Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Musk says Biden can fix border with stroke of a pen
The Democrats are trying to place blame on Republicans for the almost 8 million (maybe more) border crossings allowing illegal immigrants into the US, most not vetted, not vaccinated and according to FBI a major threat in the number of iimmigrants who pose a major security threat.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/10/trumps-final-numbers

Musk hits out at Biden’s call for border deal: ‘No laws need to be passed’
'All that is needed is an executive order to require proof before granting an asylum hearing, that is how it used to be,' Musk wrote

This kills the narrative it is a political football being used by Trump and Republicans.

Biden can fix this, he never needed Congress (but he did have control of Congress in 2021 and 2022)), he has and had the power all along to also enforce current immigration laws.

Republicans want the flow of migrants into the US to stop, Democrats want 14 millions so they can process more migrants, nit stop them from coming here. Biden has no intention of securing the border (as Abbott is doing in Eagle's Pass), if he did he would have sent our troops to stop illegal immigrants before they enter and make them show proof of their asylum claims. It is not acceptable to seek asylum for a better job. Trump had it right, send them back to Mexico to await any asylum hearing, not free to enter US and wait years for a hearing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2024, 12:22 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The Democrats are trying to place blame on Republicans for the almost 8 million (maybe more)  border crossings allowing illegal immigrants into the US, most not vetted, not vaccinated and according to FBI a major threat in the number of iimmigrants who pose a major security threat.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/10/trumps-final-numbers

Musk hits out at Biden’s call for border deal: ‘No laws need to be passed’
'All that is needed is an executive order to require proof before granting an asylum hearing, that is how it used to be,' Musk wrote

This kills the narrative it is a political football being used by Trump and Republicans.

Biden can fix this, he never needed Congress (but he did have control of Congress in 2021 and 2022)), he has and had the power all along to also enforce current immigration laws.

Republicans want the flow of migrants into the US to stop, Democrats want 14 millions so they can process more migrants, nit stop them from coming here. Biden has no intention of securing the border (as Abbott is doing in Eagle's Pass), if he did he would have sent our troops to stop illegal immigrants before they enter and make them show proof of their asylum claims. It is not acceptable to seek asylum for a better job. Trump had it right, send them back to Mexico to await any asylum hearing, not free to enter US and wait years for a hearing.

I'm old enough to remember when running the government by executive order was a bad thing for republicans.

Congress can fix this with the bi-partisan proposal right now...but too many of the gnop are too beholden to P01135809 to do the right thing.

Your complete misunderstanding of basically the entire issue and the laws involved only adds to the confusion.

Secondly Musk couldn't even keep Twitter running and making money.  Let's not let him touch any laws.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2024, 12:49 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm old enough to remember when running the government by executive order was a bad thing for republicans.

Congress can fix this with the bi-partisan proposal right now...but too many of the gnop are too beholden to P01135809 to do the right thing.

Your complete misunderstanding of basically the entire issue and the laws involved only adds to the confusion.

Secondly Musk couldn't even keep Twitter running and making money.  Let's not let him touch any laws.

What proposal do you speak where Biden agrees to stop/deter illgeal immigrants from coming to our border and seeking asylum in their own country versus traveling with cartels (expensive and dangerous) and then asking for asylum? Everything I have read does noting to stop them, just gives Biden more money for Ukraine and more resources to process them.

I may not be the smartest poster in the forum, but huge difference between stopping/deterring migrants versus allowing them in the country for years before they get a hearing. A hearing over 85% never show up for statistically the past 5 years.

Your argument also is being lost on many voters, as Biden according to a recent CBS poll has only 30% approval on handling immigration. This means lots of Independents and Democrats disagree with the Biden immigration policies.

https://cis.org/Arthur/70-Percent-Disapprove-Bidens-Handling-Immigration-Latest-CBS-News-Poll

But, keep up the Democrat talking point Biden is helpless to fix the border without Congress. Again, Biden had Congress the 1st 2 years of his Presidency, why did he they not fix the border when they had Congress and the oval office. These are all facts and sorry the BS being spewed now it is the GOP's fault will not stick. Biden created the crisis, not Republicans.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2024, 01:43 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: What proposal do you speak where Biden agrees to stop/deter illgeal immigrants from coming to our border and seeking asylum in their own country versus traveling with cartels (expensive and dangerous) and then asking for asylum? Everything I have read does noting to stop them, just gives Biden more money for Ukraine and more resources to process them.

