Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Move 2021 Draft to June.
With no college football in 2020. That means no Senior Bowl end of season. Doctors have expected vaccines and new meds in 2021 since this mess started. NBA moved draft back. There are more reasons to move 2021 Draft to June than keep it in April. Things should be better in USA by June. Move Combine as well, to late April or May. It will be better for coaches, players, teams.

Plus these college players still have a year of college left if no ball in 2020. Many might stay in College. Many should stay in college, on boarder of being NFL players or not. Why leave college to get cut in NFL preseason ?

NFL is use to Senior Bowl and Combine early months of year. 2021 may be good year to move Combine to May, Draft to June. Everybody in camp late July and preseason again. USA should be in much better shape once we get a couple months into 2021. Just move Draft from late April to June.

With vaccines and new meds coming 2021. Give college players more time to decide college options. Give NFL coaches more time to scout. Just move Combine and Draft by 5 or 6 weeks for 2021 only. Instead of late April Draft, early June. If the NFL thinks about this, they may see many upsides to doing it

2021 vaccines and meds should get USA bouncing back as 2021 rolls along. God Bless the USA....GO BENGALS.

ADD ON 9-12-2020 : There is talk colleges NOT playing in Fall, may play some games in Spring. So we had May Kentucky Derby in September. We may have Ohio State vs Michigan in Spring, and other college football.....IF this happens it really forces NFL to move 2021 Draft from April to June. June would be fine. June would be plenty of time to draft and get ready for late July training camp. THERE IS NO LAW THAT SAYS THE DRAFT MUST BE IN APRIL.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 01:50 AM)kevin Wrote: With no college football in 2020.  That means no Senior Bowl end of season.   Doctors have expected vaccines and new meds in 2021 since this mess started.  NBA moved draft back.  There are more reasons to move 2021 Draft to June than keep it in April.   Things should be better in USA by June.  Move Combine as well, to late April or May.  It will be better for coaches, players, teams.  

Plus these college players still have a year of college left if no ball in 2020.  Many might stay in College.  Many should stay in college, on boarder of being NFL players or not.  Why leave college to get cut in NFL preseason ?

NFL is use to Senior Bowl and Combine early months of year.  2021 may be good year to move Combine to May, Draft to June. Everybody in camp late July and preseason again.  USA should be in much better shape once we get a couple months into 2021. Just move Draft from late April to June.

With vaccines and new meds coming 2021.   Give college players more time to decide college options.  Give NFL coaches more time to scout.  Just move Combine and Draft by 5 or 6 weeks for 2021 only.  Instead of late April Draft, early June.  If the NFL thinks about this, they may see many upsides to doing it

2021 vaccines and meds should get USA bouncing back as 2021 rolls along.  God Bless the USA....GO BENGALS.

Right now more conferences i are moving to play than not to play so football has not been cancelled in 2020.. I don;t see a reason to move the draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This could make sense, but you'll then have drafted players going right to their OTAs immediately (unless those are moved too).

You probably couldn't have a National Championship game though, as some conferences are playing in the Fall, and the others Spring (if at all). If you have after Fall, you miss a handful of teams. If you have in Spring, you have teams from the Fall season who haven't played in months.

An alternative is some draft-eligible players could go play for XFL in Spring. XFL has already stated they are planning on playing in 2021, which is looking possible now that The Rock and other investors have purchased XFL for $15 mill. https://www.espn.com/xfl/story/_/id/29588303/dwayne-rock-johnson-investor-group-agree-buy-xfl-15m
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 09:33 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Right now more conferences i are moving to play than not to play so football has not been cancelled in 2020.. I don;t see a reason to move the draft.

There trying to play in spring
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I foresee cooler heads prevailing and all of college Football will be played in the spring. It might be a shortened season but they will get games in.
I don't see the NFL moving the draft or combine thought. The owners are just stuck in their ways.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Playing in the spring is a terrible idea for the guys that will end up going pro. Thats a ton of games in a short period of time. I would expect most of the top guys to opt out if they have to play in the spring.
Reply/Quote
I think we'll ha ve spring football. Universities are losing major money from this crap. Here at Boise State we're told that we're losing $20million. Imagine what SEC and Big 10 schools are losing.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 02:07 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: I think we'll ha ve spring football. Universities are losing major money from this crap. Here at Boise State we're told that we're losing $20million. Imagine what SEC and Big 10 schools are losing.

Although it sucks that it's happening, I'm glad that people are starting to see what happens when you shut down the sports at a school.  Some of these media honks make it sound like there is an infinite amount of money to carry schools.  the reality is that football pays a huge chunk of the bills.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2020, 02:19 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Although it sucks that it's happening, I'm glad that people are starting to see what happens when you shut down the sports at a school.  Some of these media honks make it sound like there is an infinite amount of money to carry schools.  the reality is that football pays a huge chunk of the bills.

In return, I think all student-athletes should receive a full ride scholarship to pay for undergrad and grad school in return for the money they help raise for the university. Caveat: They need to maintain a 2.5 GPA or they lose it all. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote