Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jammar Chase was wide open for a TD on the last play
(02-16-2022, 11:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I love AJ. Top 5 favorite player for me. AJ completely disappeared in big games and the playoffs for years. Chase otoh plays his best under the brightest lights. 266 yards and 3 TD’s against KC to clinch the division. Rookie record for yards in the playoffs, etc.

Green, Gresham, Dalton...all wilted in big games. Sucks to say.

Bills were 9 for 9 in red zone scoring tds. 1-1 in playoffs.

Our red zone offense was much worse. 3-1 because our guys made big plays at key times.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 05:49 PM)impactplaya Wrote:
Oh BTW, Jamar Chase made Jalen Ramsey look like 
A junior varsity CB.
Jalen Ramsey made A.J look like a JV WR. 

Yep. Tee did as well to some extent, but if that penalty gets called not so much. Chase’s one handed catch against Ramsey was next level though. He also torched Marlon Humphrey so badly the poor guy got nonstop Ja’Marr Chase questions during Super Bowl week. LOL

This is nothing surprising. Chase beat AJ Terrell like a rented mule in the NCG in college, and he’s one of the best young CB’s in the league. There’s a reason when a bunch of the top college CB’s were asked who the toughest matchup was they all said Chase.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 11:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep. Tee did as well to some extent, but if that penalty gets called not so much. Chase’s one handed catch against Ramsey was next level though. He also torched Marlon Humphrey so badly the poor guy got nonstop Ja’Marr Chase questions during Super Bowl week. LOL

This is nothing surprising. Chase beat AJ Terrell like a rented mule in the NCG in college, and he’s one of the best young CB’s in the league. There’s a reason when a bunch of the top college CB’s were asked who the toughest matchup was they all said Chase.

Yes. His speed is past next level.

It's a crazy thought, but assuming we can add 2 free agent lineman, I look at drafting a te and maybe a wr with speed. Pass rushers. And maybe cb.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 11:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The move would have been to take Chase...and trade back into the 1st Round for Darrishaw.

Or just take Creed Humphrey in the 2nd (even after trading back), and make a move for a decent RG. Bengals hoist the Lombardi in that scenario.

Reply/Quote
Chase was beating Ramsey pretty consistently all night. I have no doubt he can be the best WR In the league. He started off strong, and adapted once teams adapted to him and ended even stronger than he started. That is a huge sign of his greatness.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 11:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Or just take Creed Humphrey in the 2nd (even after trading back), and make a move for a decent RG. Bengals hoist the Lombardi in that scenario.

Especially with Hopkins coming off a major injury.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:53 PM)Tony Wrote: Wide open Ramsey fell on the last 4th and 1...
https://twitter.com/JayMorrisonATH/status/1493114315641012226?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1493114315641012226%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-30403313521589725626.ampproject.net%2F2201262038001%2Fframe.html

Do you know the ball is long gone ?  we were not throwing long, i actually think Chase was used as a prop, it totally opened the flats up, a second more and Perine is going to be one on one only with a LB... odds in our favor.. also Higgins is coming open on a slate..
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 12:24 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Do you know the ball is long gone ?  we were not throwing long, i actually think Chase was used as a prop, it totally opened the flats up, a second more and Perine is going to be one on one only with a LB... odds in our favor.. also Higgins is coming open on a slate..

Yes. Man that Leonard shovel pass from years ago would have been nice.
Reply/Quote
This may have been mentioned already, but I only see 9 Rams defenders in that photo. Not knowing where the other two are makes it impossible to know how truly open he was.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 12:44 AM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: This may have been mentioned already, but I only see 9 Rams defenders in that photo.  Not knowing where the other two are makes it impossible to know how truly open he was.

They had invisibility mode enabled.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 12:07 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Chase was beating Ramsey pretty consistently all night. I have no doubt he can be the best WR In the league. He started off strong, and adapted once teams adapted to him and ended even stronger than he started. That is a huge sign of his greatness.

Yep. Once Taylor and Callahan started moving him around and realizing he can do far more than just go balls he became even more dangerous. The craziest thing is he had the season he did while seeing way less targets than a lot of the other top WR’s. For example Kupp had 191 targets to Chase’s 128. Adams had 169. Guys like Chase and Deebo had to do more with less.

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 12:44 AM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: This may have been mentioned already, but I only see 9 Rams defenders in that photo. Not knowing where the other two are makes it impossible to know how truly open he was.

He was open enough for the 1st down and a huge gain, that much is clear.

Reply/Quote
The play I think was a waste was the 2nd and 1 miscommunication incompletion. That, to me, was the key play of the series.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 05:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't know if I would have called this play on 4th and 1 as it took a while to develop and the Rams were getting pressure so quickly.

Maybe a TE screen or something like that.

This is not the first time that's happened on 4th and short with Zac Taylor's play calling.

This is a similar situation with Shula and Lewis. They were inexperienced as Head Coaches, took over shit teams, built them up . . . and the team outgrew the coach. We are waiting for the coach to catch up to the roster. It must be nice to have the job security of knowing Mike Brown is loyal to a fault so you can promote yourself to On The Job Training Offensive Play Caller. More or less admitting his mistakes after the Niners loss.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 12:24 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Do you know the ball is long gone ?  we were not throwing long, i actually think Chase was used as a prop, it totally opened the flats up, a second more and Perine is going to be one on one only with a LB... odds in our favor.. also Higgins is coming open on a slate..

First thing Joe said was did I have the go route when he got to the sideline.... He had a chance but it wasn't his first read and didn't have a chance after the 1st read was gone. He definitely regrets not taking that 1 on 1 right off the bat...He woulda had a shot.. He definitely wishes he woulda made Jamaar the primary now..
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 03:03 AM)Tony Wrote:  First thing Joe said was did I have the go route when he got to the sideline.... He had a chance but it wasn't his first read and didn't have a chance after the 1st read was gone. He definitely regrets not taking that 1 on 1 right off the bat...He woulda had a shot.. He definitely wishes he woulda made Jamaar the primary now..

“F it Ja’Marr is down there somewhere” could have won us the Super Bowl… Sad

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2022, 03:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: “F it Ja’Marr is down there somewhere” could have won us the Super Bowl… Sad

It's hindsight I get it, but man. IF He just had another or second or 2, he might have took the shot.. It's just funny that's the first thing he said. " Did I have the go route"? He didn't even have time to see it, but he knew somehow Jamaar burnt Ramsey...
Reply/Quote