Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Yards Allowed Rushing in a Season
We might have a record-setting defense after all!

In 1978, the Bills gave up 3,228 yards.
In 1980, New Orleans gave up 3,106.
In 1978, Baltimore gave up 3,010.

This year, we give up 189 yards a game which puts us on page for 3,024. IF we give up 22.6 yards per game more rushing than our average now over the last 9...we'll set the record!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Pretty impressive to be on pace to give up 3000+ yards rushing in a year. It takes work to be this bad.

But, I hear all the time how the defense keeps us in games...
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 12:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Pretty impressive to be on pace to give up 3000+ yards rushing in a year. It takes work to be this bad.

But, I hear all the time how the defense keeps us in games...

Only because contractually they have to stay on the field when the other teams offense is there too.. There's no requirement that says they have to keep the score remotely close..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 12:43 PM)grampahol Wrote: Only because contractually they have to stay on the field when the other teams offense is there too.. There's no requirement that says they have to keep the score remotely close..

Could we do worse IF we pulled them?

How about when we put in an extra DT for 5 and the Jaguars tried to run straight at it? The Jags have inept coaching too.
Reply/Quote
Our run defense may have to get worse to set the record, but our offense does not have to get any worse to set the record for fewest rushing yards.

We are on pace for 848. The fewest ever in a 16 game season is 1062 by the '00 Chargers.

As bad as the 90's were I think we could set a new record for futility if we both allowed the most rushing yards in history while rushing for the fewest in history.

And somehow blame it all on Andy Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 12:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Our run defense may have to get worse to set the record, but our offense does not have to get any worse to set the record for fewest rushing yards.

We are on pace for 848.  The fewest ever in a 16 game season is 1062 by the '00 Chargers.

As bad as the 90's were I think we could set a new record for futility if we both allowed the most rushing yards in history while rushing for the fewest in history.

And somehow blame it all on Andy Dalton.

The funny thing is pointing at any one person to blame this mess on (I know you're not, just commenting on the concept). The only portion of this team that may not be terrible is special teams. We really have no areas of offense or defense that are worth anything that I'm aware of. 

Thats the biggest part that has me concerned with Turner. Yes he's not been giving much in the way of players and injuries have hurt but this team should not be THIS bad. Its just comical watching mistake after mistake from interceptions to fumbles to the defense dropping what should be sure interceptions to offsides on 3rd and 2 to missed tackles. Its just seems every single way this team can undercut itself it goes out of its way to do.

This has got to reflect the coaching. You can have a lack of talent and still be a disciplined team that just gets outplayed. We're too busy beating ourselves most of the time.
Reply/Quote