Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movin' on up!
The Bengals are on the rise. The Bengals are 27th in power ratings. That's an improvement of 1 place last year. Looking forward to another top ten draft pick. Maybe another WR?

https://www.aol.com/sports/nfl-power-rankings-patriots-bill-120033112.html
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2021, 08:13 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Looking forward to another top ten draft pick. Maybe another WR?

See what I mean about some fans who enjoy whining more than winning?
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2021, 08:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: See what I mean about some fans who enjoy whining more than winning?

Strangely enough it definitely happens more than expected from our fanbase.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2021, 08:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: See what I mean about some fans who enjoy whining more than winning?

I’ve never seen such a cynical fan base.Hey,let’s give the Bengals some love.I like more than what I don’t like with how they’re building this team.There are times when we get a little frustrated with the Bengals.But I’m a diehard Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2021, 08:13 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: The Bengals are on the rise. The Bengals are 27th in power ratings. That's an improvement of 1 place last year. Looking forward to another top ten draft pick. Maybe another WR?

https://www.aol.com/sports/nfl-power-rankings-patriots-bill-120033112.html

I've looked up several power rankings and one of them has the Bengals much higher than I expected.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-power-rankings-2021-bills-49ers-steelers-cowboys/kmuxb65qgbdczrbv4xq6op5p

16. Cincinnati Bengals. Puts us ahead of New England even.

Of course, they have the Brown at #4, which I found fairly unbelievable since they have Baltimore at #7. 16 is last in the division though.

Personally I'm looking for the Steelers to take drop this year. At least I'm hoping.

Reply/Quote

Hard to enjoy what we never experience. 
Reply/Quote

Can you blame them?  They're the only ones who have gotten any enjoyment out of this team in the past 5 years.
Reply/Quote
What is there to enjoy? Not winning a playoff game since Mullets were cool the 1st time around will take its toll on fans.
Reply/Quote

Rather than take this divisive and antagonistic stance, I look at it this way:

When we were winning, things were a lot less negative on here. After 5 straight years of losing, and 2 terrible seasons with Taylor, the boards have been overwhelmingly negative to match the overwhelmingly negative results.

Do I like constantly seeing threads like this? Nope. I'm just explaining why it's happening, rather than getting salty and saying "you're not a real fan" like a 5 year old.

Again I'll say this: if you don't like it, don't bump the thread. Arguing just makes this place even more toxic. If there's something positive to highlight, create a thread about it. Be the change you want to see.

I'll be sure to post in that thread. Not many people have been creating them.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2021, 08:20 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Strangely enough it definitely happens more than expected from our fanbase.

It seems to be worse than I ever witnessed before.  I was invited to be on some Bengals Only Fan Page on Facebook and it is awful.  It is nothing but bytching and moaning....I don't get it.  How can people NOT be excited about this season?  I get the fact that losing Ossai sucks, and Waynes not being out there is annoying, but it is far overshadowed by all the positives.  

I said in another thread that I can't remember a season I have been more excited about since 2006.  Is the team going to be perfect?  Hell, no, but neither are any other teams and I can see a few scenarios where they get to 10 wins and sneak in to the playoffs.  

Who Dey  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I've never understood it either. If being a Bengals fan is so horrendous that all you can do is B and W about every little thing and never enjoy anything about the team, and them winning a playoff game is all so important to your psyche, why turn it on? Why not choose another team or another sport so you can be happier? I think some people just enjoy wallowing in misery. Plenty to be excited about with this team, and I am also looking forward to watching them this year, as with every year.
Reply/Quote
I 100% understand that the worse a team is the more negative comments will be made. That makes sense. It applies to my posts as much as anyone.

What I don't understand are the people who work hard to make up new stuff to complain about. I mean, you really have to love wallowing is self pity to already be squealing about next seasons draft pick like the OP.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 08:11 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I 100% understand that the worse a team is the more negative comments will be made.  That makes sense.  It applies to my posts as much as anyone.

What I don't understand are the people who work hard to make up new stuff to complain about.  I mean, you really have to love wallowing is self pity to already be squealing about next seasons draft pick like the OP.

And yet you continually squeal about others complaining. What's the difference?

By the way, the OP was tongue in cheek. You need to lighten up Francis.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 01:07 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Rather than take this divisive and antagonistic stance, I look at it this way:

When we were winning, things were a lot less negative on here. After 5 straight years of losing, and 2 terrible seasons with Taylor, the boards have been overwhelmingly negative to match the overwhelmingly negative results.

Do I like constantly seeing threads like this? Nope. I'm just explaining why it's happening, rather than getting salty and saying "you're not a real fan" like a 5 year old.

Again I'll say this: if you don't like it, don't bump the thread. Arguing just makes this place even more toxic. If there's something positive to highlight, create a thread about it. Be the change you want to see.

I'll be sure to post in that thread. Not many people have been creating them.

That's not an answer. IF a positive thread is created it'll take until about post 2-3 for someone to try to turn it into a negative. 

No better example of this than last year; We beat the Steelers and folks were turning that into a negative:

"Dead cat bounce in effect"

"We just lost our chance at Sewell"

"Great, that means Zac will be here next year"

Those comments far outweighed:

"Hey, we just physically dominated the Steelers" 

A culture starts with leadership EVERYWHERE..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 10:44 AM)Chezaugie Wrote: And yet you continually squeal about others complaining. What's the difference?

By the way, the OP was tongue in cheek. You need to lighten up Francis.

Another sergeant hulka reference. I knew that should have been our kickers nickname

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Winning cures everything.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 12:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That's not an answer. IF a positive thread is created it'll take until about post 2-3 for someone to try to turn it into a negative. 

No better example of this than last year; We beat the Steelers and folks were turning that into a negative:

Very true. Lets just win Sunday and turn these frowns upside down. Wink
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 07:36 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It seems to be worse than I ever witnessed before.  I was invited to be on some Bengals Only Fan Page on Facebook and it is awful.  It is nothing but bytching and moaning....I don't get it.  How can people NOT be excited about this season?  I get the fact that losing Ossai sucks, and Waynes not being out there is annoying, but it is far overshadowed by all the positives.  

I said in another thread that I can't remember a season I have been more excited about since 2006.  Is the team going to be perfect?  Hell, no, but neither are any other teams and I can see a few scenarios where they get to 10 wins and sneak in to the playoffs.  

Who Dey  Tiger

Personally, I was very excited about the 2015 Bengals.  

They had a great defensive coordinator in Zimmer, Hue Jackson had the offense hummin along.  

I mean nobody is ever going to confuse Lou for Mike Zimmer.  Just isn't gonna happen. 

And so far Hue Jackson is way above a play caller than Zac Taylor is.  

We might as well just say Brian Callahan is just a coach because he's only offensive coordinator in title.  

You had an All Pro WR in AJ Green, and 2 additional threats supporting him, with a healthy Eiffort.  

Then defense you had Geno, Burfict, Reggie Nelson, Pacman, ect on a defense that what pretty well ranked in the NFL that year. 

So maybe you over look the Marvin, Dalton years but I was pretty damn excited going into that season in 2015.  

Sad to see what the last 6 years have turned into. 
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 12:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That's not an answer. IF a positive thread is created it'll take until about post 2-3 for someone to try to turn it into a negative. 

Then counter their arguments with positive facts of your own? I do know this tactic of whining about whiners hasn't seemed to make much of a dent. Maybe we should try something new.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 01:32 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Winning cures everything.

Yep. It really is that simple.

"Negative" posters get cranky when we lose.

"Positive" posters are also cranky because of the losing, but act like they're cranky because of the negativity.

If we start winning, there will suddenly be a lot less arguing and more happiness on here.
Reply/Quote