Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moustakes, Miley, Aklyama Before New Years
Moustakes is one of the best home run hitters in baseball. He plays everyday, Second Base. Homer Hitting Suarez is at Third. If Votto at First returns to form, watch out. Plus Homer Hitting Aquino in outfield.

Reds add Wade Miley from Astros to be the Lefty Starter Wood failed to be. CASTILLO, GRAY, BAUER, DESCLAFANI, MILEY. Look Out.

They add a top Japanese Player. About Time. Reds were one of first teams to break color line after Jackie Robinson and one of first to have many Latino Players. Japan is just another scouting market Reds need to tap into. This Aklyama can get on base in Japan. He joins Senzel, Ervin, Van Meter, Winker. Aquino has to play Right, he is too good.

The Reds are solid at Shortstop and a good hitter. All they need at Catcher is solid Defense, they have Hitters.

The Bullpen is kind of loaded but you never stop looking for help.

Too many outfielders ? Some might say trade. I say the Reds are set for all the injuries that happen in a 162 game season. A good solid bench. A Play-Off type of Bench.

Reds look ready to make a Play-Off run.

Until then my UD Flyers are 11-2 and those 2 losses in overtime to Kansas and Colorado. They almost won tough Mauii Tournament taking Kansas to Overtime. ESPN announcers were very impressed with Dayton. Dayton has a big man who will be a starter in the NBA, but they are deep in talent. 11-2 is just a start. I see 20 wins easy, maybe 25 to 30. In the Top Rankings gets them a good spot in NCAA Tourney in March. Right up to Reds and what should be an exciting draft of QB, OT, LB, WR for Bengals early in Draft. My UD Flyers for now, they are pretty good. Reds look Loaded. Bengals to Reload. IT'S ALL GOOD.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I can agree with most of what you wrote except for 'Reds were one of first teams to break color line after Jackie Robinson'.. The Red's were kind of late to the party and signed Harmon in 1954, 7 years after Robinson with Brooklyn.. From most accounts I've read about the Reds Cincinnati wasn't exactly a black friendly town to play in, in fact quite the opposite. I don't have the sources to quote, but I do recall reading accounts of black players getting death threats from both fans and players alike at some point. It's certainly nothing to brag about.. These things tend to get whitewashed out of history a lot these days.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope Reds Fans know Moustakes was one of the leaders in Fantasy Points and Reds landed one of best players in baseball. He is starting every day. Forget fan favorites, you don't bring in a guy like this to ride the bench. Suarez is at Third Base and that doesn't change. Votto still here at First Base. So where does the power hitting Moustakes play ? He played some Second Base last season, and that position is wide open. Just figure an infield of Votto, Moustakes, Suarez and Galvis at Short.

Again, Moustakes has power numbers like Suarez. You want both in the line-up. Then hope Aquino puts up August power numbers. Then hope Votto puts up numbers like he use to, or at least uses his lifetime on base % to walk across the plate when Suarez, Moustakes and Aquino launch RBI's.

The big signing is Moustakes. He put up HUGE numbers in 2019. You get him in the line-up if you have to sit Votto, but since that isn't happening, Second Base.

IF Votto has a comeback player year, the combo of Votto, Moustakes, Suarez could be the best power hitting infield in baseball. Add in Galvis for extra bonus points.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2020, 01:06 PM)kevin Wrote: I hope Reds Fans know Moustakes was one of the leaders in Fantasy Points and Reds landed one of best players in baseball.  He is starting every day.  Forget fan favorites, you don't bring in a guy like this to ride the bench.    Suarez is at Third Base and that doesn't change.  Votto still here at First Base.   So where does the power hitting Moustakes play ?   He played some Second Base last season, and that position is wide open.   Just figure an infield of Votto, Moustakes, Suarez and Galvis at Short.

Again, Moustakes has power numbers like Suarez.  You want both in the line-up.  Then hope Aquino puts up August power numbers.  Then hope Votto puts up numbers like he use to, or at least uses his lifetime on base % to walk across the plate when Suarez, Moustakes and Aquino launch RBI's.

The big signing is Moustakes.  He put up HUGE numbers in 2019.  You get him in the line-up if you have to sit Votto, but since that isn't happening, Second Base.

IF Votto has a comeback player year,  the combo of Votto, Moustakes, Suarez could be the best power hitting infield in baseball. Add in Galvis for extra bonus points.
Wait! You mean the biggest FA signing in team history isn't going to just be a fill-in player when the score is lopsided and the Reds losing 18-0 in the 9th inning? He'd be a pretty darn good utility player, but if they use him that way Bell will have his head on a pike before the ASG.. Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote