Poll: most dissapointing playoff loss under Marvin Lewis?
This poll is closed.
2005 vs Steelers
20.73%
17 20.73%
2009 vs Jets
7.32%
6 7.32%
2011 @ Texans
1.22%
1 1.22%
2012 @ Texans
2.44%
2 2.44%
2013 vs Chargers
67.07%
55 67.07%
2014 @ Colts
1.22%
1 1.22%
Total 82 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most dissapointing playoff loss under marvin
"The last one."

This statement will never go out of style.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(05-23-2015, 08:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Chargers - No reason we should've lost this game. We were favored at home over a team we'd run all over in San Diego. Gio's fumble, Andy's 2nd half meltdown and a suddenly inept defense were all culprits. We abandoned the run too quickly as well.

2. Steelers - Obvious reasons.

3. Texans 2.0 - This is the only game where the defense was even semi-decent, but the offense didn't show up. Jay decided to feature Gresh over AJ in the first half, which was facepalm worthy. The run game was practically ignored in a close game. Andy overthrew AJ for the win.

4. Colts - This game just felt more like the Bengals playng poorly than the Colts playing well. 3rd string RB Boom Herron gashed our defense for 140+ yards from scrimmage. Luck threw for 376 on our supposedly elite secondary. We didn't run well enough to stick with it. Dalton actually wasn't terrible despite missing pretty much every good receiver on the roster. This loss wasn't on him.

5. Jets - My hopes were down after the Jets manhandled us in regular season. Sure some people think our starters weren't trying, but I don't buy it. Still, it was disappointing to see the team waste a heroic effort from CedBen. Palmer was horrible. Chad was on Revis island. The defense laid a huge egg, getting owned by Sanchez and Shonn Greene of all people. Shayne went 0-2, but we probably would've lost even with the FG's.

6. Texans 1.0 - Even the least disappointing loss was still disappointing. Simply for the fact that we got beat by the Texans' 3rd string QB (TJ Yates). To this day, Yates has been dreadful in every game he's played in...except for his 2 starts against the Bengals, where he was exceptional in both. Even terrible players look good against us in the playoffs. It's ridiculous. Dalton threw 3 INT's, but as a rookie facing Watt on the road, most of us didn't expect much. Still disappointing though.

That was a rough ride down memory lane.

I got to go with the Chargers game. The 8-0 home record, the offense, it just seemed like our year.

05 was heartbreaking.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Chargers in '13 just because I felt so confident going into the game and even into halftime. We had handled them in the regular season in SD just weeks earlier, so I just wasn't worried. Never underestimate Dalton and Co. I guess.

EDIT: just thinking about the game again, why didn't we run more?? We ran all over them in the regular season game. That was one thing that really bugged me.
Reply/Quote
The fact that we have 6 options to choose from in this poll is despicable.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2015, 08:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. Chargers - No reason we should've lost this game. We were favored at home over a team we'd run all over in San Diego. Gio's fumble, Andy's 2nd half meltdown and a suddenly inept defense were all culprits. We abandoned the run too quickly as well.

2. Steelers - Obvious reasons.

3. Texans 2.0 - This is the only game where the defense was even semi-decent, but the offense didn't show up. Jay decided to feature Gresh over AJ in the first half, which was facepalm worthy. The run game was practically ignored in a close game. Andy overthrew AJ for the win.

4. Colts - This game just felt more like the Bengals playng poorly than the Colts playing well. 3rd string RB Boom Herron gashed our defense for 140+ yards from scrimmage. Luck threw for 376 on our supposedly elite secondary. We didn't run well enough to stick with it. Dalton actually wasn't terrible despite missing pretty much every good receiver on the roster. This loss wasn't on him.

5. Jets - My hopes were down after the Jets manhandled us in regular season. Sure some people think our starters weren't trying, but I don't buy it. Still, it was disappointing to see the team waste a heroic effort from CedBen. Palmer was horrible. Chad was on Revis island. The defense laid a huge egg, getting owned by Sanchez and Shonn Greene of all people. Shayne went 0-2, but we probably would've lost even with the FG's.

6. Texans 1.0 - Even the least disappointing loss was still disappointing. Simply for the fact that we got beat by the Texans' 3rd string QB (TJ Yates). To this day, Yates has been dreadful in every game he's played in...except for his 2 starts against the Bengals, where he was exceptional in both. Even terrible players look good against us in the playoffs. It's ridiculous. Dalton threw 3 INT's, but as a rookie facing Watt on the road, most of us didn't expect much. Still disappointing though.

This is all just so accurate that it's gross to think about.

(05-23-2015, 10:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: That was a rough ride down memory lane.

I got to go with the Chargers game. The 8-0 home record, the offense, it just seemed like our year.

05 was heartbreaking.

100% agreed with the first part and 110% agreed with the second. The Chargers game was the game where I KNEW we were breaking the streak. It was impossible us to lose that game.......whoops! Heartbreaking.
Reply/Quote
You could make a strong case for 05 and yes it sucked bad, 09 as well, hell all of em. But to me the most disappointing is by far 13 !

Hell after the Gio fumble we just crapped our pants and quit. We had everything going for us and we laid down and played dead ! Just no excuse for losing the way we did.

You can talk about this stat, that stat, the QB, the OC, we did this or didn't do that. But the bottom line is this team has to find it's heart before it's going anywhere ! And I just don't think that's happening under Lewis.
Reply/Quote
The 05 game was a break your heart sort of game. Just made you want to cry.

The Chargers game surely made me angry, as we should have won.

The worst though in my opinion was the Jets game. Chad and Palmer could do nothing.. for TWO GAMES. It was so demoralizing. I have hated Revis ever since that day because of what happened there. Benson had a decent run in the 3rd quarter, but the passing game was worse than some of these Dalton dud games, it was terribad.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2015, 07:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well he was off to a damn good start.

2005 was hands down the most disappoint to me. I was so excited about that game, Our 1st playoff game in 14 years. CP9 comes out and throws a strike to Slim and then both are gone for the rest of the day. We wind up losing to the hated Steelers. Damn I can't even think of another loss under Marvin coming close.

Agreed. Nothing else even comes close, in my opinion. We were all so pumped that day. PBS was rocking. Finally, a return to the playoffs after 14 years in the wilderness. We were going to get the win, the respect, and the accolades. Then, to have it all wrenched away like that. Just a sucker-punch to the soul.

SD would be my #2, then the Jets. It's always worse when you witness it in person and blew a lot of cash for the privelage.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
The Chargers game for sure. The team was generally healthy and playing at home where they had a perfect record. They really crapped the bed on that one.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2015, 03:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:
While you got a good point about the 2012 game i had to go with the Chargers loss.

That really showed me a lot. We beat that team in their place just a few weeks before.

We didn't have the mentality to win in the Playoffs under Marvin Lewis even against a
team we knew we could beat and already had beaten.

It had nothing to do with mentality. It had everything to do with our O-Line being decimated by injury. 4 of the 5 shouldn't have even been playing.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2015, 02:19 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: It had nothing to do with mentality. It had everything to do with our O-Line being decimated by injury. 4 of the 5 shouldn't have even been playing.

The Bengals were at home, where they had been undefeated and blowing people out during the regular season, against a warm weather team with a rookie HC, that had barely made the playoffs and had a 10-7 halftime lead.

Then, they did what they usually do in the 2nd half, which is completely fail apart...to the tune of 20-0. That's the issue. It has been the issue in every playoff game. It's a very troubling pattern, that has been the only true constant...unfortunately.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2015, 02:19 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: It had nothing to do with mentality. It had everything to do with our O-Line being decimated by injury. 4 of the 5 shouldn't have even been playing.

What a joke of a post Pong.

That has been the problem in every one of our Playoff losses. Every team has injuries.

We haven't had the will to win.

BJGE ran all over the Chargers the first time and was running all over them in the Playoff game and we abandoned the run.

Not a BJGE fan but you stick with what is working. This is almost all mental.
Reply/Quote
The chargers game. Everything was aligned for us. At home, against a team who just sneaked in....and who we had dominated in their place a few weeks earlier. Then to have us not use the run game, and completely shit the bed the second half was just gut wrenching.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2015, 10:01 PM)Baby Hawk Wrote: Could we limit Jungle Noise to Cincinnati Bengals fans?

I'm a lifelong Bengals fan. A very bitter one, but a fan nonetheless. *****.
Reply/Quote
The Steelers loss and Chargers loss are two different types of dissapointments, but they are equivalent.

But you can't blame the Chargers loss on anything but playing way under their capability.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2015, 03:21 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: With the ***** bull shit that idiot Marvin Lewis has put us through, I'm goddamned surprised that people can even manage to be disappointed when he shits the bed yet again, year after year. The most disappointing I guess would be the Steelers game because once that moron Palmer broke his arm and became The Wet Noodle, we were doomed to repeated failure prior to drafting The Red Musket who will also never win us a ***** playoff game. I for one am ***** enraged that this team is such a piece of shit.

Bad day?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
What are playoffs? I was under the impression that the regular season was 17 games and then promptly ended no matter what. Am I missing something here?
Reply/Quote
For me, has to be the Jets 2009 loss. The week before the Jets beat us in the worst whooping ever. I wanted revenge, but we failed again.
Get ready for next year!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Voted the Chargers game. Simply the Bengals had beaten the Chargers earlier in the year in San Diego. Should have walked out of that game with a win.

Last year against the Colts I wasn't expecting much as the Colt had laid the wood to the Bengals earlier in the year.

Reply/Quote
How can anything be more disappointing that the 2005 loss? First playoffs in what...14 years and we lose our top 3 QB on a single hit during a 70 yard pass on the second play of the game and lose to the Steelers. Ugh, how can anything be worse than that?
Reply/Quote