Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Useful/ Useless Car feature
(08-22-2022, 11:26 AM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: It is in Colorado as well, but doesn't stop anyone.  I believe there are a handful of states where it's a law, and they put signs all over the highway reminding people, but I've never noticed a difference when it comes to actual behavior, and I can't imagine it's enforced in any real way, unless there was no one on the highway and a cop came flying up behind. 

Move to South Carolina if you're worried about cops on freeways. I have more tits on my left foot than South Carolina has cops on freeways..  Cool  You don't wanna see my left foot.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 11:26 AM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: It is in Colorado as well, but doesn't stop anyone.  I believe there are a handful of states where it's a law, and they put signs all over the highway reminding people, but I've never noticed a difference when it comes to actual behavior, and I can't imagine it's enforced in any real way, unless there was no one on the highway and a cop came flying up behind. 

There are a number of signs, and it has made a difference. Many of the violators I see are out of state, still a number of folks who ride left. But it is better.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 08:13 PM)SladeX Wrote: There are a number of signs, and it has made a difference. Many of the violators I see are out of state, still a number of folks who ride left. But it is better.

Signs that probably should be here.. "We'll tell your mom if you drive like a bat out of hell.."

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Hey! Back seat drivers! Who doesn't like having some schmuck right behind you telling you how to drive? 

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2022, 08:13 PM)SladeX Wrote: There are a number of signs, and it has made a difference. Many of the violators I see are out of state, still a number of folks who ride left. But it is better.

I'm impressed!  I'd have guessed there would be a lot of Texans there too, who seem to be the number one offenders here (that and the pretentious "Colorado Natives" who still think the Front Range hasn't been developed LOL)
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 09:07 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: My Corvette has one and I love it. I like how you can keep an eye on your speed without taking your eyes off the road. 

Never had one but I am a fan of Vettes. What year/model do you have?
Reply/Quote
Most useful: Backup camera. I'm 43. I can't twist around like I used to.

Least useful: Auto shutoff. WTF!?!? We just bought s new Bronco, but almost didn't because the salesman wasn't sure if it could be disabled (it can). Maybe it helps with gas mileage in very urban environments, but we don't all live there. I drive 25 miles on a daily commute and have to stop twice. If I forget to turn it off, I now get to freak out the first time I stop.
Reply/Quote
So I have this thing on my car (and I’ve heard that it’s common), where if you press the unlock button on the key fob two times and hold it down on the second press, it rolls all of the windows down. It’s ***** dumb. It’s even worse when you find out about it two weeks after you get a new car, when it rains overnight, and you’ve accidentally pressed the button combo in your pocket.

At least the sunroof was closed…
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 07:37 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: So I have this thing on my car (and I’ve heard that it’s common), where if you press the unlock button on the key fob two times and hold it down on the second press, it rolls all of the windows down. It’s ***** dumb. It’s even worse when you find out about it two weeks after you get a new car, when it rains overnight, and you’ve accidentally pressed the button combo in your pocket.

At least the sunroof was closed…

I actually like that feature. Especially when approaching you care on a hot summer day 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
My van has key buttons to remotely open and close the rear hatch and both side doors. Comes in darn handy when its 100° here in South Carolina.. Unfortunately they don't work if I'm carrying a bunch of heavy stuff so I end up having to set everything down on the ground and use the key to open the doors. Soon as all the heavy stuff is loaded the remote magically works just fine and dandy again.. It's a freaking commie plot I tell ya!  

Reply/Quote
There was actually a feature on my 2020 Equinox that almost got me in a fight.

A couple of years ago the weather suddenly turned cold and all of my tires lost a few lbs PSI. I got my tire gauge and went to the 5-Star to use their air pump. As soon as I pulled in another car pulled in front of me.

I started to fill my back passenger tire and after a couple of seconds I heard a horn beep, I thought to myself "I know this dude is not trying to hurry me".

So I went (slowly) to my back driver's side tire and as I'd been filling for a couple of seconds the horn beeped again. I said to myself if he blows that horn one more time there's gonna be trouble in the 5-Star parking lot.

I took my time moving to my front driver's side tire whilst "mean mugging" and began filling it. After a couple of seconds, a horn beeped. That's when I realized it was my horn. Apparently, it beeps the horn when you reach the recommended PSI.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote