Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most penalties on OL - Alex Redmond
Alex Redmond, who has played just 3 games, is now leading the OL in penalties.

games started in parentheses
Redmond (3) - 4 (2 holding, 2 false start)
Bobby Hart (6) - 2 (2 false start)
Trey Hopkins (6) - 2 (1 holding, 1 false start) *one of these was declined/offsetting
Fred Johnson (2) - 2 (1 holding, 1 false start)
Billy Price (0) - 2 (1 holding, 1 false start)
Michael Jordan (6) - 1 (1 false start)
Jonah Williams (6) - 1 (1 holding)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That's been his M.O. from the beginning. Then add in the fact that he's a very marginal starter at best and he's just not worth fooling with.

We have two (decent) starters. The rest, that we've seen any of, aren't even backups.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 10:04 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That's been his M.O. from the beginning. Then add in the fact that he's a very marginal starter at best and he's just not worth fooling with.

We have two (decent) starters. The rest, that we've seen any of, aren't even backups.

Yep.
He had 11 back when he was the full-time starter in 2018.
He's on pace to eclipse 15 if he starts the rest of this year.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Funny how a couple on this board actually.think Redmond is a quality starter.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 09:56 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Alex Redmond, who has played just 3 games, is now leading the OL in penalties.

Trey Hopkins (6) - 2 (1 holding, 1 false start) *one of these was declined/offsetting
Absolutely NOTHING NEW, 2-3 seasons ago Redmond and Hart were known busts. It will not get better.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 10:30 AM)impactplaya Wrote: Funny how a couple on this board actually.think Redmond is a quality starter.

Who thinks Redmond is a quality starter? He's just better than anyone else currently on the team.
Reply/Quote
He’s bad ya. However, he wasnt in the top 5 reasons we lost yesterday surprisingly.
Reply/Quote
Seems like he always commits these penalties when they have a really good drive going and have created some momentum.Two drive killing machines on the right side of the line.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 11:05 AM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Seems like he always commits these penalties when they have a really good drive going and have created some momentum.Two drive killing machines on the right side of the line.

There's never a good time for a penalty but I know what you mean. We've had 3 three and outs in a row and then finally put a couple 1st downs together and whistle, false start RG and here comes another punt.

One step forward and two steps back.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 11:01 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Who thinks Redmond is a quality starter? He's just better than anyone else currently on the team.

Agreed. 
He's better than Johnson and Price when it comes to RG.
We haven't seen Adeniji yet. He's only had 3 snaps, all of which came the first two games.
One has to imagine XSF will take Redmond's spot once he's back from IR.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The season is lost. I dont understand why they don’t just plug in Adeniji and get him game experience. See what we have in him.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 09:56 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Alex Redmond, who has played just 3 games, is now leading the OL in penalties.

This is a tiny bit misleading as the holding penalty against Redmond in the Ravens game for holding was total BS, he simply got downfield and bull rushed a guy over. Not defending Redmond as he is penalty prone but he really should only have 3 penalties. Also I know Sample isn't considered OL but he was drafted to be block and I'm curious how many penalties he has, feel like I've heard the number 89 called a few times this season but I may be wrong.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 11:53 AM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: This is a tiny bit misleading as the holding penalty against Redmond in the Ravens game for holding was total BS, he simply got downfield and bull rushed a guy over. Not defending Redmond as he is penalty prone but he really should only have 3 penalties. Also I know Sample isn't considered OL but he was drafted to be block and I'm curious how many penalties he has, feel like I've heard the number 89 called a few times this season but I may be wrong.

Not true. He grabbed the guy inside the shoulder pads and dragged him down with him. That’s a hold.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 12:06 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Not true. He grabbed the guy inside the shoulder pads and dragged him down with him. That’s a hold.

He did not; he trucked the guy and did not grab a single part of him.

Captain Obvious or Blake Jewell or someone showed the gif from upfield on Twitter (may have been all-22, not sure, but it was from the side, so it was clear as day) and he didn't grab the defender in the slightest.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Even with the penalties Alex Redmond is still a better option than Billy Price and Fred Johnson.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 12:06 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Not true. He grabbed the guy inside the shoulder pads and dragged him down with him. That’s a hold.

No he didn't, rewatch it.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
I don't know Redmond, he might be a very intelligent person for all I know, but every time I see him it think "Extremely strong booger eater".....

[Image: j1azxvwd2zegdbb7hnqh.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 11:10 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: There's never a good time for a penalty but I know what you mean. We've had 3 three and outs in a row and then finally put a couple 1st downs together and whistle, false start RG and here comes another punt.

One step forward and two steps back.

That Bobby Hart false start backed up on the half yard line was a good time for a penalty. Only cost us quarter of a yard and maybe on another day tempts a Colt to jump offside.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 12:15 PM)Synric Wrote: Even with the penalties Alex Redmond is still a better option than Billy Price and Fred Johnson.

Which shows how bad Price and Johnson truly are.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 11:44 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: The season is lost. I dont understand why they don’t just plug in Adeniji and get him game experience. See what we have in him.

Because we don't need Burrow to get killed back there.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote