Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Most hated rivals
Who are Top 5-7 teams you hate and who are other teams you like other than the Bengals?
Also Bengal fans we love you guys and hope you all have a great year.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2019, 04:38 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Who are Top 5-7 teams you hate and who are other teams you like other than the Bengals?

Most disliked (in order):
1) Steelers
2) Browns
3) Ravens
4) 49ers
5) Fans of teams that bash the Bengals

Other teams I (somewhat) root for:
- Vikings
- Cardinals
- Seahawks
- Saints
- Rams (since McVay came)
- Packers (I like Rodgers)
- I guess Titans now that I live there
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The only team I really long-term dislike is the Steelers. I'm from Pittsburgh and the short story is my ol' man was a big fan and local fans cheering for Bradshaw to get hurt/retire turned him into a Steeler-hater (moreso someone who just can't stand common idiocy and group-think) and I started watching football when the Boomer/Ickey Woods Bengals were beating the Steelers.

I'm much more of a Bengals fan, but I've been a casual fan of the Bears since 1990 or so since I didn't root for the local teams (Steelers and Browns) so having two teams I liked made it more likely one would be on TV. Also, the Bears and Bengals were so bad at that time that I could root for two teams and still less than 8 wins per year...ouch. I dislike the Packers in the sense that they have fans that seem to not understand that having HOF QB play for 30 years at a time isn't a common occurrence, plus while I like the Bengals/Bears an annoying number of Steelers fans sort of like the Packers, too. They always give up on the teams halfway through the years and then are back in "super fan" mode by the time they make the playoffs later that year. Argh.

I like the Patriots quite a bit because the Steelers and their fans hate them, so if I rooted against the Patriots I'd be indistinguishable from a Steelers fan...and that would just be awful. I always point out on this board that were it not for the Patriots, the Steelers would likely have 8+ SB titles right now.

I'll also put a strike against the Seahawks, mostly because I find Russel Wilson to be an OK guy in reality, but also a bit of a weird guy, and not weird in a funny way. More than that, I was annoyed at how in the past 4 or so years when they made their push and won the SB so many people around here had "totally always sort of liked the Seahawks, for serious!" The Seahawks have also been the hot team to threaten to migrate to if/when you need to leave your current team. This has died down a bit as of late, though.

Anyways, that's all I've got for now. But I'll give an honorable mention for lousy big-market teams that stink up prime-time games year after year. Before the Eagles were good it seemed like every week there was a prime-time game between two NFC West squads that were all going to be 8-8 at the end of the season. Meh.

EDIT - I also started watching the CFL last year and it's not bad.
Reply/Quote
1. Cleveland, they are the Browns.
2. Baltimore, they used to be the Browns.
3. Pittsburgh, no explanation.
4. San Francisco, took Walsh away from the Bengals and beat the Bengals two times in the Super Bowl.
5. Houston, goes back to when they were the Oilers and Glanville.
6. Tennessee, they used to be the Oilers.
7. Dallas, because NFL Films called them "Americas Team".
8. Kentucky Wilcats, their fans are obnoxious...almost as bad as Pittsburg fans.
9. Ohio State Buckeyes, see number 8.
10. New England, just jealousy is all.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2019, 04:38 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Who are Top 5-7 teams you hate and who are other teams you like other than the Bengals?

Hate, in order: Pitt, Cleveland, Baltimore, Pats, Niners
Root for: Vikings, Saints, Rams

Other sports
Fan of: Ohio State football, UC basketball, Reds
Hate: Meatchicken in all sports, Alabama football, Kentucky hoops, Cubs, Baseball Cardinals, Yankees, Florida football
Like: Duke basketball, Ohio State basketball, UC football
Reply/Quote
NFL Hate- Squeelers, 49ers, Patriots

Other sports- Nebraska football, Meatchicken Skunkbears, Duke BB, Alabama FB, NY Yankees, any Florida school, most California schools, Texas schools (except TCU)

Teams I like other than the Bengals- huge Norte Dame fan, Iowa Hawkeyes, Tennessee Vols,
MLB- Cubs and Orioles
NFL- Vikings, Cards, Lions, anyone who plays the Patriots and Steelers
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote

I don't hate 5-7 teams. I hate one, the Steelers because of their fans being so arrogant.

I like the Packers in the NFC.

I respect the Patriots, no other NFL team including the Bengals gets my respect.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Hate: Steelers, that’s it.

Like: Bears (Singletary is my all-time favorite player), Cowboys (big Emmit Smith fan growing up), Chargers (lived in San Diego for 7 years)
Reply/Quote
I hate the Packers because they have weird fans that post on a Bengals message board for some unknown reason... :P

But in all seriousness, I only HATE the Steelers, and only truly care about the Bengals. Indifferent to the other 30 teams.

Reply/Quote
Hate the Steelers all day long. Next would be Browns.

Really dislike Patriots, Texans, Green Bay, Raiders, SF, Jets and Redskins.

Love my Bengals.

Like Cowboys, Vikings, Chiefs and Broncos.

It’s never real tough for me to find Sunday’s fun after a Bengal game or even a bye week.

Reply/Quote
Hate:

Steelers. Their fans are the worst, in every way. Arrogant, nasty, and a bunch of local band wagon pricks. Come in to other stadiums with mouths running from the start.

Browns: Modell, Mayfield; fans nearly as bad as Steelers. And those fans, after 20 years of dismal failure, are suddenly arrogant.

New York Giants. They think they're all that, and they suck.

Jacksonville. Jaylen Ramsey.

Like:

Bears. Love the city.

Redskins: Gruden, now Haskins. In division with hated Giants.

Dallas: Zeke Elliott, Jason Witten. Giant killers.

LOVE: Only one. The Bengals.
Reply/Quote
HATE: (In all caps) steelers.

Dislike: Patriots, Panthers (not a fan of Cam), Ravens, Broncos, 49ers, and Jags

Like: Browns (I know, I know...), Saints, Colts, Vikes, Jets, Bills, and Chiefs

LOVE: Bengals
Reply/Quote
The older I get the sillier it seems to "hate" a team of high-priced free agents who come and go as the wind and dollars blow. The guy I hate on another team today could be on my team tomorrow. And, a lot of times, if we're being honest with ourselves, that hate is simply jealousy that we don't posses a certain player or the success another team has. So, I'm careful about using the word to describe my feeling toward a team.

Now, fans? Perhaps that's a different story. Pittsburgh and Cleveland are simply obnoxious. At least the Steeler fans have had success, which makes the Browns fans all the more annoying. And, as a Lions fan, I've personally witnessed the loud-mouthed drunken idiots that populate the Packers (present company excepted, of course) and Bears fanbases. It always makes me laugh when people on here say what great fans those teams have. Yeah, you think that because they're not in our division. If they were, you'd be singing a different tune. I'm sure Falcons and Rams fans think that Steeler fans are a buncha great guys to tailgate with. It's a strange dynamic.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Hate: the Steelers and Baker Mayfield.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I still can't wrap my head around any Bengals fan hating the Patriots. They make Steeler fans so angry and they keep the Steelers from winning more SBs. Every year as soon as we are out of it I'm rooting for the Steelers to NOT win the SB and the Patriots to win again so they can have more rings than the Steelers.

Just remember, every time you hate/root against the Patriots you are agreeing with Steeler fans.
Reply/Quote
OK, I'll take a shot at this ...

NFL Hate: Squealers, 69ers, Pats (except when they're playing the Squealers)

CFB Hate: Notre Dame

Other Sports teams I always root for: UC, Ohio State, XU

Just all me a homer, I guess, even though I haven't lived in Cincy in almost 7 years.
Reply/Quote
Don't like to get moped by any team so the Squeelers get top spot. Then the rest of the division foes in no particular order, but browns because they would are as dirty as the Squeelers.

Then the perennial teams I see at sports shops full of their ugly merchandise like the niners, packers, dallas and broncos at least in this region. I still haven't forgiven the niners for taking 1 super bowl away in the last 2:00.

Teams I like are usually underdogs or on the other conference like the lions, vikings and cardinals.
AFC teams I can affiliate with are the chiefs and bills. The patriots are truly amazing what they have going, although they do cheat heavily too. I remember watching the on TV when bledsoe went down and brady played the remainder of the game. 15? yrs later he's still at it. Not too shabby.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2019, 10:28 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I still can't wrap my head around any Bengals fan hating the Patriots.  They make Steeler fans so angry and they keep the Steelers from winning more SBs.  Every year as soon as we are out of it I'm rooting for the Steelers to NOT win the SB and the Patriots to win again so they can have more rings than the Steelers.

Just remember, every time you hate/root against the Patriots you are agreeing with Steeler fans.

Finally someone gets it. I may be the biggest Tom Brady fan outside of New England. No Tom Brady, and the Steelers probably have 8-9 Super Bowl wins. 
Reply/Quote
Hate: Steelers, Browns even though I give their fans credit for sticking with them (like us true Bengal fans), 49'ers and anyone playing the Bengals

Like: Giants, Packers, Panthers and anyone playing the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
Hate

1 steelers
2 steeler
3 steelers
4 steelers
5 steelers practice squad

Teams I pull for beside the Bengals are ............

Reds and all UofL sports teams and their former players.

Pull for the Louisville players to do well in NFL, but not necessarily their NFL teams.

Sticking with the Bengals and whoever is playing the steelers for NFL teams I love. .

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote