Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Otis Redding
eYes, James Brown is the Godfather of Soul and everyone knows that but there is no denying that Otis Redding was the most soulful singer to ever put voice to music.

Died at the age of 26 in a plane crash in I believe 1967...of all things, a freaking plane crash.

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2016, 10:23 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Died at the age of 26 in a plane crash in I believe 1967...of all things, a freaking plane crash.

Too many singers/musicians have died in plane crashes. Buddy Holly, Otis, Patsy Cline, Jim Croce, Ricky Nelson, John Denver, Stevie Ray Vaugn, all died too soon.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2016, 09:25 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Too many singers/musicians have died in plane crashes.  Buddy Holly, Otis, Patsy Cline, Jim Croce, Ricky Nelson, John Denver, Stevie Ray Vaugn, all died too soon.

It is crazy how many musicians have died in plane crashes. From Glenn Miller to Stevie Ray Vaughan with Glenn Miller being the first although he died in a flight over a foggy English Channel during World War II, it still counts.

Of course, we could blame the record studios who didn't pay the musicians as well as they should have and the only way these guys made their money was by going on tour and they went from city to city to city with no rest.

Drugs and alcohol as well have taken so many from the world way to soon as well.

You just have to wonder if music today would be like it is now if all those who have died too soon had lived.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2016, 09:25 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Too many singers/musicians have died in plane crashes.  Buddy Holly, Otis, Patsy Cline, Jim Croce, Ricky Nelson, John Denver, Stevie Ray Vaugn, all died too soon.

Ronnie Van Vant
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2016, 10:23 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: eYes, James Brown is the Godfather of Soul and everyone knows that but there is no denying that Otis Redding was the most soulful singer to ever put voice to music.

Died at the age of 26 in a plane crash in I believe 1967...of all things, a freaking plane crash.

I'm not denying it.  I love Otis Redding.  This song really backs up your claim https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brgfu0scs4k... But that's a bold statement.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2016, 10:23 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: eYes, James Brown is the Godfather of Soul and everyone knows that but there is no denying that Otis Redding was the most soulful singer to ever put voice to music.

Otis had an amazing voice, but Sam Cooke takes the prize imho.  'A change is gonna come' is actually a Sam Cooke original, but that was the nature of the industry at that time.  

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote