Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving on from Paul Alexander
(11-05-2017, 11:06 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: My biggest concern is that IF, and that is a huge if, Mike Brown actually doesn't retain his buddy and entertainment that the next OLine coach may not be great either. The main reason being, Brown isn't going to pony up money for a quality OLine coach just like he won't pay for a quality free agent. We will be digging through the bargain bin for the cheapest possible OLine coach money can buy.

Don't get me wrong, I think our OLine could play just as well as they do with Alexander the Great if they didn't even have an OLine coach. I would think almost any OLine coach could do just as poorly. I just don't expect a huge upgrade when Brown is going to be looking for the lowest paid coach he can find.

I would pick former Bengal great Joe Walter. He knows modern technique.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 11:16 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I would pick former Bengal great Joe Walter.  He knows modern technique.

I would have no problem with that. Mike Brown is the issue. Would he be willing to actually try to address and fix the problem or just sign whoever's cheapest?
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 08:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: P.S.  Do you think that when Paul sold Mike on his methods, do you think that he did it via Sonata on the Piano?

I think hamsters,picture evidence, and a skin flute may have been involved Whatever .
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2017, 11:16 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I would pick former Bengal great Joe Walter.  He knows modern technique.

Joe's gonna be too busy watching his boy play hoops for Xavier.
Reply/Quote
It's going to be hard acting like things will be different with a new HC and some of the same low level coaches who survived the 90s.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 01:57 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: It's going to be hard acting like things will be different with a new HC and some of the same low level coaches who survived the 90s.

So true. It'd be hard to get excited even with a coach like Jim Harbaugh if Ivory Tickler and some of these other lifers are retained. 

Heck, we won't be able to land a coach worth a shit if he can't hire his own guys. That's probably why we roll with Paul Guenther. What an exciting hire that would be.  Yawn
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Keep preaching to the choir FIK.

BTW, the Redskins O-line coach had to start 4 backup Lineman yesterday against the Seahawks and they did well considering.

Especially Chase Roullier the Center out of Wyoming that Ocho was wanting us to take.
Reply/Quote