Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mr. Castellini would you please buy the Bengals...
Yeah... Buy the Bengals, and bring David Bell on over too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Can you imagine what it would be like if the Reds' ownership purchased the Bengals?

People of Cincinnati, we have something to announce. We have purchased the Bengals from Mike Brown

**cheers erupt**

Our first step is to appoint a General Manager

**the place goes wild**

From Monday the new GM of the Bengals will be my nephew

**riots ensue**
Reply/Quote
I'd take a kid playing Madden over Mike Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 02:56 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah... Buy the Bengals, and bring David Bell on over too.

Hell, Bell got over to try to kick the s__t out of Hurdle in that brawl game faster than the LB's get to the ball carrier so who knows....
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 04:02 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: I'd take a kid playing Madden over Mike Brown

Over the last 15 years Mike Brown has done better than half the teams in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 04:20 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Hell, Bell got over to try to kick the s__t out of Hurdle in that brawl game faster than the LB's get to the ball carrier so who knows....

Good point... Let's sign Amir Garrett too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 11:50 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Mike Brown does spend money.  He does try.  

Over the last 15 years the Bengals are in the top half of the league in wins and top 10 in playoff seasons.  To claim he accomplished that without trying is absurd.  

And I prefer having a winning season over "hope".

Over the entirety of Mike’s reign the team wins 40 percent of their games, has never tasted postseason success, and has consistently been viewed as a miserly organization by players, agents, and other front offices. Castillini operates in a league with no salary cap, and has tried to improve both the fan experience and the organization. The results haven’t been great, but Bob generally looks like he wants to win and to provide the fans with a positive experience. Mike, not so much...
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 12:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So overpaying 1 C Tier free agent signing makes up for 13 years of ineptness? Your bar is low. Moustakis is a career .252 hitter. You just recognize his name. He batted .254 last year. I doubt this guy makes them a World Series contender.

Note: IF the Bengals go out and sign 1 C tier free agent...don't be expecting a Super Bowl.

Yes - The Reds paid 4 years and $64 million for a .252 hitter.

By advanced metrics Moustakis is an above average hitter. He also hits about 30 homers and 40 doubles a year. Batting average isn’t the sole measure of success.
Through 2023

Reply/Quote
In terms of recent (this generation) on-field success:
Reds = Bengals, they both are trash

In terms of pretty much everything else (fan engagement, stadium experience, history):
Reds >>>>>>>>> Bengals and it is not even close.
Reply/Quote
I can't imagine the team will ever be for sale. I can see them moving before doing that. Katie knows a cash cow when she sees one, and it's something she can hand off to her kids once she tires of it, provided the league is still in exitance at that point.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 04:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Over the last 15 years Mike Brown has done better than half the teams in the NFL.

Nearly 30 years, not one playoff win.

187 - 270 - 3
7 winning seasons in 29 years
Absolutely pathetic.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 04:59 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: By advanced metrics Moustakis is an above average hitter.  He also hits about 30 homers and 40 doubles a year.  Batting average isn’t the sole measure of success.

I would agree that he's an above average player. Not a bad guy to sign.

My big point is that adding 1 above average guy to a MLB team isn't going to change fortunes by that much.

To make the playoffs in baseball, you need 2 good pitchers atleast. And about 2-3 good hitters and then 2-3 above average guys.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 11:15 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Nearly 30 years, not one playoff win.

187 - 270 - 3
7 winning seasons in 29 years
Absolutely pathetic.

Model Model was hilarious. Like other teams are copying us!
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 04:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Over the last 15 years Mike Brown has done better than half the teams in the NFL.

And over the entirety of Mike’s reign the team is the bottom of the NFL barrel. Your selective time period makes Mike’s tenure sound better than it really is. I’d argue it was more Marvin winning in spite of Mike’s miserly ways.
Through 2023

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2019, 12:13 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I would agree that he's an above average player. Not a bad guy to sign.

My big point is that adding 1 above average guy to a MLB team isn't going to change fortunes by that much.

To make the playoffs in baseball, you need 2 good pitchers atleast. And about 2-3 good hitters and then 2-3 above average guys.

Adding one player to a team that only needs to fill 2 or 3 holes (OF and 2nd base, maybe catcher) is a good start and can change fortunes.

2 good pitchers?  They have potentially the best starting 3 in the NL and almost definitely in the NL Central

2-3 good hitters?  Averages again?  maybe not so much...  power and potential for runs?  most definitely

starting lineup
Votto...need him back to the old but still a productive OBP and batter
Suarez...2nd in NL home runs and 103 RBI 
Moose...  35 homers and 87 RBI
Galvis... 23 homers and 70 RBI and a solid SS
Senzel...  Potential...the kid needs to get it going...still a decent rookie campaign coming of injury
Aquino...  I will extend his stats even though it would not happen.. 56 games, 19 homers, 47 RBIS...times that by 3  57 homers and 120+ RBI
Barnhart need upgrade
Winker need upgrade
Reply/Quote
I stopped reading when I saw Fred saying that Mike has been a success....

He set a record for being the fastest owner to 100 L's

He has to have a winning percentage as an owner that is just dreadfully low.

There is no possible way to defend Mike Brown, none what's so ever. We won for a few years under Marvin? Won what exactly?? The division, who gives a crap. Win a post season game, give the fans a reason to believe you care, hell the Reds are always trying to make moves, Mike just wants to act like he cares while making $$$

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He still needs to buy the team... At least he is trying to do it
Reply/Quote
It's so freaking hard to ignore that moron when people keep quoting his verbal diarrhea.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Why? The Reds suck too.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2020, 03:26 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Why?  The Reds suck too.

We started out as a playoff team, it fell apart, we went through a typical MLB rebuild, now Castellini is showing how willing he is to open his wallet with the signings of Moustakas (4 years, $64 million), Castellanos (also 4 years, $64 million), Akiyama (3 years, $21 million) and Wade Miley (2 years, $15 million).

Basically, Castellini went "all-in" on 2020. I've never seen Mike Brown go all-in once in 25 years.

The Reds are now viewed as contenders after their improvement last year, the moves just made, as well as the trade for Trevor Bauer last year:

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2020/01/mlb-rumors-reds-prime-for-nl-central-run-after-signing-last-remaining-big-free-agent.html

Bauer, Moustakas and Miley were all members of World Series teams.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote