Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Most hated rivals
Pittsburgh  Pitt Sux
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
NFL: Don't care for the Steelers, Browns, or Ravens for obvious reasons.
College Football: Don't care for the team up north and Notre Dame.
MLB: Any day the Yankees,Red Sox, Cardinals or Dodgers lose is a good day.

Teams I follow
NFL: Bengals
College Football: Ohio State
MLB: Reds
Reply/Quote
There are only two teams that I have what could be considered a "hatred" for, the Steelers and 49ers, both of them for obvious reasons. Although I have taken great pleasure in the Browns' lack of success, since they were re-formed as an expansion team. When the Browns are doing anything, their fans are completely insufferable.

I really don't have any other "favorite" NFL teams, although I usually find a team or two to pull for each year, after the Bengals are out of the hunt.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Steelers
The Brown Family
49ers
Browns

The Browns (football team version) haven't been too big of a pain until recently. I do believe that they will show themselves to be just as revolting as Steelers fans if they do indeed achieve sustained success. Their fans have almost always been jackasses at games.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2019, 10:28 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I still can't wrap my head around any Bengals fan hating the Patriots.  They make Steeler fans so angry and they keep the Steelers from winning more SBs.  Every year as soon as we are out of it I'm rooting for the Steelers to NOT win the SB and the Patriots to win again so they can have more rings than the Steelers.

Just remember, every time you hate/root against the Patriots you are agreeing with Steeler fans.

I wouldn't say I'm a Pats fans, but I won't crap on them, either.  If it weren't for Bill and #12, the Steelers might have 9 rings right now.  They've almost single-handedly made a dynastic Steelers roster go home with nothing over the last several seasons (with help from the Jags one year.). I am grateful for this.
Reply/Quote
Steelers
Myself - for continuing to follow the Bengals. And yes, I have tried.
Reply/Quote
Hate: Steelers

Used to Hate: 49ers, it's faded a bit over time.

Dislike...a lot: Patriots, Browns, Ravens, Cowboys

Like: Bears, Vikings, Lions, Packers.... I've always rooted for the old NFCC

I can tolerate the Chiefs and Saints.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2019, 06:10 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Hate: Steelers

Used to Hate: 49ers, it's faded a bit over time.

Dislike...a lot: Patriots, Browns, Ravens, Cowboys

[quote pid='731067' dateline='1563052207']
Like: Bears, Vikings, Lions, Packers.... I've always rooted for the old NFCC

I can tolerate the Chiefs and Saints.
[/quote]

What?  You mean you dislike America's team?   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2019, 08:00 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Hate: Steelers, that’s it.

Like: Bears (Singletary is my all-time favorite player), Cowboys (big Emmit Smith fan growing up), Chargers (lived in San Diego for 7 years)

I still can't get past calling them the San Diego Chargers. I still think that's one of the more bizarre moves in history. Move a couple hours north to a city that just got another team, and doesn't want cha...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I don't hate any other team. However, if I had the chance to take a piss on some Pittsburgh players, I'd enjoy every second my bladder was emptying. Ninja

Reply/Quote
Just out of curiosity, why do some of you guys have the Broncos? I've noticed that a lot of Tampa fans do too, but none of them can explain why.
Reply/Quote
Hate: Steelers, Browns, Ravens, 49ers.

Like: Indy, Vikings,

Surprisingly, though Indy is only two hours from Cincinnati, we have no rivalry at all.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2019, 11:39 PM)jason Wrote: I still can't get past calling them the San Diego Chargers. I still think that's one of the more bizarre moves in history. Move a couple hours north to a city that just got another team, and doesn't want cha...

Pure greed by the Spanos family.
Reply/Quote
Hated
1) Steelers
2) Steelers
3) Steelers

Favorite
1) Bengals
2) Whomever is playing the Steelers
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2019, 12:27 AM)Earendil Wrote: Just out of curiosity, why do some of you guys have the Broncos? I've noticed that a lot of Tampa fans do too, but none of them can explain why.

Because they tried for so long to make them America's team (the NFL, sports pundits, fans, etc.) and failed, specially in this demographic/regional area.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2019, 11:29 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Because they tried for so long to make them America's team (the NFL, sports pundits, fans, etc.) and failed, specially in this demographic/regional area.

I guess I wasn't paying attention to that. I started liking them in '86 when they beat the Browns in the AFCCG. Then I lived in Colorado for almost 14 years and followed them even more.
Reply/Quote
I hate every team that isn't from Cincinnati. Of course there are those I hate somewhat less and some a lot more, but I hate them all. I'm just wired that way. I dislike all former Bengals who play for other teams whether it's from free agency, trades or whatever.. I never root for any other team's player to win unless it's against a divisional foe of the Bengals or against New England.. End of story.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote