to be what with Richard Sherman being 6'3" and that leading to a lot of people looking for clones (the Bengals' hope with Kirkpatrick at 6'2"). 6'4" used to be much more impressive when 1st round pick CBs were all like 5'10-5'11 (Revis, A Jones, Hall, Joseph, etc).

But yeah, I agree that I would probably try out a 5th-7th on the guy. It's not like the 5th would be early in the 5th afterall. That is solidly in flawed project territory.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I don't know if I would draft him or not because where is he going to develop his game. If we do draft him is he just a pure sixth wr on the roster or does he play? I doubt we could keep him on the practice squad because of his hype.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Guaranteed rabid cult following in the fan base, before he washes out. But seriously he seems like the real deal to me; always hard to tell against lesser competition.

As a German, you know his routes will be precise Tongue
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2016, 06:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: someone his height is always open if he has any hops. But im in the boat of 5-7th rounder... or UDFA project sometimes by the 5th round though your picking who you want to compete for PS

Well we took Mohammed "No-separation" Sanu in the 3rd. Ninja
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If we had a comp 6th or 7th rounder Id draft him and let him ride it out on the PS a year or two. I think however he'll be the first UDFA gobbled up.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2016, 06:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: someone his height is always open if he has any hops.     But im in the boat of 5-7th rounder...    or UDFA project sometimes by the 5th round though your picking who you want to compete for PS

39" vertical.. He's got hops.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 12:11 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Well we took Mohammed "No-separation" Sanu in the 3rd. Ninja

i think after someone called him in the first saying we were drafting him... they felt the need to fix the situation...
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2016, 12:11 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Well we took Mohammed "No-separation" Sanu in the 3rd. Ninja

Hindsight is 20/20, but you really can't blame the Bengals for taking Sanu when they did back then. He was a projected 2-3 round pick and was scouted as having reliable hands and can get separation in short routes. Heck, in his last year at Rutgers, Sanu had an astounding 115 receptions. His knocks were his speed and his lack of playmaking ability with the ball in his hands. Many viewed him as a Houshmandzadeh type, expecting him to be a security blanket for underneath routes and a perfect fit for a WCO.
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/mohamed-sanu?id=2533040

Bottom line is his production in the NFL has never panned out (to date) quite like his scouting reports from multiple sources projected.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Sanu's production was great for a third round pick.

What is your point?
Reply/Quote
I saw some comments somewhere where scouts are saying right now it is more hype than anything. He will need some time to get separation, but offers the physical attributes. The point of the article was, if he didn't have the hype the same guy should be a 5th or 6th rounder, but the hype could drive him into the 4th.
Reply/Quote
Heck i have seen mock drafts with this guy going in the late 1st early 2nd round. What about teaching this kid to block and convert him to TE.
Reply/Quote