Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Most watched early AFC divisional game ever
Up to 45 million viewers saw Cincinnati destroy the Bills. The average viewership was 38.9 million viewers. This was the most watched early game ever for the AFC divisional round and the most streamed ever for CBS/Paramount +. Who says people won't watch small-market teams other than the Packers? The Bengals have been drawing great viewership all season. Maybe next season we can play our full compliment of primetime games at home instead of at division opponents on the road

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Yep that’s two of the smallest markets.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good stuff. A lot of star power in this game. I had friends from all over the country texting me yesterday. A couple of them I hadn't heard from in a long time until that game lol. That was quality football, and the Bengals truly shocked the world.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:57 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Good stuff. A lot of star power in this game. I had friends from all over the country texting me yesterday. A couple of them I hadn't heard from in a long time until that game lol. That was quality football, and the Bengals truly shocked the world.

Probably a lot of people had heard rumblings of Cincy being good, but were taking it with a grain of salt. Tuned in to see Buffalo beat us. Instead, they got to see the Bills taken apart in every facet of the game, in their stadium, in their snow. If the Bills aren't used to playing in the snow at Highmark, who would be?
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 09:36 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Probably a lot of people had heard rumblings of Cincy being good, but were taking it with a grain of salt. Tuned in to see Buffalo beat us. Instead, they got to see the Bills taken apart in every facet of the game, in their stadium, in their snow. If the Bills aren't used to playing in the snow at Highmark, who would be?

Th team that regularly practices outside in all sorts of weathe was prepared for snow and slippery conditions

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I actually thought the game would be close like last years Divisional playoff game between Buffalo and KC. Cincinnati kicked their tail.
Reply/Quote
As the most watched Divisional Playoff matchup in history. Topping out at nearly 45M viewers.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bengals-vs-bills-set-nfl-record-for-most-watched-afc-divisional-round-playoff-game/ar-AA16G7AA?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=ada76f683b7e4478ab80c8c9d3b863a2

Quote:The Cincinnati Bengals and Buffalo Bills battled in a snow-filled AFC Divisional Playoff Game Sunday. In Buffalo at Highmark Stadium, the stars were out and about as Josh Allen, Joe Burrow, Stefon Diggs, and Ja’Marr Chase all suited up.

Bengals vs. Bills set NFL record for most-watched AFC Divisional Round Playoff Game

The Bengals bested the Bills 27-10, and it was in front of a record-setting audience on CBS Sports. It reportedly peaked at almost 45 million views.

The nice part of this is that neither is considered a big market with Buffalo and Cincinnati dwindling in size compared to cities like New York and Los Angeles. However, the teams have likable stars, and it was two of arguably the five best teams in the league going head-to-head.

With the Bengals’ star of the day really being Joe Mixon, many Americans got a first-hand look at just how dominant this team can be when their running game is clicking. The entire team clicked Sunday, and hopefully, that is repeated this coming week in a rematch of the 2021-22 AFC Championship Game vs. the Kansas City Chiefs.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
"Better send those refunds"

Joe cool is catching on Joe
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 10:31 AM)packerbacker Wrote: I actually thought the game would be close like last years Divisional playoff game between Buffalo and KC. Cincinnati kicked their tail.

Yup

The score doesn't really even reflect how much of a curb stomping it was.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:57 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Good stuff. A lot of star power in this game. I had friends from all over the country texting me yesterday. A couple of them I hadn't heard from in a long time until that game lol. That was quality football, and the Bengals truly shocked the world.

Huge game anyways, star power and lots of narrative, also, with the Hamlin story and also him being in attendance.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:48 PM)pally Wrote: Up to 45 million viewers saw Cincinnati destroy the Bills.  The average viewership was 38.9 million viewers.    This was the most watched early game ever for the AFC divisional round and the most streamed ever for CBS/Paramount +.  Who says people won't watch small-market teams other than the Packers?  The Bengals have been drawing great viewership all season.  Maybe next season we can play our full compliment of primetime games at home instead of at division opponents on the road

I wonder if Captain Assbag (Goodell, for those that haven't seen me refer to him as that 1000 times already) realizes that the BENGALS have a GROWING, GLOBAL, FANBASE.  They are a cool team that is fun to watch.  Not obnoxious.  The world loves an underdog and the constant crapping on them has them wearing that moniker, like it or not.

Maybe if the NFL realized there is more to the NFL than Jazz Bath and cantaloup boy, they will gain even more interest from all over.  The Bengals are THAT TEAM.  People LOVE Burrow, they LOVE Chase, they LOVE this defense.....

And FWIW, the Packers may be based in a small town, but they have a TON of fans, both all over Wisconsin and the rest of the country because they had greatness early (Lombardi), greatness not too long ago (Favre) and greatness (most) of today (Rogers).  The Bengals have only been a top team since Burrow and their base is growing RAPIDLY.  

Reply/Quote
IIRC.....the first Bengals/Niners game is still the highest rated super bowl as percentage of viewers.
Reply/Quote
Is it tho? A 2% drop from last year. CBS might be trying to boost the press release to help marketing sells.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/24/divisional-weekend-averages-37-1-million-viewers/

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Shocked me a bit, I thought we would win but the way our trenches played especially the OL was shocking.

Thought they would play okay, but not dominant.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 11:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I wonder if Captain Assbag (Goodell, for those that haven't seen me refer to him as that 1000 times already) realizes that the BENGALS have a GROWING, GLOBAL, FANBASE.  They are a cool team that is fun to watch.  Not obnoxious.  The world loves an underdog and the constant crapping on them has them wearing that moniker, like it or not.

Maybe if the NFL realized there is more to the NFL than Jazz Bath and cantaloup boy, they will gain even more interest from all over.  The Bengals are THAT TEAM.  People LOVE Burrow, they LOVE Chase, they LOVE this defense.....

And FWIW, the Packers may be based in a small town, but they have a TON of fans, both all over Wisconsin and the rest of the country because they had greatness early (Lombardi), greatness not too long ago (Favre) and greatness (most) of today (Rogers).  The Bengals have only been a top team since Burrow and their base is growing RAPIDLY.  

Nice post SHRacer. Was awesome hearing Who Dey in the Bills stadium. I don't remember a time when we were on the road where
our fans were so loud and taking over a stadium, well besides Nashville when we beat the Titans but that is closer to Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 02:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice post SHRacer. Was awesome hearing Who Dey in the Bills stadium. I don't remember a time when we were on the road where
our fans were so loud and taking over a stadium, well besides Nashville when we beat the Titans but that is closer to Cincy.

Tampa was like that earlier this season.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 11:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote:
I wonder if Captain Assbag (Goodell, for those that haven't seen me refer to him as that 1000 times already) realizes that the BENGALS have a GROWING, GLOBAL, FANBASE. 
They are a cool team that is fun to watch.  Not obnoxious.  The world loves an underdog and the constant crapping on them has them wearing that moniker, like it or not.

Probably not, the last time they were on Hard Knocks they were one of if not the highest ratings that show ever had. He missed that clue.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 02:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice post SHRacer. Was awesome hearing Who Dey in the Bills stadium. I don't remember a time when we were on the road where

Yeah, that Titans game made sense as they are a newer franchise and not such a rabid fan base as the Bills.  I am shocked that many tickets were obtained by Bengal fans.  Can they do it again in KC?  

A guy in Kroger yesterday commented on my Bengal NIKEs, and we started chatting.  He said his three sons drove to Buffalo, got tickets in the end zone, and had an amazing time.  They drove through a snow storm and through the night to get home.  I laughed (imagining how fun this would have been in my 20s) and asked if they were going to KC, kind of jokingly.  His eyes got big and he said:  "Hell, yes, they are!  And I am going with them!".

I loved it and was more than a little jealous. 
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 10:32 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah, that Titans game made sense as they are a newer franchise and not such a rabid fan base as the Bills.  I am shocked that many tickets were obtained by Bengal fans.  Can they do it again in KC?  

A guy in Kroger yesterday commented on my Bengal NIKEs, and we started chatting.  He said his three sons drove to Buffalo, got tickets in the end zone, and had an amazing time.  They drove through a snow storm and through the night to get home.  I laughed (imagining how fun this would have been in my 20s) and asked if they were going to KC, kind of jokingly.  His eyes got big and he said:  "Hell, yes, they are!  And I am going with them!".

I loved it and was more than a little jealous. 

That’s awesome, I love how dedicated this fanbase is! I have Bengals Nikes too. Ive always been a cheap shoes guy, so at first I was afraid to take them out of the box, but I said screw it and I wear them every chance I get!

Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 03:44 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Probably not, the last time they were on Hard Knocks they were one of if not the highest ratings that show ever had. He missed that clue.

And no offense to Dalton, but that team had the personality of a wet blanket compared to this team.  
Reply/Quote