Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mortensen - Expect PHI to build around Hurts
Per Chris Mortensen, PHI owner wants to build around Jalen Hurts this year.

With the Eagles already releasing DeSean Jackson, trading Wentz, set to release Alshon Jeffery at the start of the new league year, and Ertz set to hit FA, the Eagles are going to need pass catchers BAD.
I would expect them to take one of Chase, Smith, Waddle, or Pitts.
If this ends up being a likely scenario, I think the Bengals might have more suitors who could want to trade up for their preferred pass catcher ahead of the Eagles.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If Cincy doesnt take Pitts then Philly will grab him for sure.
Pitts is the best offensive weapon in this whole draft
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 02:05 PM)impactplaya Wrote: If Cincy doesnt take Pitts then Philly will grab him for sure.

Honestly, I think they may go Chase or Smith over Pitts unless they wanna run two-TE sets.
Dallas Goedert has been a solid TE1 for them the past couple years.
Jalen Reagor, who is likely their WR1 right now, only put up 396-1 in his first season, and really seems more like a WR2 type anyway.
I could see them wanting a bona fide WR1, and they can get that with Chase or Smith.

With all that said, Pitts is elite and is a great weapon in any offense.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 02:05 PM)impactplaya Wrote: If Cincy doesnt take Pitts then Philly will grab him for sure.

I actually think Smith is the best weapon.. but I also believe Oline are weapons also, without them very little happens with WR weapons.. so I vote Sewell is the best offensive weapon... 
Reply/Quote
I don;t think Philly decision matters much in the draft.. I only see teams trading up for a QB since their tends to be less quality there than other positions.. now if they said we are looking at a QB with their pick.. that would increase trade discussions at #5
Reply/Quote
This is a good thing for us in case Sewell isn't there at 5. If we can trade back and still get a good O-lineman or Pitts
and another pick it would be ideal for us. It is pretty much a given now that the Eagles will take a WR with their pick
as Ocho here says. Still for taking Chase too if he falls for some weird reason.

The best scenario for us if Sewell is not there at 5 is trading back IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 03:55 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I actually think Smith is the best weapon.. but I also believe Oline are weapons also, without them very little happens with WR weapons.. so I vote Sewell is the best offensive weapon... 

What I worry about Sewell.is that he took a whole year off
From football.
Im not so sure OTs are actual weapons in the scheme of things
It sure didnt help the Browns when Joe Thomas was anchoring
That left side.
Sewell has a chance to struggle right out the gate week 1.
The hype train on him has cooled off in the last few weeks

Joe Burrow needs weapons that can beat defenses at all 3 levels. He has Tee who showed promising glimpses last year.
Uzomah is ok but he is not dynamic.
Sample is nothing more than a checkdown option.

Sewell is not heads and shoulders above the other highly
Rated OTs in this draft. 

This oline needs a injection of experience at OG and OT.

Davonta Smith is a special talent. But if he is drafted by the Bengals he is at best the 3rd WR.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 05:58 PM)impactplaya Wrote: What I worry about Sewell.is that he took a whole year off
From football.
That left side.

Joe Burrow needs weapons that can beat defenses at all 3 levels. He has Tee who showed promising glimpses last year.

Rated OTs in this draft. 

Davonta Smith is a special talent. But if he is drafted by the Bengals he is at best the 3rd WR.

The thing about Pitts is he would automatically be our #1 pass catching TE.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 06:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The thing about Pitts is he would automatically be our #1 pass catching TE.

Pitts could draw the number 1 CB at times 
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 05:58 PM)impactplaya Wrote: What I worry about Sewell.is that he took a whole year off
From football.
That left side.

Rated OTs in this draft. 

well im going to go along with what experts are saying that Sewell is the most impacting Oline person in a while but not playing this year does suck.. but so many players did not play this year.. look at Chase so if you are concerned about Sewell and experience have to have some concern with Chase correct ??..  as for Smith to me he is a special player that can do some much of what we are missing in this offense.. I don;t see Pitts as the fit for this type of offense.... 

We will just disagree on who is more "Special"
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 07:30 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: well im going to go along with what experts are saying that Sewell is the most impacting Oline person in a while but not playing this year does suck.. but so many players did not play this year.. look at Chase  so if you are concerned about Sewell and experience have to have some concern with Chase correct ??..  as for Smith to me he is a special player that can do some much of what we are missing in this offense.. I don;t see Pitts as the fit for this type of offense.... 

Im not worried about Chase so much for several reasons
1. Their will be less pressure on him to play at a high level 
Right away. Sewell will  be expected to be a lockdown OT
Vs Elite pass rushers.
If Taylor cant fit Pitts in this offense he has no business
Being the author of the Bengals playbook or even a HS playbook
Chase isnt expected to be the number #1 WR in this offense

2. Sewell will have to be coached up and accelerate
His learning process with the year off.

The Bengals can still upgrade the oline and not draft
Sewell. Their are free agents on the market they can 
Make a run at. 
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 07:30 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: well im going to go along with what experts are saying that Sewell is the most impacting Oline person in a while but not playing this year does suck.. but so many players did not play this year.. look at Chase  so if you are concerned about Sewell and experience have to have some concern with Chase correct ??..  as for Smith to me he is a special player that can do some much of what we are missing in this offense.. I don;t see Pitts as the fit for this type of offense.... 

(03-08-2021, 07:51 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Im not worried about Chase so much for several reasons
Vs Elite pass rushers.

Make a run at. 

FA is going to have a big impact on the 1st round pick.
If a good OT is signed in FA, I'll be more inclined to take a pass catcher in Rd 1, even if Sewell is there.

Also, while people are saying Sewell has arguably the highest ceiling of any OT to come out in the past decade, many have admitted he's not the most polished prospect on Day 1.
Kyle Pitts is also considered to be the best TE prospect to come out in (at least) the past decade, and he's also very NFL-ready on Day 1.
So to be honest, Pitts might be better than Sewell when it comes to mix of ceiling and readiness.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 07:51 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Im not worried about Chase so much for several reasons
Vs Elite pass rushers.

Make a run at. 

We can upgrade all positions in FA.. we could sign a good WR or a good TE which would mean no need to Chase or Pitts.. so that is a mute point
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 08:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: FA is going to have a big impact on the 1st round pick.
If a good OT is signed in FA, I'll be more inclined to take a pass catcher in Rd 1, even if Sewell is there.

Also, while people are saying Sewell has arguably the highest ceiling of any OT to come out in the past decade, many have admitted he's not the most polished prospect on Day 1.
Kyle Pitts is also considered to be the best TE prospect to come out in (at least) the past decade, and he's also very NFL-ready on Day 1.
So to be honest, Pitts might be better than Sewell when it comes to mix of ceiling and readiness.

The argument here is tough because Sewell is 20. He is probably more immature than most players declaring. He needs to add more core strength, needs more work with his feet, his punch. Needs more polish that’s for sure. But I bet his ceiling in higher than Pitts, and you have to bet on him doing a lot of work on his own, and Pollack to get the most out of him.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 09:13 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We can upgrade all positions in FA.. we could sign a good WR or a good TE which would mean no need to Chase or Pitts.. so that is a mute point

What TE on the FA market now is capable of giving you the dynamics that Pitts can? 
TE now is a position where if you.have a game changer at that 
Spot, you lock him long.term.
If there are TEs available now to be signed, theres a reason for that
The Bengals have nobody at TE now that scares any defense.
Whats wrong at being great at TE? 
The Bengals havent had a great TE since Danny Ross
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 11:09 PM)impactplaya Wrote: What TE on the FA market now is capable of giving you the dynamics that Pitts can? 
TE now is a position where if you.have a game changer at that 
Spot, you lock him long.term.
If there are TEs available now to be signed, theres a reason for that
The Bengals have nobody at TE now that scares any defense.
Whats wrong at being great at TE? 
The Bengals havent had a great TE since Danny Ross

Sorry but there is a big difference from potential and results,  Pitts never played in NFL like all rookies and you act like picking a fa tackle is an upgrade over Sewell considered best tackle to come out in a while but getting a quality FA tight end is not.. makes little sense. . I would never pass on a potential great tackle over a potential great TE...
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 12:17 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sorry but there is a big difference from potential and results,  Pitts never played in NFL like all rookies and you act like picking a fa tackle is an upgrade over Sewell considered best tackle to come out in a while but getting a quality FA tight end is not.. makes little sense. . I would never pass on a potential great tackle over a potential great TE...

Fact: An average tackle and a great TE is better than a great tackle and an average TE. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Vs Elite pass rushers.

Make a run at. 

It's highly unlikely that he's just been sitting around. Anyone with a decent head on their shoulders, or people around him with decent heads on their shoulders, is having someone work with him on technique already. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 12:17 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sorry but there is a big difference from potential and results,  Pitts never played in NFL like all rookies and you act like picking a fa tackle is an upgrade over Sewell considered best tackle to come out in a while but getting a quality FA tight end is not.. makes little sense. . I would never pass on a potential great tackle over a potential great TE...

Lance Zierleins write up for Kyle Pitts.

Quote:While the player comparison for the purposes of this scouting report is Darren Waller, Pitts may have the traits and talent to create mismatches similar to those created by Calvin Johnson and Tyreek Hill. His rare blend of size, athleticism and ball skills are reminiscent of Megatron’s. His ability as a pass-catching tight end could force defenses in his division to alter the way they construct their roster. He’s a tough matchup for most linebackers and too big for most cornerbacks. He offers offensive coordinators the ability to align him all over the field and, like Waller, can become a highly targeted, highly productive pass catcher from the tight end position. He puts in effort as a blocker but with limited success. That’s not what makes him special, though. Along with Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence, Pitts has a chance to become the biggest game-changer in the 2021 NFL Draft.
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/kyle-pitts/32005049-5451-6805-5aec-d4afcbd52e25
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2021, 09:31 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: The argument here is tough because Sewell is 20. He is probably more immature than most players declaring. He needs to add more core strength, needs more work with his feet, his punch. Needs more polish that’s for sure. But I bet his ceiling in higher than Pitts, and you have to bet on him doing a lot of work on his own, and Pollack to get the most out of him.

Billings was 20 when he came to Bengals, I believe.
He had a good ceiling because of his size and ridiculous strength (broke a lifting record).
But it did take him 2-3 years before he started coming into his own.
If Sewell is taken, I hope people don't expect elite play right out of the gate.
He could take a year or two to get to really good/elite.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote