Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mr. Robot Premiere
With all the self-confessed computer geeks on here, I thought this would have already been mentioned.  Anyone planning on watching the premeiere (Wednesday, June 24 at 10PM on USA)?  I saw a promo for it, and although cyber intrigue isn't usually my thing, it looked pretty interesting.

Quote:Summary: Elliot (Rami Malek), a computer programmer who works for a cyber-security firm, is recruited by an underground hacker group run by a man known only as Mr. Robot (Christian Slater) to bring down corporations including ones his company is hired to protect.

Here are some reviews. 

Rotten Tomatoes:

Quote:Mr. Robot is a suspenseful cyber-thriller with timely stories and an intriguing, provocative premise.
The New York Times:
Quote:An intriguing new series.... a cyber-age thriller infused with a dark, almost nihilistic pessimism about the Internet, capitalism and income inequality. And that makes it kind of fun.
Philadelphia Enquirer:
Quote:A thought-provoking, exciting, in-your-face hacker drama.
Any interest in watching?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
[Image: 791312109884177188.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm going to record it. I may let it build up and see if it gets cancelled or not. I get tired of getting hooked into a show and then find out it gets cancelled a few weeks later.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 02:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: [Image: 791312109884177188.jpg]

Yeah, it's an unusual name for a television series.  Beats Mr. Roboto, I guess.

Domo arigato. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote