Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Most watched early AFC divisional game ever
I found this interesting.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/25/bengals-are-drawing-more-and-more-local-tv-interest/

How did this game beat the actual SB in local ratings?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 10:46 AM)lacesout87 Wrote: That’s awesome, I love how dedicated this fanbase is! I have Bengals Nikes too. Ive always been a cheap shoes guy, so at first I was afraid to take them out of the box, but I said screw it and I wear them every chance I get!

Who Dey!

I bought a pair for my daughter, but Nike's are too narrow for my feet.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 05:19 PM)jj22 Wrote: I found this interesting.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/25/bengals-are-drawing-more-and-more-local-tv-interest/

How did this game beat the actual SB in local ratings?

More households. People tend to have Super Bowl parties and gather at a house instead of everyone watching at their own home (which is why it's asinine to have the Super Bowl on a Sunday instead of a Saturday. 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 10:27 AM)pally Wrote: Th team that regularly practices outside in all sorts of weathe was prepared for snow and slippery conditions

But, but, but what about the practice bubble thing? I thought they couldn't win if they had to practice out in the cold..  Maybe they should rename the bubble to the "We'll use it when the weather is really nice practice facility."
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 10:46 AM)Sled21 Wrote: More households. People tend to have Super Bowl parties and gather at a house instead of everyone watching at their own home (which is why it's asinine to have the Super Bowl on a Sunday instead of a Saturday. 

That makes sense.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
The replay is on the NFL Network right now. What a great win and everybody’s favorite Mixon rhad over 100 yards rushing. Beating the Bills soundly at home really woke a few up.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Watching the Bills/Cincy game again. Man I forgot how fantastic a game Mixon had. 22 touches and 123 yards (20 carries 2 catches)
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 10:27 AM)pally Wrote: Th team that regularly practices outside in all sorts of weathe was prepared for snow and slippery conditions

Let's be honest. That coin toss nonsense probably played a bigger part than even the weather conditions.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 10:55 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Let's be honest. That coin toss nonsense probably played a bigger part than even the weather conditions.

After the first contest at Paycor I know that the staff was very confident in beating the Bills. On the telecast Nantz and Romo said after their production meeting with Zac they said he had a huge quiet confidence

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 11:45 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: After the first contest at Paycor I know that the staff was very confident in beating the Bills. On the telecast Nantz and Romo said after their production meeting with Zac they said he had a huge quiet confidence

Are Nantz and Romo your inside sources?

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 11:46 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Are Nantz and Romo your inside sources?

No they were the announcers.

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 11:45 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: After the first contest at Paycor I know that the staff was very confident in beating the Bills. On the telecast Nantz and Romo said after their production meeting with Zac they said he had a huge quiet confidence

Is that what he calls it? "Quiet confidence"?  Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 12:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Is that what he calls it? "Quiet confidence"?  Hilarious

That was Nantz’s comment. I think he meant Zac’s comments in the production meeting signaled he was self assured about the matchup.

Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 12:54 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: That was Nantz’s comment. I think he meant Zac’s comments in the production meeting signaled he was self assured about the matchup.

I was making a joke about his "huge"...lol
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
We’ve gotta beat the Chiefs and win a Super Bowl this year

Chiefs fans are outta pocket on social media
-Housh
Reply/Quote