Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Memorable Sporting Event...
I was at the first Ravens game in 2003. It was my first time at PBS, and the first time I ever sat in the lower level at a game. I got my tix for below face value on the street. It was the 4th (?) game of the season (Marvin's first). The Bengals had 1 win (I think it was vs Cleveland), and looked to be headed down that same ole 90's - early 2000s path. The Bengals stomped the Ravens... Kitna hit Chad for 2 long TDs, which were played on the jumbotron @ PBS until Chad departed. As the game wound down the south endzone started chanting Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengals? After that, they went on their little run that almost landed them in the playoffs.

I was at the 1988 regular season game vs Buffalo. I was 14 and sick as a dog, but toughed it out.

In 1998 I caught a home run from Barry Bonds in right field at game between the Giants and Diamondbacks in Phoenix. I have no ****** clue what ever became of that ball, but I caught it.

Honorable mention... I was at the first game played at GABP vs Cleveland on a cold March afternoon.

I was at the Leon Hall Immaculate Deflection game in 2009. I was in the south end zone behind the E in Bengals... I felt like running out and getting leveled by Stokley while trying to stop the TD.

I saw Jeter play a couple of games in the minors @ Columbus.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2015, 03:57 PM)jason Wrote: Honorable mention...  I was at the first game played at GABP vs Cleveland on a cold March afternoon.

I was there, too!
Reply/Quote
While I was not there, Secretariat winning the Belmont by 31 lengths is pretty memorable to me. Same for Reds back to back World Series in '75 and '76. Was at Riverfront the night Pete came back as player manager and the night before he got 4192. Both were pretty electric.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2015, 06:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Thanksgiving Day 1997 (also my birthday). Silverdome in Pontiac Michigan. Barry Sanders rushes for 3 tds and 167 yards on his way to over 2000 that season. He tied the NFL record with his 11th straight 100 yard game. His performance that day was nominated for an ESPY. Also Turkey Day is a huge tradition with Lions fans and the tailgating was crazy.

I was there too, Fred, along with my family. I used to love Thanksgivings in Detroit. After Barry retired it just wasn't the same, though.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote