Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving Kirkpatrick Potential
(05-14-2018, 09:14 AM)BengalD Wrote: There's no such thing as too many good CB's on a team.  Just points to the fact that Adam Jones is probably not going to get picked up by the Bengals again.

Actually there is. Imagine that every player was only a CB. We'd have no QB, no center, no LB, no tackles, no safety's , no TEs, just CBs.. Average offensive lineman would be about 5'10", 190 and then what? There's no such thing as too absurd! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2018, 09:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dre is not above average.

Absolutely he is.

(05-16-2018, 08:19 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is nothing but trolling.

How exactly does Dre have 40 passes defended if he NEVER makes a play on the ball?

Why can't we have a discussion like adults based on facts?

Its true; you can't.

Half of his penalties are ticky-tack (see the bitterness above and it is FACT that he didn't interfere) and like you mentioned, his PDs are at a healthy number, for someone who, "never makes plays on the ball."

Anyways, he's fine.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2018, 10:08 AM)grampahol Wrote: Actually there is. Imagine that every player was only a CB. We'd have no QB, no center, no LB, no tackles, no safety's , no TEs, just CBs.. Average offensive lineman would be about 5'10", 190 and then what? There's no such thing as too absurd! 

there is a thing of having too few  no reason to cut dre... or trade him
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2018, 10:46 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Absolutely he is.

No one except a Bengals fan would ever bring up Dre as one of the better CB’s in the league.

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2018, 11:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No one except a Bengals fan would ever bring up Dre as one of the better CB’s in the league.

Better? You're right.

But above average? Yes.

Numbers don't lie, good or bad.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2018, 11:14 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Better? You're right.

But above average? Yes.

Numbers don't lie, good or bad.

Above average is worth 10 million a year now? Can you guys be my new boss please???
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2018, 11:18 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Above average is worth 10 million a year now? Can you guys be my new boss please???

Once you become an above average NFL er you too could make big money
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2018, 11:18 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Above average is worth 10 million a year now? Can you guys be my new boss please???

Flacco's never been above average and he's stolen a ton of money.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2018, 11:39 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Flacco's never been above average and he's stolen a ton of money.

He was in the playoffs the year he won the Super Bowl. That’s what got him paid.

Reply/Quote
Maybe Dre is average ( a stretch in my opinion) but he is not worth the contract he received.

Number of passes defended could be because he is picked on a lot by opposing QBs

Money would have been better spent on Whit or signing a quality free agent like we did this year with the Bills LB.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2018, 11:39 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Flacco's never been above average and he's stolen a ton of money.

Are you really trying to make that argument? I will assume you are joking lol
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2018, 11:32 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Once you become an above average NFL er you too could make big money

I bet I could truck dre.. no problem lol
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2018, 12:07 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Maybe Dre is average ( a stretch in my opinion) but he is not worth the contract he received.

Number of passes defended could be because he is picked on a lot by opposing QBs

Money would have been better spent on Whit or signing a quality free agent like we did this year with the Bills LB.

This is the point the op is making i think. I am not in the dre is total garbage camp, and since we dont have pacman anymore it doesn't make sense to get rid of him until someone else steps up. We should however be planning on weazelling out of his contract in the future.. if it's possible anyway. 30 something rated cb is not worth 10 million a year.
Reply/Quote
Dre has 40 Pd in 6 years . average to about .8 a game. amazing. 10 int in 6 years another amazing stat. that's about 1.5 a year. hes get turned around more than a ballet dancer. ml. I've had direct tv since it came out so I've watched plenty of Bengal games. I have nothing personal Against the guy, but as a Bengal fan I want them to put their best product on the field . which isn't Dre. I don't understand the philosophy of defending every single Bengal player all the time. it's silly and takes away your credibility
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2018, 12:32 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Dre has 40 Pd in 6 years . average to about .8 a game. amazing. 10 int in 6 years another amazing stat. that's about 1.5 a year. hes get turned around more than a ballet dancer. ml. I've had direct tv since it came out so I've watched plenty of Bengal games. I have nothing personal Against the guy, but as a Bengal fan I want them to put their best product on the field . which isn't Dre. I don't understand the philosophy of defending every single Bengal player all the time. it's silly and takes away your credibility

It does seem like according to some here every single player on the team (barring Og) is “above average”

That term is tossed around much too casually imo.

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2018, 11:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He was in the playoffs the year he won the Super Bowl. That’s what got him paid.

Absolutely.

Still stealing money.

(05-16-2018, 12:15 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Are you really trying to make that argument? I will assume you are joking lol

First of all, I wasn't trying to make it part of any argument; was merely trying to infer that players get overpaid constantly.

Secondly, what's there to joke about?

He's always been a bottom-tier STARTING QB in the league and since that contract, he's thrown 98 TDs to 74 picks, (same period has Andy throwing 120-64, in comparison) has had a record (even though I don't think it counts) of 38-36 AND he's only had 1 good year since then (2014).

Players get paid a ton all the time, when it isn't deserved. He's PE#1
Reply/Quote
BTW The Bengals are paying Dre less than $8.2 million this year.  That makes him the 24th highest paid CB.  He is worth every penny of that.

Last three years ('19-'21) Are $9.6-$9.85.  That would make him the 15th highest paid this year, but every season there will be CBs getting new contracts worth more than that.  By '21 he will be a considered a bargain.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2018, 12:32 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Dre has 40 Pd in 6 years .  average to about .8 a game.   amazing.   10 int in 6 years another amazing stat.   that's about 1.5 a year.  hes get turned around more than a ballet dancer. ml. I've had direct tv since it came out so I've watched plenty of Bengal games.  I have nothing personal Against the guy, but as a Bengal fan I want them to put their best product on the field .  which isn't Dre.  I don't understand the philosophy of defending every single Bengal player all the time.   it's silly and takes away your credibility

Did you watch every game in 2016.  If so what did you think of Dre's play in that season?  In your expert opinion how did he play compared to all the other CBs in the league?
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2018, 02:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: BTW The Bengals are paying Dre less than $8.2 million this year.  That makes him the 24th highest paid CB.  He is worth every penny of that.

Last three years ('19-'21) Are $9.6-$9.85.  That would make him the 15th highest paid this year, but every season there will be CBs getting new contracts worth more than that.  By '21 he will be a considered a bargain.

Is that just yearly salary or does that factor in bonus paid out?

And I’ll repeat my question to you earlier: what measure would you use to assess his play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 11:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Kirkpatrick is an excellent CB and it would be crazy to get rid of him.

This ^^^ is laughable as there’s no way I can take this seriously. Can’t cover a bed with a blanket...leads the league in penalties averages maybe a pic a year that lands in his lap and his best trait...his physicality is trash he gets punked all the time in embarrassing fashion on solo tackle opportunities consistently. Excellent may be te firthest thing from a one word description for dre. I’d start with overpaif, overplayed, maybe overhyped list goes on and on...he’s not excellent. He’s probably the 4th best corner on the squad if pac returns which I see happening.
Reply/Quote