Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Murray update
(02-19-2019, 01:44 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I'm like 99% this dude is going in the 1st, hell if Lamar Jackson can go in the first then Murray is going in round 1. 

Yea hes a couple inches shorter but he has thrown behind a big Oline and done fine, has a good arm, good accuracy, and is probably gonna run a 4.3-4.4 40. 

I doubt we take him but if we did I would be fine with it.
I doubt he goes rd1. A lot of teams are still worried he'll choose baseball. And he's very short and very light. One Geno Atkins hit like he put on Watson couple years ago he's done for his career. No thank you. I'd rather take a project than Murray.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 08:14 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I doubt he goes rd1. A lot of teams are still worried he'll choose baseball. And he's very short and very light. One Geno Atkins hit like he put on Watson couple years ago he's done for his career. No thank you. I'd rather take a project than Murray.

The Quinnen Williams hit on him in the national title game was about as brutal as you can hit a QB anymore and he got up fine. You are more scared of him than NFL teams are. I am close to a bunch of guys at EA Tiburon, specifically in roster development, who talk to a bunch of teams and the general feel is there are teams in love with him. He's going in the 1st as I have been saying for quite a while now. 
Reply/Quote
General consensus I'm seeing is that he's likely landing in Miami.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 01:39 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Yet another reason he won't go rd1. The stack against him continues to add up... His receivers won't be there all of a sudden he's not throwing.

Speaking to reporters tonight, Kyler Murray said he's not sure if he'll throw at the NFL Combine next week. Murray also said his height is 5′10″ and he believes he's faster than his 4.30 40 time from 2-3 years ago

There have been PLENTY of QBs who didn't throw at the Combine and still went in the first round.
Sam Darnold, Teddy Bridgewater, Johnny Manziel, Andrew Luck, RG3, Ryan Tannehill, Blaine Gabbert, Sam Bradford, Tim Tebow, Matt Stafford, Matt Ryan, Jamarcus Russell, and Brady Quinn just to name a few.
Throwing at the Combine doesn't mean a thing.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 03:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: There have been PLENTY of QBs who didn't throw at the Combine and still went in the first round.
Sam Darnold, Teddy Bridgewater, Johnny Manziel, Andrew Luck, RG3, Ryan Tannehill, Blaine Gabbert, Sam Bradford, Tim Tebow, Matt Stafford, Matt Ryan, Jamarcus Russell, and Brady Quinn just to name a few.
Throwing at the Combine doesn't mean a thing.

He's trying to talk it into being true.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 04:20 PM)Au165 Wrote: He's trying to talk it into being true.

But if you start adding things together--baseball/ football, baseball/football, will only play for certain teams, won't do the combine drills, it starts to create an overall picture.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 05:09 PM)McC Wrote: But if you start adding things together--baseball/ football, baseball/football, will only play for certain teams, won't do the combine drills, it starts to create an overall picture.

Not really. He is a 1st round pick 0 doubt about it. The tape doesn't lie.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 05:11 PM)Au165 Wrote: Not really. He is a 1st round pick 0 doubt about it. The tape doesn't lie.

I'm sure he is.  Teams lose their minds when it comes to QB's.  And hell, I guess a lot of QB's have the diva in them.  What's one more, right?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 05:47 PM)McC Wrote: I'm sure he is.  Teams lose their minds when it comes to QB's.  And hell, I guess a lot of QB's have the diva in them.  What's one more, right?

Football people lose their minds when it comes to top talents, which is what he is. 
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 05:50 PM)Au165 Wrote: Football people lose their minds when it comes to top talents, which is what he is. 

One year starter.  No big deal any more?

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 05:54 PM)McC Wrote: One year starter.  No big deal any more?

Nope. A lot of the old QB "rules" have gone out the window in recent years. I have wrote about this a couple times, specifically in that these guys are receiving much higher level coaching younger combined with more NFL teams mirroring college offenses it allows for a quicker transition to success. It's the reason no one cares about Haskins only having 1 year of starting experience. Accuracy is the most important thing a QB needs coming out because it is really the one thing that doesn't change much from a rookie year onward.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 05:58 PM)Au165 Wrote: Nope. A lot of the old QB "rules" have gone out the window in recent years. I have wrote about this a couple times, specifically in that these guys are receiving much higher level coaching younger combined with more NFL teams mirroring college offenses it allows for a quicker transition to success. It's the reason no one cares about Haskins only having 1 year of starting experience. Accuracy is the most important thing a QB needs coming out because it is really the one thing that doesn't change much from a rookie year onward.

I would ask that question about Haskins too.  Wouldn't be too outrageous to want to have something else to compare that one year to, imo.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 06:07 PM)McC Wrote: I would ask that question about Haskins too.  Wouldn't be too outrageous to want to have something else to compare that one year to, imo.

Sure, you’d always like larger sample sizes but at the same time when the one year was as good as both of these guys had you’d assume the trajectory is up especially when you see the tape. I look at them then look at Drew Lock and the accuracy difference is night and day. As a coach you expect to have to teach guys to read defenses coming in but getting guys who are already really accurate makes that easier and these guys were against top competition.
Reply/Quote
I'm gonna put my tinfoil hat on here for a second.

A couple weekends' ago, Marvin made a joke about how Baker Mayfield got him fired. Obviously the remark was made in jest, but I do wonder if there is some truth to it. The Browns sweeping the Bengals and finally getting set at QB may have touched a nerve with Mike Brown.

So I do wonder what the chances are that Brown asks Taylor and Tobin to take a look at Murray at the very least.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2019, 12:10 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I'm gonna put my tinfoil hat on here for a second.

A couple weekends' ago, Marvin made a joke about how Baker Mayfield got him fired.  Obviously the remark was made in jest, but I do wonder if there is some truth to it.  The Browns sweeping the Bengals and finally getting set at QB may have touched a nerve with Mike Brown.    

So I do wonder what the chances are that Brown asks Taylor and Tobin to take a look at Murray at the very least.

We brought in Lamar Jackson last year and did some work on a couple other QB's I don't doubt they are doing due diligence on potential life after Andy options.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2019, 12:10 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I'm gonna put my tinfoil hat on here for a second.

A couple weekends' ago, Marvin made a joke about how Baker Mayfield got him fired.  Obviously the remark was made in jest, but I do wonder if there is some truth to it.  The Browns sweeping the Bengals and finally getting set at QB may have touched a nerve with Mike Brown.    

That was indeed the straw.  Too bad the same shame was not attached to being the Steelers' personal ***** for sixteen years.

But the Steelers didn't fire his dad fifty some years ago like the Browns, even though it was actually the Ravens.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 09:26 AM)Au165 Wrote: The Quinnen Williams hit on him in the national title game was about as brutal as you can hit a QB anymore and he got up fine. You are more scared of him than NFL teams are. I am close to a bunch of guys at EA Tiburon, specifically in roster development, who talk to a bunch of teams and the general feel is there are teams in love with him. He's going in the 1st as I have been saying for quite a while now. 
There are teams in love with his talent yes. But like I've been saying for months now, he won't go rd1 bc if the hypocritical nature that is Kyler Murray. Also if he was really all about football, he would have paid the money back already. And that was a hit from a college player. These are grown ass men he would be going against. 10 times the strength and power.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2019, 02:12 AM)Jpoore Wrote: There are teams in love with his talent yes. But like I've been saying for months now, he won't go rd1 bc if the hypocritical nature that is Kyler Murray. Also if he was really all about football, he would have paid the money back already. And that was a hit from a college player. These are grown ass men he would be going against. 10 times the strength and power.

Pretty sure Murray will go in round 1 barring any public announcement he’s going back to baseball.

Show me an nfl player that has 10 times the strength and power of Williams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2019, 03:18 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Show me an nfl player that has 10 times the strength and power of Williams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There aren’t lol.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2019, 12:54 PM)Au165 Wrote: There aren’t lol.

I don't know.  Maybe if it was the strongest guy in the league...

and he was driving a truck at the time.

Reply/Quote