Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most dominant lineman at senior bowl.
(01-25-2018, 02:27 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Thanks for that! The 2 gangstas with the red helmets are #27 Justin Jones and #98 is BJ Hill. Both are from NC State. They are wrecking these O-linemen. 
The guy I saw yesterday getting his ass whooped all day long was #73 PRyor from Oregon. Shiney helmet dude...  He looks like Ced II

Jones is having a great week so far he's the only defensive lineman to beat Hernandez and Teller.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 02:27 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Thanks for that! The 2 gangstas with the red helmets are #27 Justin Jones and #98 is BJ Hill. Both are from NC State. They are wrecking these O-linemen. 
The guy I saw yesterday getting his ass whooped all day long was #73 PRyor from Oregon. Shiney helmet dude...  He looks like Ced II

Yeah Jones and Hill are great.  I really really like Hill, but he's a 3 tech all day long and we have atkins.  I guess he could be a pass rushing 1 tech at the next level as well and a rotational guy.  I would be interested in seeing him on the Edge as well.  Great hands tho

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 02:43 PM)Okeana Wrote: Yeah Jones and Hill are great.  I really really like Hill, but he's a 3 tech all day long and we have atkins.  I guess he could be a pass rushing 1 tech at the next level as well and a rotational guy.  I would be interested in seeing him on the Edge as well.  Great hands tho

The Bengals could still use a 3T to backup Atkins and play next to him on passing downs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 11:41 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Well Boling won't be benched in favor of rookies, so Boling will start somewhere.
But the ONLY reason I could think this could even be possible is if the Bengals want to stick with another year of Ogbuehi development and have Boling as reserve LT if (when) Ogbuehi struggles. And Jamarco Jones as the backup to Fisher I assume?

Jamarco Jones can play rt or left tackle but he fixes those last couple technical issues he'll be a top 5 left tackle in the league. And tackle depth next year is great. Which is why I say interior oline this year, tackles high next year.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 07:12 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Jamarco Jones can play rt or left tackle but he fixes those last couple technical issues he'll be a top 5 left tackle in the league. And tackle depth next year is great. Which is why I say interior oline this year, tackles high next year.

That’s a bold statement that you think Jones could be a top 5 LT in the league. You really think he could be in the conversation as guys like Tyron Smith, Trent Williams, Jason Peters, Joe Thomas, Andrew Whitworth? I don’t see that level of potential with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 09:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That’s a bold statement that you think Jones could be a top 5 LT in the league. You really think he could be in the conversation as guys like Tyron Smith, Trent Williams, Jason Peters, Joe Thomas, Andrew Whitworth? I don’t see that level of potential with him.

Top 5 maybe I was. A little high. But I think he'll be just below those guys. So definitely top 10. He plays the biggest in the biggest games which I love. He had major technical issues 2 years ago fixed almost all of them last off season. He still has a tendency to drop his hands. If he fixes that he's got the talent of a top 7-8 left tackle. Put it this way. Jamarco Jones has more upside than Taylor decker.
Reply/Quote
Why do are fans think we need guards so bad it's bizarre ,hello we got Redmond / westerman
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 05:09 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Why do are fans think we need guards so bad it's bizarre ,hello we got Redmond / westerman

Those two couldn't get on the field until the last two games. They didn't look bad out there, but crowning them both starting material after two games may be premature. They may have weaknesses that other teams haven't yet been able to sniff out, or couldve just been overachieving. I know it doesn't mean much, but PFF rated them pretty poorly for those games. 
Having a good rookie in the mix could allow for Boling to switch to a tackle position, while the other three duke it out for starting rights. 
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 05:09 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Why do are fans think we need guards so bad it's bizarre ,hello we got Redmond / westerman

Sure, those guys looked alright in the final two games of the season.  Keep in mind that they might have looked strong, compared to guys that had been beaten down all season long.  It's one thing to come off the bench and give a good effort, compared to winning the starting role and maintaining it all season long.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 09:25 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sure, those guys looked alright in the final two games of the season.  Keep in mind that they might have looked strong, compared to guys that had been beaten down all season long.  It's one thing to come off the bench and give a good effort, compared to winning the starting role and maintaining it all season long.

I actually think Redmond can be a high level guard in this league he made a huge step up last year and if he continues to improve this offseason with an even better coach I can see him easily taking over at RG.  Westermann is a rotational backup guy.  I just hope/wish one of these guys could play LT because the guards in this draft are so damn good.

Reply/Quote
Isaiah Wynn with a torn labrum will be getting surgery next week. They say he will be ready for camp, but I'd rather pass on him now.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 10:53 AM)Au165 Wrote: Isaiah Wynn with a torn labrum will be getting surgery next week. They say he will be ready for camp, but I'd rather pass on him now.

I’d still take him, just a round later. 4th?

Reply/Quote
I just watched a couple Hernandez game clips.... The guy is strong and bullish but he is extremely SLOWWWWW on game tape.... Looks like NFL inside speed rushers would eat him alive.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 08:02 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Those two couldn't get on the field until the last two games. They didn't look bad out there, but crowning them both starting material after two games may be premature. They may have weaknesses that other teams haven't yet been able to sniff out, or couldve just been overachieving. I know it doesn't mean much, but PFF rated them pretty poorly for those games. 
Having a good rookie in the mix could allow for Boling to switch to a tackle position, while the other three duke it out for starting rights. 
And some of you trust the coaches ?? The line was fine enough to average a high yard per carry and beat two teams fighting for the playoffs. I just don't understand the want for guards.unless they can play tackle and guard. Or center and guard.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 10:53 AM)Au165 Wrote: Isaiah Wynn with a torn labrum will be getting surgery next week. They say he will be ready for camp, but I'd rather pass on him now.

For a young athlete, the recovery on that is pretty quick.  I still like him.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Pass on him ? LMAO this is a typical pre draft surgery that guys get done in off seasons.  It will have zero effect on his career.  Keep in mind he practiced this entire week with a Labrum tear and didn't lose a single 1 on 1.  

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 12:56 PM)spazz70 Wrote: I just watched a couple Hernandez game clips.... The guy is strong and bullish but he is extremely SLOWWWWW on game tape.... Looks like NFL inside speed rushers would eat him alive.
What games specifically? His laterall agility for his size is amazing. U don't want him pulling a lot. But in a phone booth guard, there's none better. He does tend to get his footwork messed up about once maybe twice a game.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2018, 10:45 AM)Okeana Wrote: Pass on him ? LMAO this is a typical pre draft surgery that guys get done in off seasons.  It will have zero effect on his career.  Keep in mind he practiced this entire week with a Labrum tear and didn't lose a single 1 on 1.  

Torn Labrums sucks, the surgery and recovery is more painful than the injury itself. It is 8-12 weeks post surgery before you can even begin rehabbing, and it can take almost six months before you feel back to "normal" and with our history of 1st round players not contributing I am passing on pretty much anyone who is already hurt.

A lot of it depends on how serious the tear is. If it is a full re anchoring then he could be "not right" for up to a year, if it's just a slight tear then it could be nothing serious.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 09:22 AM)Au165 Wrote: Torn Labrums sucks, the surgery and recovery is more painful than the injury itself. It is 8-12 weeks post surgery before you can even begin rehabbing, and it can take almost six months before you feel back to "normal" and with our history of 1st round players not contributing I am passing on pretty much anyone who is already hurt.

A lot of it depends on how serious the tear is. If it is a full re anchoring then he could be "not right" for up to a year, if it's just a slight tear then it could be nothing serious.

Let's be realistic here.  What you're describing is sort of a "worst case scenario", type of situation.  Now, just ask yourself;  If Wynn was really in a worst case situation, do you think that he would be out there practicing and playing, attempting to improve his stock in meaningless activities?  

Personally, I don't think that the man would be jeopardizing his athletic future career, over trying to gain a few more bucks on his rookie deal.  Possible, but I just don't see it.

Your description of the injury sounds all "doom and gloom", but it's really not that way in actuality.  I'm in my late 40's, and just had my shoulder rebuilt about a year ago.  One of the four repairs done, was fixing a torn labrum.  Rehab began 10 days post surgery, I was cleared by the Physical Therapist, and given the OK to resume weight training after 12 weeks.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 09:59 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Let's be realistic here.  What you're describing is sort of a "worst case scenario", type of situation.  Now, just ask yourself;  If Wynn was really in a worst case situation, do you think that he would be out there practicing and playing, attempting to improve his stock in meaningless activities?  

Personally, I don't think that the man would be jeopardizing his athletic future career, over trying to gain a few more bucks on his rookie deal.  Possible, but I just don't see it.

Your description of the injury sounds all "doom and gloom", but it's really not that way in actuality.  I'm in my late 40's, and just had my shoulder rebuilt about a year ago.  One of the four repairs done, was fixing a torn labrum.  Rehab began 10 days post surgery, I was cleared by the Physical Therapist, and given the OK to resume weight training after 12 weeks.

I wrestled an entire year with a torn labrum in college, it's not that you can't do things it's more so you can't do them as well. As the doctor told me, "It's torn your not going to damage that anymore". As for your situation everyone is different. Mine was a complete tear and the time line put me back at 3 months but no overhead exercises for roughly 6 months. 

I am simply at the point where I don't want to draft anyone coming in that is already injured. When is the last time that actually worked out for us? Based on our history of drafting injured guys, I am approaching them all doom and gloom until further notice. There are plenty of quality lineman in this draft that won't miss rookie mini camp.
Reply/Quote