Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mosley to the JETS
Along with Anthony Barr (now that's how you tackle a weak position group).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 09:20 AM)jj22 Wrote: Along with Anthony Barr (now that's how you tackle a weak position group).

Jets had a TON of money to spend and about 40 more holes to fill
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 10:07 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Jets had a TON of money to spend  and about 40 more holes to fill

They threw a ton of money at a problem hoping to fix it, but the money wasn't smart. Their GM is panicked because he is on the hot seat and the deals he is making now will hurt them down the road. Mosley is decent but not 17 million a year good. The issue there is that you didn't just set a new market you obliterated the old one, so even as the cap rises it's not going to catch up to that deal. Barr's deal of 14-15 a year isn't insane for a top level pass rusher but he hasn't ever produced as a top level pass rusher. They are really banking on him being able to do something he has never done. 
Reply/Quote
I don't think we are in any position to slam a GM for not spending money smart.

At least the players they spent it on have production, and weren't begging for a job just last offseason.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 10:25 AM)jj22 Wrote: I don't think we are in any position to slam a GM for not spending money smart.

At least the players they spent it on have production, and weren't begging for a job just last offseason.

Hart won't hamstring the organization beyond this year financially (not that it really does this year). I get it everyone wants the new toys, but the prices people are paying right now really are bad. The cap will go up but inflation won't make a lot of these deals "good". If you can wait out the week and get KJ Wright for 7-9 million a year you came away in a much better place.
Reply/Quote
They need to sign a free-agent Linebacker. They need more than one, and you can’t rely on the draft to get one that you want. I’m not saying to throw money around like Mosely got, but, I think Jordan Hicks would be a nice get at $8m or so.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 10:48 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: They need to sign a free-agent Linebacker. They need more than one, and you can’t rely on the draft to get one that you want. I’m not saying to throw money around like Mosely got, but, I think Jordan Hicks would be a nice get at $8m or so.

I think he gets closer to Alexander money in the 10-12 a year range The injury history may scare people away, but Alexander was coming off an ACL so who knows. 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 10:58 AM)Au165 Wrote: I think he gets closer to Alexander money in the 10-12 a year range The injury history may scare people away, but Alexander was coming off an ACL so who knows. 

He could. We almost always expect at least $2 mill a year less than what these guys end up signing for.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 10:38 AM)Au165 Wrote: Hart won't hamstring the organization beyond this year financially (not that it really does this year). I get it everyone wants the new toys, but the prices people are paying right now really are bad. The cap will go up but inflation won't make a lot of these deals "good". If you can wait out the week and get KJ Wright for 7-9 million a year you came away in a much better place.

Yeah we just need to keep following the Bengals philosophy and we will win a playoff game before our unborn children retire from the workforce.
Reply/Quote
WOHAHAHAHA they paid Mosley 17 million a year ?!?! what in the literal ****. This is the most overpaid free agent class in NFL history. 17 million a year for an MLB is totally mindblowing

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 11:51 AM)Okeana Wrote: WOHAHAHAHA they paid Mosley 17 million a year ?!?! what in the literal ****.  This is the most overpaid free agent class in NFL history.  17 million a year for an MLB is totally mindblowing

Perfect landing spot for Burfict. Cut him loose Mike.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 10:13 AM)Au165 Wrote: They threw a ton of money at a problem hoping to fix it, but the money wasn't smart. Their GM is panicked because he is on the hot seat and the deals he is making now will hurt them down the road. Mosley is decent but not 17 million a year good. The issue there is that you didn't just set a new market you obliterated the old one, so even as the cap rises it's not going to catch up to that deal. Barr's deal of 14-15 a year isn't insane for a top level pass rusher but he hasn't ever produced as a top level pass rusher. They are really banking on him being able to do something he has never done. 

I would allow for that type of money for a 5 year deal on a young productive all pro player.

And I hate the Jets, I was hoping we'd loosen the strings and sign both Barr and Mosley. Life as a Bengal fan goes on like norm. We signed Bobby Hart!! YAYAAYAY Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 11:31 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Yeah we just need to keep following the Bengals philosophy and we will win a playoff game before our unborn children retire from the workforce.

To say it hasn't produced good rosters is disingenuous. The philosophy didn't force Hill to fumble. We have had good rosters but never good rosters and good coaching at the same time. 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 12:04 PM)Au165 Wrote: To say it hasn't produced good rosters is disingenuous. The philosophy didn't force Hill to fumble. We have had good rosters but never good rosters and good coaching at the same time. 

But we've had a piss-poor owner the entire time! So what's going to change? definitely not the owner.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 12:00 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I would allow for that type of money for a 5 year deal on a young productive all pro player.

And I hate the Jets, I was hoping we'd loosen the strings and sign both Barr and Mosley. Life as a Bengal fan goes on like norm. We signed Bobby Hart!! YAYAAYAY Ninja

I'm sorry, but you cannot honestly think its a good idea to pay 17 million for a Middle Linebacker.  Have you lost your god damn mind?  This is why the Jets are always shit bro and guess what they will be shit again next year.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 12:11 PM)Okeana Wrote: I'm sorry, but you cannot honestly think its a good idea to pay 17 million for a Middle Linebacker.  Have you lost your god damn mind?  This is why the Jets are always shit bro and guess what they will be shit again next year.  

I’ll agree on the money Mosley git is just silly money. But the jets have that window of a rookie qb contract and now have the makings of s good defense. Not sure about the rest of the roster tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
All the good players are leaving the division rivals...YESSSSSSS
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 09:20 AM)jj22 Wrote: Along with Anthony Barr (now that's how you tackle a weak position group).

Oh the  joys of only being the tampering season and not actually signing season.....

Anthony Barr has changed his mind after a counter offer from the Vikings.  He's staying home.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 10:25 AM)jj22 Wrote: I don't think we are in any position to slam a GM for not spending money smart.

Right.  Bengal fans should only shit on their own team.

Violin
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2019, 12:11 PM)Okeana Wrote: I'm sorry, but you cannot honestly think its a good idea to pay 17 million for a Middle Linebacker.  Have you lost your god damn mind?  This is why the Jets are always shit bro and guess what they will be shit again next year.  

You obviously don't understand how some fans think.

No other team never makes a bad move in free agency while every move the bengals make is stupid.

The Jets have only had one winning season in the last ten years but the proof that their moves are smarter is a playoff win a decade ago.
Reply/Quote