Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Musk Tesla leave Delaware to Texas and take tax revenue with them
(06-14-2024, 09:08 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: You act like I’m making it up. Even if it never went through or the idea failed. My gripe still stands. The richest guy in the world bought something that was free to use and tried to start charging people to use it.

If you like the idea that the richest guy in the world tried to nickel and dime us more that’s cool.

https://variety.com/2023/digital/news/elon-musk-charge-all-x-twitter-users-fee-1235726693/

“We’re moving to having a small monthly payment for use of the X system,”

It didn't fail, he didn't implement it.  Businesses float ideas all the time that they don't end up implementing.  There's a lot of things that could have happened and didn't.  I don't spend one microsecond of my life thinking about them.

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2024, 01:32 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It didn't fail, he didn't implement it.  Businesses float ideas all the time that they don't end up implementing.  There's a lot of things that could have happened and didn't.  I don't spend one microsecond of my life thinking about them.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/elon-musk-backtracks-twitter-blue-183159974.html

“Elon Musk has amended Twitter’s proposed verification plans from a $19.99 charge per month to an $8 monthly fee along with several premiere features for blue-check users, the new owner said Tuesday.”

Maybe I imagined it. Don’t know. I’ve never had a Twitter account.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2024, 07:18 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: It is always fun spending someone else's money...

And then sell them a story that makes them think it's good for them. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2024, 09:08 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: You act like I’m making it up. Even if it never went through or the idea failed. My gripe still stands. The richest guy in the world bought something that was free to use and tried to start charging people to use it.

If you like the idea that the richest guy in the world tried to nickel and dime us more that’s cool.

https://variety.com/2023/digital/news/elon-musk-charge-all-x-twitter-users-fee-1235726693/

“We’re moving to having a small monthly payment for use of the X system,”

You don't have to pay? It's completely optional. 
Thing is, it added a layer of security to higher profile people that attract alot of fake names. All it does is now you know that XX has been verified as a real account and other similar names are not real. If you think you are important enough that people would try to impersonate you, then by all means pay.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2024, 01:44 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/elon-musk-backtracks-twitter-blue-183159974.html

“Elon Musk has amended Twitter’s proposed verification plans from a $19.99 charge per month to an $8 monthly fee along with several premiere features for blue-check users, the new owner said Tuesday.”

Maybe I imagined it. Don’t know. I’ve never had a Twitter account.

You didn't imagine it, you just aren't familiar with what you're talking about.  Having a blue check mark (i.e. verified) used to be controlled by an arbitrary system.  Musk changed it to a pay service.  You can still use Twitter/X without a check mark for free as you always have.

I appreciate you don't have a Twitter/X account.  Maybe don't speak from a position of knowledge on the subject then?

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2024, 08:09 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You didn't imagine it, you just aren't familiar with what you're talking about.  Having a blue check mark (i.e. verified) used to be controlled by an arbitrary system.  Musk changed it to a pay service.  You can still use Twitter/X without a check mark for free as you always have.

I appreciate you don't have a Twitter/X account.  Maybe don't speak from a position of knowledge on the subject then?

Was the arbitrary system to be verified on Twitter free?

Did the richest man in the world buy it and start charging people to use it?
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2024, 01:22 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Was the arbitrary system to be verified on Twitter free?

Yup, it was free based on the vagaries of those in charge of Twitter.  Meaning a certain celebrities account would be verified but another's would not.  Why the difference?  Who knows?

Quote:Did the richest man in the world buy it and start charging people to use it?

Being verified, yes.  Using Twitter/X?  No.  So your entire point collapses as a nonsensical nonstarter.  But feel free to disagree because of your feelings and all.

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2024, 01:41 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Something that kind of stuck out to me recently.

Everybody complaining about the rising costs squeezing the lower and middle class.

And we witnessed first hand the richest man in the world buy a website that was free to use and then begin experimenting with various ways to charge people to use it.

That’s the world we live in in a nutshell imo.

Thanks Biden.

(06-16-2024, 02:56 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yup, it was free based on the vagaries of those in charge of Twitter.  Meaning a certain celebrities account would be verified but another's would not.  Why the difference?  Who knows?

Being verified, yes.  Using Twitter/X?  No.  So your entire point collapses as a nonsensical nonstarter.  But feel free to disagree because of your feelings and all.

Sure bud. Good game.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2024, 03:38 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Sure bud. Good game.

[Image: 69jV.gif]

Reply/Quote
From an electoral college standpoint is it good for republicans if a bunch of jobs in the tech industry that require college degrees (I assume) move from a state that is D 15+ to a state that is R 5+? Biden is pretty dull, but if the next D has more pep in his/her step and is more popular and Texas even looks like it could be in play for democrats, I can see the blame being laid at the feet for big business owners leaving states like NY and CA and others where their presumably left-leaning educated workforce normally waste their extra votes and brining them to Texas to save a buck they'll never need to spend in 1000 lifetimes.

Logically someone like Elon wants to move to Texas and save on taxes, but they doesn't mean his entire workforce is going to agree. Or maybe everyone who works for Elon is a crypto Trump bro.
Reply/Quote