Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mothership Article on Tyler Guyton
(02-02-2024, 02:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If that is what they still would like to do, then I would think that someone like Rosengarten would be the man for the job.

Wasn’t he just completely overmatched in their bowl game. Had a few penalties too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 05:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Does that account for a run on QBs and all of the whacky associated trades involved with jumping up for a QB?

is there a lot of QBs this year?  or just a lot of needy teams 
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2024, 04:29 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: is there a lot of QBs this year?  or just a lot of needy teams 

Does it matter?  Needy teams always seem to make a run on QBs.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2024, 04:29 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: is there a lot of QBs this year?  or just a lot of needy teams 

Currently, there's 3 in the top 5 prospects, plus a trio of guys graded late 1st/early 2nd.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 05:50 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Guyton will be garbage

(02-02-2024, 02:25 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Wasn’t he just completely overmatched in their bowl game. Had a few penalties too.

Tyler Guyton has received rave reviews this week and likely played himself into the 1st Round.

Reply/Quote
How does he handle a ketchup bottle?
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2024, 02:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If that is what they still would like to do, then I would think that someone like Rosengarten would be the man for the job.

(02-02-2024, 02:25 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Wasn’t he just completely overmatched in their bowl game.  Had a few penalties too.  

Yes Rosengarten had a terrible Championship game. He's susceptible to straight power doesn't have a great anchor so anytime he loses that leverage battle it gets ugly. JC Latham had a rough game against that UM DLine too.

PS: Taliese Fuaga comes from a wide zone rush offense at Oregon State so he would be the best fit for a Wide Zone RT but they run enough Duo and Inside zone that you can see an easy translation to a gap scheme for Fuaga.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 05:09 PM)Whatever Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/orlando-brown-mentoring-one-of-senior-bowl-big-men

Based on this article, Guyton will be high on the Bengals' board and the way his stock is rising, likely in play at #18.

The Cliff's Notes on the article is that Orlando Brown Jr (an Oklahoma alum) has been mentoring Guyton.  On top of that, he's been working with Paul Alexander for the past couple of years, which will definitely boost his stock in the club's eyes.  For his part, Guyton said that he thought the city was "beautiful" when OU played at UC and he likes Burrow, Chase, and the offense.

The club obviously has a need at RT with Jonah due to hit UFA and the stars seem to be aligning for OU RT.

Another snippet of interest for those wanting a RT in the 1st is Oregon State RT Taliese Fuaga, another potential 1st round target, started working with Alexander this year, as well.

The good thing it is a good RT class and because there will be a run on QBs ( Possible 4 to 5 in 1st 16 picks) it could push top tier RT to 18, my gut Bengals will look more at a more experienced/polished and  if Latham or Fuaga if one is there., if not  maybe Mims or Guyton.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2024, 05:09 PM)Whatever Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/orlando-brown-mentoring-one-of-senior-bowl-big-men

Based on this article, Guyton will be high on the Bengals' board and the way his stock is rising, likely in play at #18.

The Cliff's Notes on the article is that Orlando Brown Jr (an Oklahoma alum) has been mentoring Guyton.  On top of that, he's been working with Paul Alexander for the past couple of years, which will definitely boost his stock in the club's eyes.  For his part, Guyton said that he thought the city was "beautiful" when OU played at UC and he likes Burrow, Chase, and the offense.

The club obviously has a need at RT with Jonah due to hit UFA and the stars seem to be aligning for OU RT.

Another snippet of interest for those wanting a RT in the 1st is Oregon State RT Taliese Fuaga, another potential 1st round target, started working with Alexander this year, as well.

I have read more than one evaluation article that states that Guyton may be the highest upside OT in the draft and that he is still learning to play the position and right now is playing it just off of natural ability as he previously played DT.
Reply/Quote
I mostly like what I've seen out of Guyton at the Senior Bowl but I will say the thought of taking him at 18 makes me a little nervous. I think he has great potential and high upside but he's inexperienced and a little raw, same as Mims ,and will need great coaching at the next level. Does anybody trust Pollack to help either of them develop?
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2024, 02:29 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Tyler Guyton has received rave reviews this week and likely played himself into the 1st Round.

He’s definitely first round. Jim Nagy the executive director of the Senior Bowl thinks he’s moved into the top 10. He’s probably going to kill it at the combine. Not so certain on his bench reps. He can pull from the right side and lead in front on a wide run play to the left with ease. Somebody mentioned going up against Watt. Well he’s athletic enough. He gave up zero sacks this season at OU.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2024, 12:48 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: He’s definitely first round. Jim Nagy the executive director of the Senior Bowl thinks he’s moved into the top 10. He’s probably going to kill it at the combine. Not so certain on his bench reps. He can pull from the right side and lead in front on a wide run play to the left with ease. Somebody mentioned going up against Watt. Well he’s athletic enough. He gave up zero sacks this season at OU.

He may have gathered enough attention from his performance at Senior Bowl Week to elevate himself to the 1st round on some draft boards.  The picture of who all makes it into the 1st round will appear much differently after the combine.  Some players will skyrocket up the boards, and then as the draft approaches many will settle back to where they were ranked at the end of the playing season.  It's the same every year, if every player that people think is a 1st round talent made it into the 1st round, that round would have to be 100 picks long.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2024, 09:09 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He may have gathered enough attention from his performance at Senior Bowl Week to elevate himself to the 1st round on some draft boards.  The picture of who all makes it into the 1st round will appear much differently after the combine.  Some players will skyrocket up the boards, and then as the draft approaches many will settle back to where they were ranked at the end of the playing season.  It's the same every year, if every player that people think is a 1st round talent made it into the 1st round, that round would have to be 100 picks long.

Pretty safe bet he’s a first rounder. He’s the #17 best player in the draft by Daniel Jeremiah & #21 by Mel Kiper.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2024, 02:29 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Tyler Guyton has received rave reviews this week and likely played himself into the 1st Round.

I was talking about rosengarten. Guyton has been my hope for a month now. ESPN insider has him as one of 14 players with a first round grade. I’m starting to think he’s gone by our pick

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2024, 01:14 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I was talking about rosengarten.  Guyton has been my hope for a month now.  ESPN insider has him as one of 14 players with a first round grade.  I’m starting to think he’s gone by our pick

He could be.  Though the fact that he is raw and many may see him as a RT only prospect work against him.  I like the kid, but it's hard to see a team drafting him with the expectation that he will be a starting LT in '24.  
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2024, 01:36 PM)Whatever Wrote: He could be.  Though the fact that he is raw and many may see him as a RT only prospect work against him.  I like the kid, but it's hard to see a team drafting him with the expectation that he will be a starting LT in '24.  

With the massive amount of experience in the middle and immediately left of him, along with already working with our LT, i can certainly see a rookie being able to handle the starting RT job.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2024, 12:43 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Pretty safe bet he’s a first rounder. He’s the #17 best player in the draft by Daniel Jeremiah & #21 by Mel Kiper.

I know that he looked really good at Senior Bowl week and his game footage backs it up, but I've also learned to not pin my hopes on the team drafting a specific player.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2024, 02:58 PM)Stewy Wrote: With the massive amount of experience in the middle and immediately left of him, along with already working with our LT, i can certainly see a rookie being able to handle the starting RT job.

To clarify, I wouldn't have an issue plug and playing him at RT.  But LT's are generally seen as more premium and what teams tend to look for early round 1.
Reply/Quote

The Cliff's Notes on the article is that Orlando Brown Jr (an Oklahoma alum) has been mentoring Guyton. On top of that, he's been working with Paul Alexander for the past couple of years, which will definitely boost his stock in the club's eyes. For his part, Guyton said that he thought the city was "beautiful" when OU played at UC and he likes Burrow, Chase, and the offense.

Guyton and Fuaga are going to obliterate the Combine ketchup drill….
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
The question won't be is Tyler Guyton good enough to take at 18 it will be is he better than Newton, Robinson, Latham, Mims, Fuaga, and DeJean.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote