Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Murray update
(02-08-2019, 02:32 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote:  from what I hear, the Bengals are one of the teams Murray would say yes to.

???
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Talking to a guy I know who has some NFL ties he is basically saying this all but confirms he has gotten enough feedback from teams he is confident he will go in the 1st.

Reply/Quote
And truth be told, if he's there at 11, I've almost talked myself into being OK with the Bengals taking him.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 03:01 PM)Big Boss Wrote: And truth be told, if he's there at 11, I've almost talked myself into being OK with the Bengals taking him.

I honestly wouldn't mind if the plan is him to be the QB of the future, similar to how KC did it. I'm kind of indifferent on it to be honest, I'd rather give Dalton a chance with this staff but at the same time if they are enamored by him why not let the new coach hitch his wagon to his QB? Especially if they can get a haul for Dalton like they did Alex Smith.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 02:55 PM)Au165 Wrote: Talking to a guy I know who has some NFL ties he is basically saying this all but confirms he has gotten enough feedback from teams he is confident he will go in the 1st.

I wonder if the A's know this.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be upset with him at 11. I just kinda doubt it.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I think he is just too small but will be watching him at the combine.

Sent from my LG-Q710PL using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
Also for those who were convinced he wasn’t a first round pick...

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1095113917473452032?s=21
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 09:17 PM)Au165 Wrote: Also for those who were convinced he wasn’t a first round pick...

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1095113917473452032?s=21

So, what the hell happened between December, when no one had him as a first rounder, to now, when he is suddenly a top ten pick?  And I hope he is a top ten because we pick at 11.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 03:01 PM)Big Boss Wrote: And truth be told, if he's there at 11, I've almost talked myself into being OK with the Bengals taking him.

(02-11-2019, 03:24 PM)Au165 Wrote: I honestly wouldn't mind if the plan is him to be the QB of the future, similar to how KC did it. I'm kind of indifferent on it to be honest, I'd rather give Dalton a chance with this staff but at the same time if they are enamored by him why not let the new coach hitch his wagon to his QB? Especially if they can get a haul for Dalton like they did Alex Smith.

(02-11-2019, 05:26 PM)Takedown Wrote: I wouldn't be upset with him at 11. I just kinda doubt it.

My thinking as well, if Devin White is gone like I think he will be then Id be fine with it, don't really love any of the Olinemen that early.

"So, what the hell happened between December, when no one had him as a first rounder, to now, when he is suddenly a top ten pick? And I hope he is a top ten because we pick at 11."

I would assume commitment issues.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 09:55 PM)McC Wrote: So, what the hell happened between December, when no one had him as a first rounder, to now, when he is suddenly a top ten pick?  And I hope he is a top ten because we pick at 11.

Nothing. People didn’t want to get attached to a guy going to Baseball. There were rumblings back in November of teams asking if he’d consider football with some being in love with him. To be fair though the second half against Alabama showed a lot of what he brings, especially against a front that is basically all NFL players.
Reply/Quote
And here is the explanation of the guaranteed money.

https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/status/1095020486042497027?s=21
Reply/Quote
He won't go rd1. Period. And if we drafted him rd1 it would be worse that the ogbuehi disaster.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 10:35 PM)Au165 Wrote: Nothing. People didn’t want to get attached to a guy going to Baseball. There were rumblings back in November of teams asking if he’d consider football with some being in love with him. To be fair though the second half against Alabama showed a lot of what he brings, especially against a front that is basically all NFL players.

Alright.  Makes sense.

In your opinion, on a scale of one to ten, what are his chances of being a true franchise QB and can he lead a team to a title?

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 12:06 AM)McC Wrote: Alright.  Makes sense.

In your opinion, on a scale of one to ten, what are his chances of being a true franchise QB and can he lead a team to a title?

Haha that is tough. He has to go somewhere who gets what he is in terms of a passer, vertical passer off play action. If you go out and try to design runs for him you’ll get him killed. He is more Russel Wilson than Lamar Jackson. His strength is moving in the pocket to find a open WR. I think in a vertical offense where he can buy time he will be dynamic if he has a solid downfield threat.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 11:57 PM)Jpoore Wrote: He won't go rd1. Period.  And if we drafted him rd1 it would be worse that the ogbuehi disaster.

The Dolphins will be drooling if Murray makes it past Denver and Cincinnati. And so will the skins.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
....and exactly as I have said from the very start.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 08:26 AM)Takedown Wrote: The Dolphins will be drooling if Murray makes it past Denver and Cincinnati. And so will the skins.

And hopefully one offers us a nice package to trade up for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 10:21 AM)Au165 Wrote: ....and exactly as I have said from the very start.

Only problem with that is he doesn't really want to play baseball.  The minor leagues are a far cry from the NFL.  And major league pitching is a far cry from college pitching too.  It's conceivable he never gets to the bigs.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 10:59 AM)McC Wrote: Only problem with that is he doesn't really want to play baseball.  The minor leagues are a far cry from the NFL.  And major league pitching is a far cry from college pitching too.  It's conceivable he never gets to the bigs.

Except the A's are still willing to look at adding him to their 40 man roster so he can get paid right away. The A's retained his rights for a reason they aren't giving up on him yet. If he falls out of round 1 an expedited trip to the majors with guaranteed money at a much higher rate with big league amenities may be appealing enough to switch back. 
Reply/Quote