Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mortensen - Expect PHI to build around Hurts
(03-09-2021, 10:45 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Billings was 20 when he came to Bengals, I believe.
He had a good ceiling because of his size and ridiculous strength (broke a lifting record).
But it did take him 2-3 years before he started coming into his own.
If Sewell is taken, I hope people don't expect elite play right out of the gate.
He could take a year or two to get to really good/elite.

He should start playing RT day 1 for his first 2 years until he develops more core strength and polish. When he’s ready move him to LT and either let Jonah be RT or better yet have your RT on the roster and let Jonah test FA or trade him. That’s what I would try to do
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 12:50 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: He should start playing RT day 1 for his first 2 years until he develops more core strength and polish. When he’s ready move him to LT and either let Jonah be RT or better yet have your RT on the roster and let Jonah test FA or trade him. That’s what I would try to do

Don't even really need to move to LT nowadays. RT is just as important as LT now that there are good pass rushers on both sides.
Let Jonah Williams continue at LT while Sewell stays and develops at RT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 12:50 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: He should start playing RT day 1 for his first 2 years until he develops more core strength and polish. When he’s ready move him to LT and either let Jonah be RT or better yet have your RT on the roster and let Jonah test FA or trade him. That’s what I would try to do

What if, in the next 2 years, Jonah develops into a very good, reliable LT?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Cincy needs to double down at the OT spots.
Sign a FA and draft one.
Jonah has been more hurt than healthy.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 07:01 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Cincy needs to double down at the OT spots.
Sign a FA and draft one.
Jonah has been more hurt than healthy.

I'm thinking a guy who might have some OG/OT flex like Leatherwood or Carman. Both I think are best suited for OG but can swing outside and be at least serviceable. Like we found out Boling could be.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 06:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What if, in the next 2 years, Jonah develops into a very good, reliable LT?

Good thing because I’m expecting him to. If they have 3 really good tackles in 2 years you trade one. My scenario is expecting a Sewell to LT move with a RT in the wings, so maybe we get a return on investment with a trade for a nice player, because good LTs aren’t easy to come by.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 07:38 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Good thing because I’m expecting him to. If they have 3 really good tackles in 2 years you trade one. My scenario is expecting a Sewell to LT move with a RT in the wings, so maybe we get a return on investment with a trade for a nice player, because good LTs aren’t easy to come by.

Bengals are more inclined to just let one OT walk and get a comp pick.
They don't trade away players for anything good.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 01:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Don't even really need to move to LT nowadays. RT is just as important as LT now that there are good pass rushers on both sides.
Let Jonah Williams continue at LT while Sewell stays and develops at RT.

Agree with this and it keeps the chemistry and continuity going that you need with your O-line.
Reply/Quote