Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movies you like, but only saw once
The inverse of the movies you can watch over and over, what movies do you like but you've only seen once or twice?

For me it's usually "heavy" movies, recently it has been things like American Sniper and Beasts of No Nation.
Fantastic films but just heavy in terms of plot and the ends.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2016, 06:13 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: The inverse of the movies you can watch over and over, what movies do you like but you've only seen once or twice?

For me it's usually "heavy" movies, recently it has been things like American Sniper and Beasts of No Nation.
Fantastic films but just heavy in terms of plot and the ends.

Reservoir Dogs.

The Killing Fields.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
So many good movies I've seen over the years that I woudn't necessarily watch again. One I saw recenly was Room. Great movie, but I wouldn't want to sit through it again anytime soon. Schindler's List is another one. For me it has to be a good comedy/action/romance movie to sit through multiple viewings. If it's dark/sad/rough material, then one pass may be enough for me.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Mad Max: The Fury
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Raging Bull
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Debbie does Dallas
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
Public Enemies

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I suppose the Sixth Sense is the obvious answer.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 03:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose the Sixth Sense is the obvious answer.

Woah, Woah, Woah, twist ending movies are the perfect see twice movies. Once to be completely shocked and the other to see how many clues were left behind or how obvious things actually were. 
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2016, 04:00 PM)MrRager Wrote: Woah, Woah, Woah, twist ending movies are the perfect see twice movies. Once to be completely shocked and the other to see how many clues were left behind or how obvious things actually were. 
Agreed. Identity and Usual Suspects are two of my favorite movies, and both were better the second or third time I watched them.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2016, 10:25 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Debbie does Dallas

if you go to xvideos.com its there, in its entirety.

its much better the next 436 times you watch it.
Reply/Quote
Training Day
Reply/Quote
The Way Back.

Great movie. I'll probably watch it again eventually, but it's rough.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Schindlers List.
Reply/Quote
I'll go with Gran Torino.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Million Dollar Baby
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2016, 10:25 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Debbie does Dallas

I never got all the way through that one.
Reply/Quote
Furious 7 for me. I have seen the previous 6 films over 20-30 times each, I bet I've seen 1 and 2 atleast a hundred times. But Fast 7, thats a one time thing for me. I cried my eyes out at the end.
Reply/Quote
A recent movie that would qualify for me would be The Revenant with Hardy/DiCaprio. I really enjoyed the movie and the performances of the Leo and Tom, but it's a tedious film to sit through, IMO. It's most likely a one time watch for me.
Reply/Quote
Oddly enough Tom Hanks has a couple for me who make the list.

Road To Perdition
Cast Away (I hated the end, otherwise a very good movie.)
The Da Vinci Code

Philip Seymour Hoffman/Jude Law/Matt Damon had one I have to mention.

The Talented Mr. Ripley, although being good, was very depressing.

I would never watch that movie again.

That seems to be the driving factor for most movies that have been listed.

Million Dollar Baby and Schindler's List being perfect examples.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote