Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movin' on up!
(09-08-2021, 08:06 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I've never understood it either. If being a Bengals fan is so horrendous that all you can do is B and W about every little thing and never enjoy anything about the team, and them winning a playoff game is all so important to your psyche, why turn it on? Why not choose another team or another sport so you can be happier? I think some people just enjoy wallowing in misery. Plenty to be excited about with this team, and I am also looking forward to watching them this year, as with every year.

Sunk cost.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 06:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Then counter their arguments with positive facts of your own? I do know this tactic of whining about whiners hasn't seemed to make much of a dent. Maybe we should try something new.

Sure, let's try to have management curb the whining instead of encouraging it..That would be something new. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 02:55 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Personally, I was very excited about the 2015 Bengals.  

They had a great defensive coordinator in Zimmer, Hue Jackson had the offense hummin along.  

I mean nobody is ever going to confuse Lou for Mike Zimmer.  Just isn't gonna happen. 

And so far Hue Jackson is way above a play caller than Zac Taylor is.  

We might as well just say Brian Callahan is just a coach because he's only offensive coordinator in title.  

You had an All Pro WR in AJ Green, and 2 additional threats supporting him, with a healthy Eiffort.  

Then defense you had Geno, Burfict, Reggie Nelson, Pacman, ect on a defense that what pretty well ranked in the NFL that year. 

So maybe you over look the Marvin, Dalton years but I was pretty damn excited going into that season in 2015.  

Sad to see what t
[quote pid='1056085' dateline='1631123730']
I was excited about 2015 as well, but if I am being realistic with myself, I didn't see Dalton as a QB that could win the Super Bowl.  He was having a fantastic season and we will never know (which sucks arse) but in the offseason leading up to the regular season, I have more optimism now. 

[/quote]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote