• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most impressive AFCN teams Week 1
(09-15-2015, 11:01 AM)GMDino Wrote: Brady had four TDs in week one:

16 yards.
6 yards.
1 yard.
1 yard.

:snark:

If the steelers had a secondary the patriots wouldnt have always been on their 1 yd line.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 10:15 AM)GMDino Wrote: I disagree that it wasn't "close".

Woulda/coulda/shoulda...two missed field goals and dropped, wide open TD pass.  The offense did OK without Bell.  The "D" had a couple blown coverages but Brady will pick you apart no matter what.

Not to say the Steelers were going to win but it was close.

It was close in a sense, but so was the Packers @ Bears game and I doubt Packers fans were sweating at all.  It's one thing to be behind by a score, but another when you are behind by a score to a team that gets the better of you the vast majority of the time.  Both cases the Bears and Steelers would claw their way down the field for a score and then the Packers and Patriots would score in no time without much effort.  Rinse and repeat until Cutler and Ben threw crippling INTs on what COULDA BEEN the game-tying drive and you have a "close game" that we've seen before.

Perhaps I'm misremembering the past, but it seemed like winning the game with a final drive was one of Big Ben's trademarks (I used to get so annoyed as Steeler fans would cry "poor us" when I knew damn well they were going to win in the end), but it seems like the late-game heroics aren't quite what they used to be.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:03 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: In defense of the Colts, that Bills defense is pretty good. It's a Rex Ryan defense and they tend to be pretty good. They stopped the run and made the Colts 1 dimensional. But it's still no excuse. The Colts got their butts handed to them and they deserved it.

Congrats to the Bengals. I saw a little bit of that game near the end of the 1st half. Bengals had a shutout going. Nice defense.

Oh I know...  We saw them in 2013.  I think the final was Bengals 136  Jets 6.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
So who's the least impressive team through 2 weeks? Ninja
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:35 PM)E.A. Poe Wrote: LOL! Beats the Raiders....the Raiders!...and thinks they're going to the SB! What a hoot.

(09-14-2015, 12:22 AM)Synric Wrote: I understand the argument "The Raiders" but it wasn't that they beat the Raiders it was HOW they beat the Raiders. Downplaying what they did is foolish.

Bump...nothing else needs to be said...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:35 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: So who's the least impressive team through 2 weeks? Ninja

Ravens easily. They're 0-2. If their week 1 defense shows up the rest of the season and their week 2 offense shows up, they'll make a run.

But... that's a number of "ifs", so time will tell.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:38 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Ravens easily. They're 0-2. If their week 1 defense shows up the rest of the season and their week 2 offense shows up, they'll make a run.

IF their week 1 offense and their week 2 defense shows up, they could still make a run....

....at the first pick in the draft.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:38 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Ravens easily. They're 0-2. If their week 1 defense shows up the rest of the season and their week 2 offense shows up, they'll make a run.

Denver won't have that great of an offense this year. Just going to be an alright offense. That defense is going to be better than their offense.
Reply/Quote
Damn, that secondary couldn't cover a turd with a backhoe.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:41 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote:  
IF their week 1 offense and their week 2 defense shows up, they could still make a run....

....at the first pick in the draft.

HA. I'm hoping the Flacco that we saw today is what we will see the rest of the season. Besides missing that go ahead TD on the last scoring Ravens drive (which was 50% Flacco lobbing when he didn't need to, and 50% Steve not getting his foot down on a play he makes all the time), Steve Smith looked good. They need a clear #2 to step up. Gillmore looked pretty good with those two TDs, but it seems like Oakland has an issue covering TE so far this season, so who knows.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 10:53 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: If the Ravens don't win by double digits, I'll be disappointed and consider it time to question the team.

Are you questioning them yet?

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:58 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: HA. I'm hoping the Flacco that we saw today is what we will see the rest of the season. Besides missing that go ahead TD on the last scoring Ravens drive (which was 50% Flacco lobbing when he didn't need to, and 50% Steve not getting his foot down on a play he makes all the time), Steve Smith looked good. They need a clear #2 to step up. Gillmore looked pretty good with those two TDs, but it seems like Oakland has an issue covering TE so far this season, so who knows.

Gillmore did look good, but his first name is Crockett, so he should automatically be shoved to the bottom of the depth chart.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:25 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Gillmore did look good, but his first name is Crockett, so he should automatically be shoved to the bottom of the depth chart.

Crocket Gillmore is the most TE name that ever Tight Ended. 

(09-20-2015, 09:19 PM)Bryan Wrote: Are you questioning them yet?

I think it's safe to say my posts have adequately questioned this team's ability. 

Reply/Quote