Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movies better than the books?
It’s usually the other way around. Most books are so much better than the movies. But Can anyone think of a movie based off a book that was better? The Shawshank Redemption? Maybe.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The Shining
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Lord of the Rings.

I've tried the books 2-3 time, never could make it through. Movies are some of the greatest.
Reply/Quote
Die Hard.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2018, 12:49 AM)Benton Wrote: Lord of the Rings.

I've tried the books 2-3 time, never could make it through. Movies are some of the greatest.

The movies are excellent. But the books are great too. I couldn't claim the movies are better.

Everyone should do both.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2018, 11:15 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: It’s usually the other way around.  Most books are so much better than the movies.  But Can anyone think of a movie based off a book that was better?  The Shawshank Redemption?  Maybe.

"Classic" books are almost always better than the movie. 

I think the the movie Slumdog millionaire is better than the book it was based on.

There is another category though--books written after a movie.  They are usually worse.
Reply/Quote
One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest
The Shining
Yes, the book was good but Jack Nicholsons portrayals really made it easy to visualize what was going on. That scene where you watch "Jack" staring out the window watching "Wendy" and "Danny" play outside was absolutely fantastic. Just that whole movie of watching "Jack" go from sane to insane was great.

And don't forget the supporting cast in "One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest". The struggle of wills between "Nurse Ratchet" and "McMurphy" was great and how truly evil "Nurse Ratchet" was by the end of the movie.

The Chrinicles Of Narnia 
To see your childhood heroes come to life is really cool and the movies, in my opinion, outshine the books. They just need to finish out the series.
Reply/Quote
The first Jaws movie, the cast was perfect, action riveting and gross.
In the book, the sheriffs' wife and Matt Hooper 'shark expert' had an affair, which ruined it for me.
Reply/Quote
Silence of the Lambs comes close to the book if not equaling it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote