Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moton likely to be tagged
So much for that...

https://catcrave.com/2021/02/15/report-taylor-moton-franchise-tagged-next/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
They'd be crazy not to. He'd probably cost more on the open market than the franchise tag costs.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 03:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So much for that...

Like i've stated FA is not as simple as some want to make it out to be... franchise tags, $$, contending teams and other variables are going to always make it difficult to land top tier players even if you want to... simple economics of supply and demand with mixing in variables...
Reply/Quote
I would expect the Panthers to try to sign him to a 5 year deal, before the deadline. Moton is key to opening up holes for the now healthy and recovered Christian McCaffrey, and that is really the foundation of their offense.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 01:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I would expect the Panthers to try to sign him to a 5 year deal, before the deadline.  Moton is key to opening up holes for the now healthy and recovered Christian McCaffrey, and that is really the foundation of their offense.

I see a report that says the Panthers could possibly go all in big time on Deshaun Watson including using Christian McCaffrey and 3 first round picks.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Not surprised by the move. Interior line play is extremely important in today’s game I’d be just as happy if we signed Thuney or Scherff.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 02:04 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Not surprised by the move. Interior line play is extremely important in today’s game I’d be just as happy if we signed Thuney or Scherff.

Moton is a RT.

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 02:01 PM)Synric Wrote: I see a report that says the Panthers could possibly go all in big time on Deshaun Watson including using Christian McCaffrey and 3 first round picks.

A legit report?  I live in NC, even worked in Charlotte last week, haven't heard even about it from any local affiliates.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 02:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: A legit report?  I live in NC, even worked in Charlotte last week, haven't heard even about it from any local affiliates.

I’ve seen it all over. Apparently their owner really wants him.

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 02:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’ve seen it all over. Apparently their owner really wants him.

Hmm, I guess I'll have to search it.

Edit: No wonder I hadn't seen it all over, I'm working today, and the news just broke in the past hour.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
So, now the question becomes what do we do at tackle?

What other options are going to be out there that are worth investing in?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 04:13 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So, now the question becomes what do we do at tackle?

Daryl Williams is scheduled to be a free agent, he plays RT, and sportrac estimates his market value at ~$7M AAV.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I never thought we'd be in the hunt for Moton as he was always set to be one of the most desired FA's. On the other hand, I think Daryl Williams is in play for a couple of reasons. He is still only 28 years old and comes from a Buffalo team that for whatever reason we are REALLY intrigued by. The other piece in play that Ben Baby mentioned the other day in passing was that he went to the same HS as our new RB coach. 

He would be a really solid upgrade from Hart and probably isn't making close to what Moton would end up getting.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 04:13 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So, now the question becomes what do we do at tackle?

I think Bobby Hart is going to be a free agent.

Maybe we can sign him to a 3 year deal? Ninja
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 02:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Moton is a RT.

I know I don’t love the other free agent tackles so I was saying I’d be fine with signing a guard like Thuney or Scherff.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 09:00 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I know I don’t love the other free agent tackles so I was saying I’d be fine with signing a guard like Thuney or Scherff.

Oh ok gotcha. It’s definitely a bigger need anyway.

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 03:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So much for that...

Damn, this is the guy I wanted. We could still get Daryl Williams or Ryan Wagner though and I would be very happy.

Thuney of course is the guy I want if we go Guard in FA.
Reply/Quote