Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mum is the word on AJ
(08-22-2019, 04:36 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Almost a month since the injury and not a peep on how AJ is progressing. Anyone heard ANYTHING??

well they said something like 6-8 weeks when it happened right?

that time table has not yet come to pass.   So just wait. im sure we will get an update when they have one to give.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 10:06 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: D-Will will remain the starting WR, that's the Zac way. Green will have to earn his way back.  Ninja

Maybe they can try him out at different positions... See how he does at fullback or center.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 09:54 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Ok fair enough....if that is the case I guess my viewpoint is that he will be back later rather than sooner.

The big question is if AJ misses 5, 6, or 7 games but the offense is humming right along anyway....since AJ will be entering free agency at the end of the year do you trade him?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 06:47 PM)Synric Wrote: The big question is if AJ misses 5, 6, or 7 games but the offense is humming right along anyway....since AJ will be entering free agency at the end of the year do you trade him?

I wouldn't trade him. If he stays healthy, he still has 3-6 good years left in him. If he comes back and gets hurt again, then i look at trying to deal him. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 10:06 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: D-Will will remain the starting WR, that's the Zac way. Green will have to earn his way back.  Ninja

Green is a superb talent. Returning to the starting lineup should not be a problem for him.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 06:47 PM)Synric Wrote: The big question is if AJ misses 5, 6, or 7 games but the offense is humming right along anyway....since AJ will be entering free agency at the end of the year do you trade him?

Their record without him is pretty piss poor the last few years... Dalton missed some of those games as well. I don't think the offense will be humming right along without him.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 06:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I wouldn't trade him. If he stays healthy, he still has 3-6 good years left in him. If he comes back and gets hurt again, then i look at trying to deal him. 

He's 31 now. I doubt he has 6 'good' years left in him.

I'd say he has maybe 2-3 peak years left...then a fairly marked decline. His style of play with his jumping may not age well.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 08:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He's 31 now. I doubt he has 6 'good' years left in him.

I'd say he has maybe 2-3 peak years left...then a fairly marked decline. His style of play with his jumping may not age well.

Not to mention that he's had some pretty rough landings when going up for the ball. The fact he's starting to have issues with his feet/ankles is no surprise.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 08:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He's 31 now. I doubt he has 6 'good' years left in him.

I think that part is just his nature.  He long jumped 19'6" in HS, as well as triple jumped 40'.  He was also on a State Championship Basketball team.  He takes extraordinary care of his body, as it is his livelihood.  

If the Bengals can finish implementing a system where he's not the primary target on every drop back?  He could for sure put in another 5 productive years.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

They would be getting a 4th RD pick for him back so I would not do that trade.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 08:40 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: They would be getting a 4th RD pick for him back so I would not do that trade.

Best part about trading in season it's usually to a very desperate team...I would say and 2nd and a 4th.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

That's what i said in another thread a few weeks ago. I think he has 3 years of peak performance left and then 3 more years of savvy vet. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 08:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think that part is just his nature.  He long jumped 19'6" in HS, as well as triple jumped 40'.  He was also on a State Championship Basketball team.  He takes extraordinary care of his body, as it is his livelihood.  

If the Bengals can finish implementing a system where he's not the primary target on every drop back?  He could for sure put in another 5 productive years.

Yep. With the way players take care of their bodies now, he could easily get another 5 or 6 years. And he's on record as saying he wants to play as long as he can. 

The only thing that can derail him is chronic foot problems.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 09:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. With the way players take care of their bodies now, he could easily get another 5 or 6 years. And he's on record as saying he wants to play as long as he can. 

The only thing that can derail him is chronic foot problems.

Spreading the ball around a bit more, will go miles toward making that 5-6 years a reality.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If Damion Willis works out like we hope then we will be in a strange (for us) position - having three good WRs to send out there. Mostly we've had Green and question marks and since Boyd emerged AJ has been hurt a lot so we've only had both AJ and Boyd available rarely.
Reply/Quote

No

Reply/Quote
I really doubt that the offense is going to be humming along without AJ.

This board has a fine tradition of overrating our WR's in the preseason. I remember a few years ago talk that we had 'too many weapons' then having a terrible offense.

Last year, only Green and Boyd produced at WR...with the rest of the guys ranked very low on PFF.
Reply/Quote