Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most impressive AFCN teams Week 1
(09-14-2015, 12:45 AM)Bengaldor Wrote: Oh wait....  You prefer to hang out on a rival team's board and talk shit instead because it makes you feel good about yourself.   Haha.  

The biggest word in this guys vocabulary. Haha
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:45 AM)Bengaldor Wrote: Maybe you should go to the Ravens board and talk about how the Ravens rock because they held the Broncos to 19 points but still lost.  

Typical JN noob reply when they don't understand how smack talk section works. Rock On
Reply/Quote
No matter the anger in this thread, I plan to post a most impressive AFCN thread for every week and I will give credit where credit is due no matter the team. We will let each team's fan battle it out from there. :)
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:18 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: All this says is that in game one....Ravens offense sucks and Steelers Defense sucks.

Steelers also gave up 361 yards and more points. Ravens held Broncos O to 219

But then aren't you're missing the point of the thread topic of "most impressive"? Of the 3 teams that lost, we are looking at which team impressed the most.

Forget the browns. They are right were they belong...impressed in no way shape or form.

I think a neutral observer would come away from the Ravens game feeling like the Ravens just plain sucked. I don't think he would have the same opinion of the Steelers after watching them move the ball up and down the field at will against the champs, besides, the Steelers D aren't the first victims of Gronk/Brady.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:58 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Typical JN noob reply when they don't understand how smack talk section works.  Rock On

You know me from last year in smack talk on the old board.  But if it makes you feel better call me that.  I don't mind.  The Ravens still sucked today no matter what you call me and nothing will change that.  I may be a JN noob as you say but the Ravens are still 0-1 and nothing you say can change that . It is rather funny to watch you and Pat have your heads explode all over the forum due to a week one game the Ravens lost. It must be frightening knowing the Ravens are in a battle for 4th place in the division with the Browns. See this is how smack works. :)
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:58 AM)Bengaldor Wrote: No matter the anger in this thread, I plan to post a most impressive AFCN thread for every week and I will give credit where credit is due no matter the team.  We will let each team's fan battle it out from there.  :)

Maybe next week you'll be the one having to search for a moral victory after the bengals lose. ThumbsUp

That's what this thread is kinda about. Call it the "moral victory thread" next time.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 01:00 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: But then aren't you're missing the point of the thread topic of "most impressive"? Of the 3 teams that lost, we are looking at which team impressed the most.

Forget the browns. They are right were they belong...impressed in no way shape or form.

I think a neutral observer would come away from the Ravens game feeling like the Ravens just plain sucked. I don't think he would have the same opinion of the Steelers after watching them move the ball up and down the field at will against the champs, besides, the Steelers D aren't he first victims of Gronk/Brady.

I understand from that perspective.
Like I said Steelers Offense is great. One of the best in the league. But the D is questionable. Yes they moved the ball up and down the field. But the game consist of offense AND Defense.
Steelers faced Grink/Brady
Ravens faced Manning/Thomas and Broncos D > Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:44 PM)Bengaldor Wrote: This is the smack forum.  For those like you that are intellectually challenged the idea is to talk trash and smack towards other teams.  No one said anything about winning the Super Bowl.  However, your team sucked a huge one this week and my team didn't.  See that is smack.  Come back when the Bengals step all over the Ravens this season. I'll be waiting.   But as I recall last year you vanished after the Ravens lost to the Bengals.  So I do not expect much from you than the usual garbage.

Twice
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 11:44 PM)Bryan Wrote: Not to interfere in your argument, but even if the Steelers didn't score that garbage time TD they would've ended the game with more points than the Ravens did.

And? Is losing 14-28 more impressive than losing 13-19?

Maybe I should rephrase it: "is getting blown out more impressive than losing on the final drive on the opponents 20 while down by less than a score?"

I sounds bad arguing over which loss was better, but my point has always been that the defense actually looked impressive. How many teams can say they didn't let manning score a TD in his own house?

Cue the "Manning is done" comments
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 01:02 AM)Bengaldor Wrote: we played the Raiders and the Steelers and Ravens had to go on the road against the Pats and Broncos lol, were one game ahead now!

That's actually awful smack. You played the raiders while the Steelers and Ravens started their season on the road against two of the best teams. There's a reason why every other bengals fan is smacking how Flacco played and not the fact that the Bengals had a far easier opening opponent.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 06:52 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: And? Is losing 14-28 more impressive than losing 13-19?

Maybe I should rephrase it: "is getting blown out more impressive than losing on the final drive on the opponents 20 while down by less than a score?"

I sounds bad arguing over which loss was better, but my point has always been that the defense actually looked impressive. How many teams can say they didn't let manning score a TD in his own house?

Cue the "Manning is done" comments

So you're still hung up on it being a blowout. The Browns got blown out, the Raiders got blown out. The Steelers lost. It was 21-14 in the fourth dude.

Besides, there are garbage time TD's and there are garbage time TD's. Brown was covered like a sheet and caught a perfectly thrown ball.
28-21 isn't a blowout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bEiPyU6AaQ

Oh, and Manning is done.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 09:24 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: So you're still hung up on it being a blowout. The Browns got blown out, the Raiders got blown out. The Steelers lost. It was 21-14 in the fourth dude.

Besides, there are garbage time TD's and there are garbage time TD's. Brown was covered like a sheet and caught a perfectly thrown ball.
28-21 isn't a blowout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bEiPyU6AaQ

Oh, and Manning is done.

28-14 with no time left is a blow out. Brown caught that TD with 2 seconds left.

The game wasn't close.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 10:13 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: 28-14 with no time left is a blow out. Brown caught that TD with 2 seconds left.

The game wasn't close.

I disagree that it wasn't "close".

Woulda/coulda/shoulda...two missed field goals and dropped, wide open TD pass.  The offense did OK without Bell.  The "D" had a couple blown coverages but Brady will pick you apart no matter what.

Not to say the Steelers were going to win but it was close.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 12:15 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Pat broke it down for you. Even posted how Dever was held to 4 FGs.  Held one of the greatest to 175 yards. He didn't say the O was on fire. But they did enough to have a chance to win it in the final mins.

All you could say in about 5 paragraphs is Shit...shit...shit....and Shit again.

I get it. It's smack talk. But all that's coming out your mouth is shit.
How many times are you going to say shit b
Shit man. Lol

Manning is one of the greatest. Ali and Frazier were also one of the greatest a long time ago in the boxing world.

But then they made the mistake of believing they were still one of the greatest and got the crap kicked out of them late in their careers.

Manning is not great anymore, the ship has sailed and he is not a great NFL QB in 2015.

Maybe I am wrong, but I see KC on Thursday proving I am right as he goes back to back games being embarrassed (for him) by average to good QB play. I said with Ali and Frazier as well, retire on top, don't make you last memories bad ones for all of the fans.

Manning and Flacco were lucky they had great defenses yesterday, if not either one could have lost by 30 points as that was how bad they looked offensively. Denver has a very good defense, but just watch KC will play a lot better than the Ravens and not allow them to look elite Thursday.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 06:59 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: That's actually awful smack. You played the raiders while the Steelers and Ravens started their season on the road against two of the best teams. There's a reason why every other bengals fan is smacking how Flacco played and not the fact that the Bengals had a far easier opening opponent.

Let's see if the Ravens go into Oakland and are up 33-0 before they call off the dogs and put in their second string.

The Bengals gave up 241 yards total with most coming in garbage time against our back ups on defense. We will find out soon enough if Ravens can dominate them as well.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 10:15 AM)GMDino Wrote: I disagree that it wasn't "close".

Woulda/coulda/shoulda...two missed field goals and dropped, wide open TD pass.  The offense did OK without Bell.  The "D" had a couple blown coverages but Brady will pick you apart no matter what.

Not to say the Steelers were going to win but it was close.

There are a lot of games that were close going INTO the 4th quarter. But on that final drive, was it close?

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 10:35 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Let's see if the Ravens go into Oakland and are up 33-0 before they call off the dogs and put in their second string.

The Bengals gave up 241 yards total with most coming in garbage time against our back ups on defense. We will find out soon enough if Ravens can dominate them as well.

If the Ravens don't win by double digits, I'll be disappointed and consider it time to question the team.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 10:29 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Manning is not great anymore, the ship has sailed and he is not a good NFL QB in 2015.

I predict that you will eat these words by the end of the year.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 10:52 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: There are a lot of games that were close going INTO the 4th quarter. But on that final drive, was it close?

Overall play wise I'd say it was.  The score wasn't I suppose.  Two touchdowns is two touchdowns.  Those are hard to overcome.  Unless its the Patriots against the Ravens in the playoffs.  Mellow

I didn't see most of the 4th quarter so I can't speak to the Steelers play then.  But if not for some early miscues that might be a different game and "closer" than it ended up.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 10:52 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: There are a lot of games that were close going INTO the 4th quarter. But on that final drive, was it close?

You're just acting like a child now.
So you think the Steelers were blown out like the Browns and Raiders were blown out? Keep telling yourself that. I'm done.
Reply/Quote