Poll: most dissapointing playoff loss under Marvin Lewis?
This poll is closed.
2005 vs Steelers
20.73%
17 20.73%
2009 vs Jets
7.32%
6 7.32%
2011 @ Texans
1.22%
1 1.22%
2012 @ Texans
2.44%
2 2.44%
2013 vs Chargers
67.07%
55 67.07%
2014 @ Colts
1.22%
1 1.22%
Total 82 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most dissapointing playoff loss under marvin
Every one of them stunk to high hell, IMO.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
2005 vs Steelers - Disappointing because we COULD've beat them and possibly made it to the Super Bowl (though personally I think the Colts would've beaten us), however, we lost because of an injury to Palmer. I think this is somewhat excusable.

2009 vs Jets - no real reason we should've lost to them. Is my 2nd most disappointing loss

2011 @ Texans - yeah, they were QB'd by what's his face, but Dalton was a rookie who should've only won 4 games (at least, according to the analysts prior to the season)

2012 @ Texans - disappointing because we should've beaten them. But as poorly as Dalton played, we still had a chance to tie it up at the end. Dalton just thows it an inch shorter and who knows what would've happened. Close loss, but still not that disappointing in comparison.

2013 vs Chargers* - the most disappointing, IMO. We beat them in SD earlier in the season and now we're at home. There was really no reason we should've lost. In fact, I wouldn't even say SD won so much as we lost that game.

2014 @ Colts - the least disappointing, IMO. We just had no chance. Our defense is no longer a strength. Our offense is starting our #3 WR, #4 WR and #4 HB as the starting WRs. Injuries were the main culprit. We had no chance. The fact that it was so close as long as it was just makes it even worse.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
The Chargers game is #1 for me. It's been covered to death on here, but everything was in place to finally snap our losing streak. Then we just fell apart and let San Diego win the game. The Pitt game would've been #1 had we stayed healthy in the game and lost.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
The 2013 Bengals were the best Bengals team I had seen. They were great on defense and explosive on offense. We blew out a gillion teams. Then the team just stunk to high hell with playoff Dalton and bad performances all around. I've never been more diappointed
Reply/Quote
Hmmm. Good question.

I voted for the Steelers loss in '05. Regardless of what happened to Palmer and Chris Henry, they stil were up 10-0 at one point and had a 17-14 lead at the half. They drove down the field to open the 2nd half and Brad St. Louis had a terrible snap on a chip-shot field goal and thus, they missed it. The defense kept killing themselves with huge pass interference penalties. They also let up a huge pass play just before the half to let the Steelers back in the game. The Steelers were playing great football the prior 4 weeks, but, the Bengals had their chances to win this game even without Palmer and they blew it.

The Charger game was disappointing as well, but, I think we were all waiting for the collapse in the 2nd half. It sucks that they insisted on throwing the ball, but, the Chargers coaching staff totally abused the Bengals coaching staff.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would have to say the Jets in '09. We basically had the opportunity to scout them with our backups the week before, and the Jets were coming to our house with a rookie Mark Sanchez at QB. The D played well aside from a few big plays from Keller, but the offense choked big time. The Chargers loss last year was a close second.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Disappointing? '05 vs the steelers easy.

Infuriating? '13 vs the chargers. We should have crushed them, or at least not looked like straight crap.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote