Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music Info/Trivia
(10-24-2021, 11:35 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Not to get into P&R here.

But there are now so many songs now filled with debauchery and obvious satanic lyrics it's laughable at this point.

I gotta listen to a backwards record to get that old school evil!!

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 11:14 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: [Image: what-about-bob-movie-quotes-funny.png]

Forgot about Bob Dylan for heck sake! What is wrong with me? Will edit, that was embarassing. Nervous

(10-30-2021, 11:15 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: I love them too.  I dare anyone to listen to one of their songs and not enjoy it.

The Wilburrys just make you feel good. Love their vids too.

Has there ever been a band with that many Legends of rock on it I pose the question?

(10-30-2021, 05:44 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Well I’ll be Lickety split! Your saying they wasn’t?

That is what they say lol

They were disgusted by the accusation, they preferred the dudes in their own band ha ha
Reply/Quote
One of the craziest real-life stories of a musician you never heard of is Col. Bruce Hampton.

Hampton founded the greatest, most talented band you never heard of (The Aquarium Rescue Unit) and helped create the H.O.R.D.E. Tour to feature them.

He played the songwriter, Morris, in "Slingblade".

He created his own miniature guitar that he called a "Chazoid".

Hampton was a cult hero among musicians and on his 70th birthday they hosted a huge tribute concert at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta.  During the encore Hampton suffered a massive heart attack and collapsed on the stage.  The musicians did not pay him any attention because Hampton had a history of acting crazy on stage.  He lay there for several minutes through an extended guitar solo until someone finally check on him.  He died later that night.

Google him and you will be surprised at all the big stars he either developed or played with.  I am amazed no one has done a movie about his life.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 08:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: One of the craziest real-life stories of a musician you never heard of is Col. Bruce Hampton.

Hampton founded the greatest, most talented band you never heard of (The Aquarium Rescue Unit) and helped create the H.O.R.D.E. Tour to feature them.

Hampton was a cult hero among musicians and on his 70th birthday they hosted a huge tribute concert at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta.  During the encore Hampton suffered a massive heart attack and collapsed on the stage.  The musicians did not pay him any attention because Hampton had a history of acting crazy on stage.  He lay there for several minutes through and extended guitar solo until someone finally check on him.  He died later that night.

Google him and you will be surprised at all the big stars he either developed or played with.  I am amazed no one has done a movie about his life.

This part made me think of Redd Foxx.

As Fred Sanford character he always acted like he was having a heart attack "This is the big one!  Elizabeth, I'm coming to join you!".

Foxx died of a heart attack later in his career on set of another show and people initially thought he was acting.

He had been angry from being pulled out of an Entertainment Tonight interview and was rehearsing a scene with Della Reese when he died.

Another weird thing about Redd is he was only 49 years old when he began Sanford & Son.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 08:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: One of the craziest real-life stories of a musician you never heard of is Col. Bruce Hampton.

Hampton was a cult hero among musicians and on his 70th birthday they hosted a huge tribute concert at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta.  During the encore Hampton suffered a massive heart attack and collapsed on the stage.  The musicians did not pay him any attention because Hampton had a history of acting crazy on stage.  He lay there for several minutes through an extended guitar solo until someone finally check on him.  He died later that night.

Wild stuff, thanks for this Fred, never heard of Hampton. Dwight Yoakam was the bad guy in Slingblade BTW and is a very
good bad guy in Hollywood Homicide too. Pretty crazy how some singers/musicians are also great actors.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2021, 09:34 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: This part made me think of Redd Foxx.

As Fred Sanford character he always acted like he was having a heart attack "This is the big one!  Elizabeth, I'm coming to join you!".

Foxx died of a heart attack later in his career on set of another show and people initially thought he was acting.

He had been angry from being pulled out of an Entertainment Tonight interview and was rehearsing a scene with Della Reese when he died.

Another weird thing about Redd is he was only 49 years old when he began Sanford & Son.

Always loved Redd Foxx, great show and he always made me laugh. Surprised he looked that old at only 49 years old. Shocked

RIP Redd and Bruce Hampton
Reply/Quote

Hampton founded the greatest, most talented band you never heard of (The Aquarium Rescue Unit) 

Bass...Otiel Burbridge... 2012 Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award for 15 years with Allman Brothers Band and other works.  Won a Grammy in blues category while with Allman Bros ('01, '03, '04).  His own bands (and his solo work) has been more jazz/funk/fusion. Also played bass for Dead and Company.

Lead...Jimmy Herring.... Played lead for Allman Bros. in '93 while Dicky Betts dealt with legal problems and played/toured with them on-and-off through 2000.  Replaced Jerry Garcia when the four surviving member of the "Grateful Dead" toured as "The Dead".  Currently lead for Wide Spread panic.  Also has side work in jazz.

Drummer Jeff Sipe.....Jazz rock/fusion style has played with everyone from Jazz Bassist Jonas Helborg, to PHISH, to bluegrass (Leftover salmon, Sam Bush Band etc)
Reply/Quote
Story time....

I buy a Lead Belly CD at Borders,  get home finally get it out of that tape job ya know the one and put it in the player.  after a few songs I hear......there is a house in New Orleans they call the Rising Sun.....huh?    I knew the guy had died in 1949 so how can he be....???   I like everyone else I thought that was a Animals tune with Eric Burton a 60's thing.  Well it isn't as I would find out,  actually it's an old Appalachian  tune first recorded by legendary old timey music legend Clarence Ashley (also gave us Little Sadie) in 1933,  well I'll be damn,  and here it is....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=147kS8O59Qs
Reply/Quote