Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muslims attack bikini wearer, in France.
(07-28-2015, 11:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That was back in their Democratic heyday

As opposed to their GOP present. Ninja
(07-29-2015, 01:00 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: As opposed to their GOP present. Ninja

Yeah, the GOP pretty much shut it down when they tried to jump. They could always go back to where they had more support.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Good thing we live in a Christian country where there is never any kind of violence at all.

Ever.

Rolleyes
(07-29-2015, 01:08 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, the GOP pretty much shut it down when they tried to jump. They could always go back to where they had more support.

Here's the thing, anyone with an education will admit that Klan members were largely Democrats from the end of the civil war until the civil rights act.  Oddly enough, since the civil rights act and the southern strategy these same klan members just as overwhelmingly support the GOP.  Acknowledging one while ignoring the other makes you look myopic, uneducated and foolish.  Perhaps you don't mind that?
(07-29-2015, 01:14 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Here's the thing, anyone with an education will admit that Klan members were largely Democrats from the end of the civil war until the civil rights act.  Oddly enough, since the civil rights act and the southern strategy these same klan members just as overwhelmingly support the GOP.  Acknowledging one while ignoring the other makes you look myopic, uneducated and foolish.  Perhaps you don't mind that?

A lot of the leaders of the Klan were business owners (from my memory of what I've read).
I think it would have been a natural (selfish) progression of any business owners to follow the party that favored them and not taking their money to put into programs for the less fortunate.
Animal nature at work again.
(07-29-2015, 12:50 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Honestly I could care less.   I know what muslims are all about... Exploiting women and using violence or the threat of violence to get through life.   When they start treating women with respect then I will start respecting them

I know...I know.

Back on topic you are applying the teaching of the Koran to all Muslims.  If I did the same with the Christian Bible what would you say?

Just because in America we have evolved past treating women as property (by not basing our laws on being a "Christian Nation") doesn't mean the two religions are any different.

[Image: cartoon.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-29-2015, 09:09 AM)GMDino Wrote: I know...I know.

Back on topic you are applying the teaching of the Koran to all Muslims.  If I did the same with the Christian Bible what would you say?

Just because in America we have evolved past treating women as property (by not basing our laws on being a "Christian Nation") doesn't mean the two religions are any different.

Not even the Qu'ran, really. Often we get people applying the Hadiths to all Muslims, which not all Muslims adhere to, and those that do do not necessarily adhere to the same ones.
The title of the thread should say, Extremist Muslims, instead of just plain' ol' "Muslims". That groups all Muslims together, and confuses people.
It's like having a title like this- "Christians protest soldier's funeral." Instead of "The Westboro Baptist Church, or "Extremist Christians".....etc.....

I am not saying you did it on purpose, I am just trying to help you understand why some people might judge you to be anti-Muslim. I see liberals do this all the time, so it's not just you. They just insert "Christians" and have a day with it. This honky liberal doesn't hate religion, and think my a lot of my fellow liberals (not all though!) only wanna see the bad side of religion. They say they don't, or even sometimes openly admit that they only see the bad.

I am agnostic (was extremely atheist not too long ago), studying Judaism, and I lean towards believing there is a god. However, I think it is petty and pretentious to say there isn't a God, or there absolutely is one. I think that is what I love about Judaism. You are allowed to question God. Not only if He exists, but you are allowed to question His motives and stuff. ThumbsUp
Dear lord your defending them for treating women like property.   Religion aside.   They view women as property.   It's their way.  

Sorry I don't defend nor respect any group who treats women this way.  

The crazy jihadists are just icy on their awful cake.  

They are barbaric in the way they treat women and children.
and this thread didn't end with the second post, why?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-29-2015, 03:51 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: and this thread didn't end with the second post, why?

Either because of Muslims, progressives or both. Mellow
(07-29-2015, 04:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: Either because of Muslims, progressives or both. Mellow

Your the one relentlessly defending the abuse of women.

None of this has anything to do with their religion. Or politics. It's just their culture .... They are anti women, they treat them as a second class citiZens. That's always been my beef with muslims. Not withstanding the killers ofc. But to me treating women with no respect is a huge deal.
(07-29-2015, 05:35 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Your the one relentlessly defending the abuse of women.    

None of this has anything to do with their religion.   Or politics.  It's just their culture .... They are anti women, they treat them as a second class citiZens.    That's always been my beef with muslims.   Not withstanding the killers ofc.   But to me treating women with no respect is a huge deal.

So where do they learn this culture?
(07-29-2015, 05:38 PM)GMDino Wrote: So where do they learn this culture?

They are still in the savage era of barbarians. Maybe they learn from their fathers and leaders who won't allow women to drive. Or speak to another man in public unless her husband says it's ok. not counting a woman's testimony in court .... I could go on.... A public beat down if they show their wrist.

And yes I slipped a savage in there for you lol
(07-29-2015, 05:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They are still in the savage era of barbarians.  Maybe they learn from their fathers and leaders who won't allow women to drive.   Or speak to another man in public unless her husband says it's ok.   not counting a woman's testimony in court .... I could go on....    A public beat down if they show their wrist.      

And yes I slipped a savage in there for you lol

So they're about 100 years behind the US of A?
(07-29-2015, 09:09 AM)GMDino Wrote: I know...I know.

[Image: cartoon.jpg]

The enormous, and obvious difference, is that the woman on the left has a choice about what she wears, the woman on the right does not.

(07-29-2015, 03:51 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: and this thread didn't end with the second post, why?

Eh, I'm not buying the ass covering follow up.  Based on absolutely nothing.
(07-29-2015, 09:09 AM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: cartoon.jpg]

Hit and hit.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
(07-29-2015, 10:30 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The enormous, and obvious difference, is that the woman on the left has a choice about what she wears, the woman on the right does not.

Eh, I'm not buying the ass covering follow up.  Based on absolutely nothing.

Yet both do it because it will please men.  Mellow

And yeah, the police are good as CYA.  Ninja
(07-29-2015, 11:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yet both do it because it will please men.  Mellow

Or worried that if they don't dress like a mailbox ninja they will be beaten, mutilated, or raped.
(07-29-2015, 11:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yet both do it because it will please men.  Mellow

(07-29-2015, 11:15 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Or worried that if they don't dress like a mailbox ninja they will be beaten, mutilated, or raped.

You've put me in the odious position of having to agree with lucie.  Muslims are not alone in this, orthodox jews have the same style of inane dress code.  I will give them a bit of credit though, because the men have it just as bad.  Watching them go to temple in September with that full length coat and enormous mole hair hat makes me sweat.  That and the punishment for non-compliance is not as severe.

You're still missing the key difference.  Women in the west have a choice to dress however they choose.  They can dress to please a man, dress for comfort, dress to feel sexy for themselves, etc..  There are no inherent consequences to these choices as there is no society wide dogmatic response to any decision they make.  You trivialize the oppression women in theocratic countries and societies endure when comparing them to western woman in this way.  You're coming off as a person who thinks any criticism of islam condones hatred towards every muslim.  This is not the case and is similar to those who think and criticism of the state of Israel amounts to antisemitism, and both assertions are asinine.