I may not be the smartest poster in the forum, but huge difference between stopping/deterring migrants versus allowing them in the country for years before they get a hearing. A hearing over 85% never show up for statistically the past 5 years.

Your argument also is being lost on many voters, as Biden according to a recent CBS poll has only 30% approval on handling immigration. This means lots of Independents and Democrats disagree with the Biden immigration policies.

https://cis.org/Arthur/70-Percent-Disapprove-Bidens-Handling-Immigration-Latest-CBS-News-Poll

But, keep up the Democrat talking point Biden is helpless to fix the border without Congress. Again, Biden had Congress the 1st 2 years of his Presidency, why did he they not fix the border when they had Congress and the oval office. These are all facts and sorry the BS being spewed now it is the GOP's fault will not stick. Biden created the crisis, not Republicans.

Just read what I wrote.  It will save us both time.
Reply/Quote
Like I put in the other thread.

If our immigration laws are so perfect. Why has every president since 2000 pleaded to congress to pass reform? They have all called the system stupid and or broken.

If the laws we had worked we wouldn’t be separating families, putting kids in cages, making vulnerable women and children remain in Mexico to be used by the cartel, busing them all over the country to overwhelm unprepared cities, and there wouldn’t be constant legal battles in the courts over what states and feds can and can’t do.

We are not a cruel nation. We are a country built by immigrants made up of people mostly from immigrant descent. The melting pot of the world. The land of opportunity.

I love how for 24 years I’ve heard politicians complain about our broken immigration system. And now all of a sudden the same group who has been the loudest complaining about immigration as of late says everything is perfect with our immigration system. As they attempt to blow up a bipartisan bill meant to fix an issue that has been ongoing for decades.

You have been one of the loudest around here railing against the open border. Why are you taking marching orders from friend of Epstein when you even have Biden saying he would shut down the border if the bill passes.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/biden-backs-senate-border-deal-vows-shut-down-border-when-overwhelmed-2024-01-27/

"It would give me, as President, a new emergency authority to shut down the border when it becomes overwhelmed. And if given that authority, I would use it the day I sign the bill into law,"
Reply/Quote
Is there a reason why we should listen to anything Musk says about government? He doesn't know what the **** he's talking about, and neither do most people on this topic. They don't understand the processes, they don't even have an understanding of the facts currently surrounding the situation. One of those facts? Trump and the hardliner GOP types are going to tank a potential deal that could help with border security because they want to use it as a political talking point during the election. That is a fact.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2024, 08:06 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Is there a reason why we should listen to anything Musk says about government? He doesn't know what the **** he's talking about, and neither do most people on this topic. They don't understand the processes, they don't even have an understanding of the facts currently surrounding the situation. One of those facts? Trump and the hardliner GOP types are going to tank a potential deal that could help with border security because they want to use it as a political talking point during the election. That is a fact.

The worse things are, the more the country will crawl back to Trump regardless of who is at fault for it...it's almost admirable how brazen they are to admit it.  Reminds me of when I was in high school and rather than improve my own social standing or date a girl in my looks/social bracket I'd simply hope that one of the top-tier girls would shit herself in front of the whole school or otherwise suffer a great indignity that would knock her down into enough of a depression and social nadir that she'd be in my league.  Yes, I need a top-tier chick to fall and fall hard so I can swoop in and save her.  Well, at least I never tried to openly cause her that harm first.

Or maybe it's more like when my cousin was married to a total nutbag who was convinced he was "always out there cheating on her" so she'd destroy most of his clothes, rarely allow him to clean what he had left, and intentionally give him bad haircuts so other women wouldn't find him attractive.

The modern GOP is basically me when I was a socially-bankrupt teen meets an unmedicated borderline personality disorder-having conspiracy theorist.  Incels and nutbags unite, your abuser is back and ooooh you want him back sooooooooo bad.  You neeeeeeeed him.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2024, 08:06 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Is there a reason why we should listen to anything Musk says about government? He doesn't know what the **** he's talking about, and neither do most people on this topic. They don't understand the processes, they don't even have an understanding of the facts currently surrounding the situation. One of those facts? Trump and the hardliner GOP types are going to tank a potential deal that could help with border security because they want to use it as a political talking point during the election. That is a fact.

You're right but you have to remember that MUsk is their savior.  He took the conservative bashing and "unfair" Twitter and made it "X" that allows "free speech" and such. 

I wish I was joking.
Reply/Quote
Why did it take till an election year for the Dems to show concern for our border?

You know why.

And that is also a fact my friends.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2024, 05:13 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Like I put in the other thread.

If our immigration laws are so perfect. Why has every president since 2000 pleaded to congress to pass reform? They have all called the  system stupid and or broken.

If the laws we had worked we wouldn’t be separating families, putting kids in cages, making vulnerable women and children remain in Mexico to be used by the cartel, busing them all over the country to overwhelm unprepared cities, and there wouldn’t be constant legal battles in the courts over what states and feds can and can’t do.

We are not a cruel nation. We are a country built by immigrants made up of people mostly from immigrant descent. The melting pot of the world. The land of opportunity.

I love how for 24 years I’ve heard politicians complain about our broken immigration system. And now all of a sudden the same group who has been the loudest complaining about immigration as of late says everything is perfect with our immigration system. As they attempt to blow up a bipartisan bill meant to fix an issue that has been ongoing for decades.

You have been one of the loudest around here railing against the open border. Why are you taking marching orders from friend of Epstein when you even have Biden saying he would shut down the border if the bill passes.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/biden-backs-senate-border-deal-vows-shut-down-border-when-overwhelmed-2024-01-27/

"It would give me, as President, a new emergency authority to shut down the border when it becomes overwhelmed. And if given that authority, I would use it the day I sign the bill into law,"

I agree completely with the bolded.

In what other situation do we wait for perfect laws before enforcing the existing ones?
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2024, 11:26 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Why did it take till an election year for the Dems to show concern for our border?

You know why.

Not true. Border czar Kamala Harris said “Do not come” one time a couple years ago.

[Image: done-and-done-finished.gif]
Reply/Quote
It is Republicans who keep proclaiming to the world that we have an "open border" I hear that from them virtually every single day

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2024, 11:26 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Why did it take till an election year for the Dems to show concern for our border?

You know why.

There has been concern about it for a while, now. It was April 2022 when Vox noted some serious divisions and concern over the issue. Then in February of last year, WaPo reported on the same sort of thing. And just a couple of months later, the NY Times talked about it, again

Here are some more articles talking about the ongoing debate in the Democratic party over the past couple of years:
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/01/democrats-immigration-reform-infighting-00029087
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/77-democrats-criticize-biden-border-asylum-policy-rcna67617
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/05/12/dems-fracture-over-border-migration-solution-00096530
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/joe-biden/border-biden-anger-democrats-migrants-blue-cities-states-pritzker-rcna118690

The real issue is that there is a clear distinction between how Democrats and Republicans view the issue at the border and the possible solutions. The rhetoric has become too vitriolic around the issue and has also gotten to be outright false, like your claim here. The Republican messaging is that Democrats want an "open border," which is far from the truth. But the immigration hard-liners are running the GOP narrative right now and that is how they are painting things. 

(01-28-2024, 11:32 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: I agree completely with the bolded.

In what other situation do we wait for perfect laws before enforcing the existing ones?

We don't do that with immigration. I understand that is not the narrative you have been hearing, but we are actually enforcing the law. 
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2024, 11:26 AM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Why did it take till an election year for the Dems to show concern for our border?

You know why.

Absolutely we know why:

Republicans refused to continue help our allies unless they got what they wanted.

Now they don't want it because P01135809 is their nominee and savior.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">FOX NEWS: Why give Biden this in an election year? He gets to take a victory lap<br><br>SEN. JAMES LANKFORD: Republicans 4 months ago would not give funding for Ukraine, Israel, &amp; the border bc we demanded changes in policy... and now a few months later they're like, &quot;oh, just kidding&quot; <a href="https://t.co/tGGuI54onB">pic.twitter.com/tGGuI54onB</a></p>&mdash; Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) <a href="https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1751621658513637866?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 28, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

[Image: Screenshot-2024-01-28-104556.png]

https://x.com/atrupar/status/1751621658513637866?s=20
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2024, 12:46 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: There has been concern about it for a while, now. It was April 2022 when Vox noted some serious divisions and concern over the issue. Then in February of last year, WaPo reported on the same sort of thing. And just a couple of months later, the NY Times talked about it, again

Here are some more articles talking about the ongoing debate in the Democratic party over the past couple of years:
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/01/democrats-immigration-reform-infighting-00029087
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/77-democrats-criticize-biden-border-asylum-policy-rcna67617
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/05/12/dems-fracture-over-border-migration-solution-00096530
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/joe-biden/border-biden-anger-democrats-migrants-blue-cities-states-pritzker-rcna118690

The real issue is that there is a clear distinction between how Democrats and Republicans view the issue at the border and the possible solutions. The rhetoric has become too vitriolic around the issue and has also gotten to be outright false, like your claim here. The Republican messaging is that Democrats want an "open border," which is far from the truth. But the immigration hard-liners are running the GOP narrative right now and that is how they are painting things. 

We don't do that with immigration. I understand that is not the narrative you have been hearing, but we are actually enforcing the law. 

I agree with the Pew headliner. There are clear differences. 

No matter how many links you post or words you write nothing will change the fact that Biden screwed the pooch on the border from the very beginning. He caved to the hard left to get elected, let the ensuing chaos fester & worsen day after day & week after week & year after year until the numbers are just plain staggering. Now that his election cycle has begun & members of his own party are calling him out, now he says he will close the border if he gets a deal.

Just a short while ago he said the border was secure, sold off border wall materials for pennies on the dollar and was demonizing our own border agents for supposedly whipping migrants. 

His words on this couldn't ring any hollower in middle America's eyes. At least those that have been open during this whole debacle. That's my narrative. 
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2024, 01:21 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote:   I agree with the Pew headliner. There are clear differences. 

No matter how many links you post or words you write nothing will change the fact that Biden screwed the pooch on the border from the very beginning. He caved to the hard left to get elected, let the ensuing chaos fester & worsen day after day & week after week & year after year until the numbers are just plain staggering. Now that his election cycle has begun & members of his own party are calling him out, now he says he will close the border if he gets a deal.

Just a short while ago he said the border was secure, sold off border wall materials for pennies on the dollar and was demonizing our own border agents for supposedly whipping migrants. 

His words on this couldn't ring any hollower in middle America's eyes. At least those that have been open during this whole debacle. That's my narrative. 

Other than the Title 42 issue, what policy change has Biden made that worsened the immigration issue?

I exclude Title 42 because there was no legal justification for its continuance.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2024, 01:34 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Other than the Title 42 issue, what policy change has Biden made that worsened the immigration issue?

I exclude Title 42 because there was no legal justification for its continuance.

Remain in Mexico would be a start. 

https://thehill.com/opinion/immigration/4420526-biden-is-begging-for-mexicos-help-with-the-border-and-with-his-re-election/
Reply/Quote
I wish we had the "Deporter in Chief" back.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2024, 01:57 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Remain in Mexico would be a start. 

That's the problem with ruling by executive order "rules" can be changed by the stroke of a pen. 

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

I believe the point is, why does Biden need congress to do something about it? Immigration is a national security issue and not something that should be negotiated in order to do the right thing. The Biden administration has ignored the situation.

Reply/Quote