Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movin' on up!
Moved up to #10 in draft position. If the stars align, the Bengals could move up to the 6th pick after next week.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:03 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Moved up to #10 in draft position. If the stars align, the Bengals could move up to the 6th pick after next week.

Would already be there if we didnt fuq it up by beating the raiders.
Reply/Quote
Who cares ? They’ll draft another bust
Reply/Quote
This team was 5-2. ROFL
Reply/Quote
1st two picks need to be huge road grader guards that can open holes for Mixon.
Reply/Quote
Will the LB from LSU still be there at 10?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: 1st two picks need to be huge road grader guards that can open holes for Mixon.

Rather have a stud LB. Haven’t taken one in the 1st since Keith Rivers. Keep hearing it’ll be a decent draft for OL. Address that in the 2nd and 3rd.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Will the LB from LSU still be there at 10?

hopefully.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Rather have a stud LB. Haven’t taken one in the 1st since Keith Rivers. Keep hearing it’ll be a decent draft for OL. Address that in the 2nd and 3rd.

We have what could arguably be one of the best running back tandems in the league in Mixon and Bernard if they had any kind of line in front of them. That has to be the #1 concern addressed or all else is just bandaids…..
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: We have what could arguably be one of the best running back tandems in the league in Mixon and Bernard if they had any kind of line in front of them. That has to be the #1 concern addressed or all else is just bandaids…..

My vote is offensive line too. Although we really need a Tackle.

We should be able to sign a LB in free agency that is quality for $6-7 million a year. We could never get a good Tackle for that.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: 1st two picks need to be huge road grader guards that can open holes for Mixon.

Second that, but damn it would be hard to pass on Devin white or the ot from bama.
Reply/Quote
Look at where the free agents are this year and next year and that's probably the position that we'll draft. Hello new CB!

That's how the Bengals operate!

Bobby Hart is cheap labor for a starter.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: We have what could arguably be one of the best running back tandems in the league in Mixon and Bernard if they had any kind of line in front of them. That has to be the #1 concern addressed or all else is just bandaids…..

The LB Core is even worse than the OL. A team who’s best LB is Nick Vigil is going nowhere fast.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: My vote is offensive line too. Although we really need a Tackle.

We should be able to sign a LB in free agency that is quality for $6-7 million a year. We could never get a good Tackle for that.

Yes, quality tackles would be nice. But I think we picked up 2 nasty guards, we could kick Boling to LT, where he is always good, and move Glenn to RT. If we were consistently running the ball down their throats between the guards, pass rushing ends would not be so problematic for our tackles.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 07:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: My vote is offensive line too. Although we really need a Tackle.

Because our FA LB signings have worked out so well in the past...

Reply/Quote
If Jacksonville doesn't select Haskins, and Haskins leave OSU for the NFL in the next draft, I could see the Bengals drafting Haskins even with so many other pressing needs. I would prefer White at backer myself.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
The Bengals also clinched a 4th place schedule. They’ll play Jacksonville and at Oakland.
Reply/Quote
I tend to lean more offensively so I agree with the posters above. Work on the offensive line and spend some high draft capital to improve that interior. Then, draft a QB in 2020. I like Tua, Fromm and MAYBE Herbert.

Fingers crossed Billy Price improves next season. He gets a bit of a pass for his injuries but he has had his ass whipped pretty much all year. He's been terrible.
Reply/Quote
You all assume there is some kind of plan in place to improve the team other than "draft BPA and go to war with what we have". It is the Mikey plan that has worked so far to perfection.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Need the niners to win. But winning against the Raiders definitely hurt. We better draft a linebacker or tackle. Nothing else.
Reply/Quote