Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most impressive AFCN teams Week 1
(09-13-2015, 08:35 PM)Bengaldor Wrote: 1. Bengals:  Tromped the Raiders.  Yes, I know it is the Raiders but they played a well rounded game on both sides of the ball.
2. Steelers:  Lost to the Patriots*.  Who knows what was really going on behind the scenes in New England aside from the Steeler's porous defense.
3. Ravens:  Elite/Not Elite Flacco 18/32, 117 yards and two INTs, LOL.
4. Browns: No need to really say anything here. The Browns speak for themselves.  

End result:

Bengals 1-0
All other AFCN teams 0-1

Bonus for our forum attention seeker and his "girl", Colts get beat by the Bills.   Tongue

Can't argue with that ranking.
Steelers did way better that I anticipated. That porous D allowed less passing and rushing yards than the Pats D did....the problem was that the Pats have a player named Gronk.

If he isn't already, he's going to go down as being the best TE ever to play the game IMO. 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:49 PM)Blutarsky Wrote: If he isn't already, he's going to go down as being the best TE ever to play the game IMO. 

As long as he does not murder anyone. Then again it seemed to work out for Ray Lewis.  Wink

All joking aside Gronk is a great player.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:49 PM)Blutarsky Wrote: Can't argue with that ranking.
Steelers did way better that I anticipated. That porous D allowed less passing and rushing yards than the Pats D did....the problem was that the Pats have a player named Gronk.

If he isn't already, he's going to go down as being the best TE ever to play the game IMO. 

Tony Gonzalez might take issue with that particular statement. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ravens went into one of the hardest places to play and were a dropped TD away from winning. Their defense held manning to 175 yards and a pick.

I'd say that's pretty impressive. Flaccos 2nd pick came after Smith dropped the game winning TD and on a play where the defender probably should have gotten a flag.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:19 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Ravens went into one of the hardest places to play and were a dropped TD away from winning. Their defense held manning to 175 yards and a pick.

I'd say that's pretty impressive. Flaccos 2nd pick came after Smith dropped the game winning TD and on a play where the defender probably should have gotten a flag.

Still 3rd best in the AFCN this week, sorry.   Should have, could have, would have does not mean a win.  Flacco sucked eggs, you cannot deny that.  Until the 4th quarter I think last I checked he had 84 yards. LOL

Heck look at the ratings. Two of the last 4 went out early due to injury but Flacco is right there with them. Haha

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=1&statisticPositionCategory=QUARTERBACK
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:25 PM)Bengaldor Wrote: Still 3rd best in the AFCN this week, sorry.   Should have, could have, would have does not mean a win.  Flacco sucked eggs, you cannot deny that.  Until the 4th quarter I think last I checked he had 84 yards.  LOL

Ravens holding the Broncos offense to 4 FGs is less impressive than the Steelers giving up 4 TDs to Brady?

Lol, I remember my first beer.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:32 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Ravens holding the Broncos offense to 4 FGs is less impressive than the Steelers giving up 4 TDs to Brady?

The Broncos are far from the team they used to be.  However if it makes you feel better, good job.  The Ravens held a team lead by an aging QB on the last few years of his career with questionable receivers at best to 4 FGs and still lost.  Good job.  I change my stance.  The Ravens should be the most impressive AFCN team this week with Flacco as player of the week.  Wink
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:37 PM)Bengaldor Wrote: The Broncos are far from the team they used to be.  However if it makes you feel better, good job.  The Ravens held a team lead by an aging QB on the last few years of his career with questionable receivers at best to 4 FGs.  Good job.  I change my stance.  The Ravens should be the most impressive AFCN team this week.  Wink

Think what you want, but I'll still ridicule stupid posts when I see them. At least pretend like you understand the sport.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:40 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Think what you want, but I'll still ridicule stupid posts when I see them. At least pretend like you understand the sport.

In other words "ouch" I can't really debate that so I'll try to insult this guy by saying he does no know anything about football. Fact, Flacco and the Ravens offense sucked nuts.  Fact the Ravens stopped Peyton and still lost because Flacco and the Ravens offense sucked nuts.  Fact the Ravens sucked nuts this week and lost the game. When your eleite QB that played the entire game is ranked among QBs that got knocked out in the first half due to injury you can not really argue that.  

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=1&statisticPositionCategory=QUARTERBACK

Sorry for your loss.   :)
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:37 PM)Beaker Wrote: You get the same team next week at your place. 

Well, we certainly know who's in charge of the friggen obvious around here!
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:44 PM)Bengaldor Wrote: In other words "ouch" I can't really debate that so I'll try to insult this guy by saying he does no know anything about football. Fact, Flacco and the Ravens offense sucked nuts.  Fact the Ravens stopped Peyton and still lost because Flacco and the Ravens offense sucked nuts.  Fact the Ravens sucked nuts this week and lost the game. When your QB that played the entire game is ranked among QBs that got knocked out in the first half due to injury you can not really argue that.  Sorry for your loss.   :)

Debate? I explained that holding Manning to 4 FGs was more impressive than allowing 4 TDS from Brady.

You responded with snark. Yea, I'm the one with an issue "debating".

If you're basing it on Flacco's numbers alone, that's both silly and shows a lack on understanding the game. Peyton had 175 yards. That's worst than Winston, Mariota, and Tyrod Taylor. I guess that means the Broncos offense is worse than theirs... Lol

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:00 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Debate? I explained that holding Manning to 4 FGs was more impressive than allowing 4 TDS from Brady.

You responded with snark. Yea, I'm the one with an issue "debating".

If you're basing it on Flacco's numbers alone, that's both silly and shows a lack on understanding the game. Peyton had 175 yards. That's worst than Winston, Mariota, and Tyrod Taylor. I guess that means the Broncos offense is worse than theirs... Lol

No it means that the Ravens lost.  Defense does not always win games as you learned.  End of story.  I'm changing the Ravens position from 3rd to 4th this week because you are tool crying about not winning to a shitty offense that you yourself claim was terrible this week. Yes this week the Broncos offense was worse than many other teams but also the Ravens were worse. Terribly worse.

1. Bengals
2. Steelers
3. Browns
4. Ravens 

See you next week. :)
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:05 PM)Bengaldor Wrote: ive been exposed as a jungle noober who doesn't know much about football, so I'm just going to call you a tool and suggest that the 4th best offense from last season is "shitty".

cool story kid, run back to jungle noise, now.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:32 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Ravens holding the Broncos offense to 4 FGs is less impressive than the Steelers giving up 4 TDs to Brady?

It is less impressive. Manning is a fossil and ever since the last 6 games of last season, and continuing today, he is a shell of his former self. I would be surprised if he played next season.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:10 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: cool story kid, run back to jungle noise, now.

That's fun that you make shit up that I didn't say and alter a quote.  I guess you have nothing better to say. Maybe you and Brad should hang out because you seem to be stooping to his level of ignorance.  You seem really mad to do such a thing as make a false quote.  I guess this is what makes smack talk fun because you stooped to low brow bullshit so I obviously got under your skin and won this round. Also 4th best offense from LAST YEAR from your false quote. This is not last year. It does no good to live in the past like Steelers fans do.  HAHA.  Have a nice night. 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:14 PM)Beaker Wrote: It is less impressive. Manning is a fossil and ever since the last 6 games of last season, and continuing today, he is a shell of his former self. I would be surprised if he played next season.

^^ this. everyone knows this is peyton's last year. to even expect the broncos to make the playoffs this year is imho a far cry from reality. losing suggs will also not help the ravens cause much.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:16 PM)Bengaldor Wrote: That's fun that you make shit up that I didn't say and alter a quote.  I guess you have nothing better to say. Maybe you and Brad should hang out because you seem to be stooping to his level of ignorance.  You seem really mad to do such a thing as make a false quote.  I guess this is what makes smack talk fun because you stooped to low brow bullshit so I obviously got under your skin and won this round. Also 4th best offense from LAST YEAR from your false quote.  This is not last year.  It does no good to live in the past like Steelers fans do.   HAHA.  Have a nice night. 

Im sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:44 PM)Bengaldor Wrote: In other words "ouch" I can't really debate that so I'll try to insult this guy by saying he does no know anything about football.
In other words he's calling it like he's sees it.

(09-13-2015, 10:44 PM)Bengaldor Wrote: Fact, Flacco and the Ravens offense sucked nuts. Fact the Ravens stopped Peyton and still lost because Flacco and the Ravens offense sucked nuts. Fact the Ravens sucked nuts this week and lost the game.

Defense was great. Looked like it will be one of the best this year. The offense struggled. But give credit where credit is due. The Broncos Defense played great and is one of the best Ds in the league. Yep they lost....you're stating the obvious. You must be a genius.

(09-13-2015, 10:44 PM)Bengaldor Wrote: When your eleite QB that played the entire game is ranked among QBs that got knocked out in the first half due to injury you can not really argue that.
Posting stat but didn't watch the game makes you look foolish.

Guess what QB posted 351 yards 68% completion rate 95 rating AND LOSS?

Neither Ravens or Broncos Offense played well in a good Defensive game. But given the circumstances it wasn't what you try to make it out to be.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:22 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Im sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Trust me you didn't.  I just had a great laugh with your false quote to try to discredit me.  It made you look like a total idiot and an angry kid that can't continue a conversation without low brow crap.  Hey, your team lost.  Oh yeah well you said I like to eat dog poo, see I even quoted it.  Grow the F up.  
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:14 PM)Beaker Wrote: It is less impressive. Manning is a fossil and ever since the last 6 games of last season, and continuing today, he is a shell of his former self. I would be surprised if he played next season.

Explain how giving up 4 TDs to anyone is more impressive than only allowing 4 FGs from any offense.

Add in the fact that the Ravens final drive actually mattered, and I'm not even sure how you make that argument. The Steelers scored a TD w 2 seconds left in garbage time to prevent a blowout and that's it. Unless we're talking about how they screwed the entire gambling world, nothing about that game was impressive for them.

You're not some emotional nobody from jungle noise so I know you can actually defend yourself. Explain it to me.

Reply/Quote