Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Intriguing training Camp battle this off season
Starting LG- Boiling vs Glenn VS Westerman
Favorite to win- Boiling
My Take- I think Boiling wins because he has the most experience and most trustworthy. also think Glenn will move back to T and Williams will start at right tackel

Starting Nickle( opposite of Vigil) LB- Pratt vs P Brown vs Jefferson vs Evans
Favorite to win- Pratt
My Take- it's Pratts job to lose but wouldn't be surprised if either one of Evans or Jefferson make a nice process this camp.

Starting Nickle DT (opposite Geno)- Ringo vs Wynn vs A Brown vs Willis
Favorite to win- Willis
my take- these guys are all borderline roster cuts come the start of season but there is talent in the group. I say Ringo wins the jobs and impresses this year.

Nickle CB- Dennard vs Webb
Favorite to win -Dennard
My Take- I think both of these Guys will get a lot of snaps this year. Dennard tackling ability will give him the edge.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Backup QB:

Driskel- Incumbent

Finley- Best Prospect

Dolegala- Most arm talent
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2019, 05:01 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Starting LG- Boiling vs Glenn VS Westerman
Favorite to win- Boiling
My Take- I think Boiling wins because he has the most experience and most trustworthy. also think Glenn will move back to T and Williams will start at right tackel

Favorite to win- Pratt
My Take- it's Pratts job to lose but wouldn't be surprised if either one of Evans or Jefferson make a nice process this camp.

Starting Nickle DT (opposite Geno)-  Ringo vs Wynn vs A Brown vs Willis
Favorite to win- Willis
my take- these guys are all borderline roster cuts come the start of season but there is talent in the group. I say Ringo wins the jobs and impresses this year.

Favorite to win -Dennard
My Take- I think both of these Guys will get a lot of snaps this year. Dennard tackling ability will give him the edge.

Dennard gets banged up, so whoever backs him up will spend a fair amount of time on the field.

And I think Wren will get a real shot to play.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2019, 05:01 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Starting LG- Boiling vs Glenn VS Westerman
Favorite to win- Boiling

Favorite to win- Pratt

Starting Nickle DT (opposite Geno)-  Ringo vs Wynn vs A Brown vs Willis
Favorite to win- Willis

Favorite to win -Dennard

Tiger I have to disagree.

I think our starting O-line will be:
LT--J. Williams
LG--C. Glenn
C--B. Price
RG--J.Jerry
RT--B.Hart

Boling will probably stick as a versatile back-up. I see Redmond and Westerman on the outside looking in...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Williams isn't playing right tackle, people need to accept that and move on. They have made it pretty clear he is your LT short of injury, which you know that is kind of a thing right now.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 01:29 AM)JSR18 Wrote: Tiger I have to disagree.

I think our starting O-line will be:
LT--J. Williams
LG--C. Glenn
C--B. Price
RG--J.Jerry
RT--B.Hart

Boling will probably stick as a versatile back-up. I see Redmond and Westerman on the outside looking in...
I haven't seen Jerrys contract details... but you think he starts over miller?
Reply/Quote
I think it's gonna be pretty interesting to see who the last couple WR's they keep are and the TE's for that matter.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2019, 10:27 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I haven't seen Jerrys contract details... but you think he starts over miller?

Tiger Jerry has the experience, but it should be a battle between him, Miller and Michael Jordan.
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Moritz Bohringer takes over to become the day one starter at EVERY single position on the team. Every snap will be 11 on 1 and we're a lock to win the superbowl as the first ever 1 man football team in the NFL. Germany will completely drop the Deuche name and rename the nation as Moritzland. Mark my words folks.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I suppose the guard spots are the most up-in-the-air. I think Jonah and Hart are virtual locks to start at the tackle spots barring injury.

There are multiple question marks at G. Will Glenn mesh well enough into the transition to LG to warrant paying him for another year? Will Boling really remain on the bench once he's able to suit up (I really have doubts about this one.)? Is John Jerry depth or a guy who was brought in to start? Is John Miller consistent enough to plug in at RT? He got benched more than once in Buffalo. Can Jordan do something in camp/preseason to make the average/washout vets irrelevant?

It's really hard to say who the 5 best o-linemen will be by the time September rolls around. All of this is without even mentioning Hopkins or Westerman, 2 more perhaps long shot candidates.

I have no prediction, because I have no idea who I like or who's the best of this collection of mediocre candidates. Based on past performance, my gut says some combination of Glenn and Boling would be the optimal combo, but they are both LGs at this point. They're also not guys who were handpicked by the new regime.

Side Note: The John Jerry thing is confusing. This dude gets brought in after not even playing in 2018 to join a crowded competition. I have to think he's depth, but it's not like they don't have depth with Hopkins, Westerman and Redmond. It's even stranger after the Miller signing. If he's being brought in to start, then that's not encouraging. The Giants line that featured Jerry and Hart on the right side was really bad.
Reply/Quote
Who would have thought that out of all the issues with the line last year, it would be Clint Boling as the one who loses his starting job this year?
Reply/Quote
In all seriousness I think we may see a rotational offensive line with the best run blockers playing run downs and the best pass blockers playing passing downs, but not so cut and dry as to make it painfully obvious what they're actually doing. I never thought it was such a great idea to keep a blocker who can't protect the QB on the field when they intend to throw the ball and vica versa, but on the same hand nobody wants to make it an automatic tell that they're either passing or running the ball.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote