Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Must Be Ravens Fans In Week 9
Our chances of winning the AFC North are astronomically greater if Baltimore beats Pittsburgh on Sunday. Simple as that.
Reply/Quote
Heck, I always root for the Bengals, the Vikings, and whoever is playing Shitsburgh....
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 03:44 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Our chances of winning the AFC North are astronomically greater if Baltimore beats Pittsburgh on Sunday.  Simple as that.

They would have been greater if we would just win. I hate having to depend on another team.
Reply/Quote
That's not the point.

We have to WIN, WIN and WIN, but Baltimore beating Pittsburgh gives us a lot more control over the outcomes.

Pittsburgh has an easier schedule than Baltimore going forward, so for them to go essentially 2 games up on everyone, isn't best.

If the Ravens lose at home to the Steelers, they are just about done given their schedule.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 04:17 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: That's not the point.

We have to WIN, WIN and WIN, but Baltimore beating Pittsburgh gives us a lot more control over the outcomes.

Pittsburgh has an easier schedule than Baltimore going forward, so for them to go essentially 2 games up on everyone, isn't best.

If the Ravens lose at home to the Steelers, they are just about done given their schedule.

Pitt beating ravens or vice versa does not give us more control. Winning does.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 03:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Heck, I always root for the Bengals, the Vikings, and whoever is playing Shitsburgh....

Pretty much.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well yeah, that pretty much goes without saying
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 04:28 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Pitt beating ravens or vice versa does not give us more control. Winning does.

It actually does.  We have more control head to head because we play Baltimore twice.

Sure, if the Bengals just win 8 in a row, we're going to be in the playoffs.  Be realistic.  Most likely, if we go 6-2 or 5-3, it's going to come down to these tiebreakers and head to head wins.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 12:40 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: It actually does.  We have more control head to head because we play Baltimore twice.

Sure, if the Bengals just win 8 in a row, we're going to be in the playoffs.  Be realistic.  Most likely, if we go 6-2 or 5-3, it's going to come down to these tiebreakers and head to head wins.

Yeah. But now we are playing the "if" game. That stinks.
Reply/Quote
I can't see the AFC North sending more than 1 team to the playoffs this season. Therefore if the playoff streak is to continue, we need to win the division and so we need Baltimore to win this Sunday. It is pretty much that simple.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 01:27 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Yeah. But now we are playing the "if" game. That stinks.

We're 3-4-1.  Realistically, there's going to need to be some other results not involving the Bengals to go our way.  To say "it doesn't matter, just win", is being very narrow-minded.
Reply/Quote
Whenever the Ravens and Steelers face each other, I always root for the same person.

The asteroid.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 04:16 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: We're 3-4-1.  Realistically, there's going to need to be some other results not involving the Bengals to go our way.  To say "it doesn't matter, just win", is being very narrow-minded.

And how are other results going to make this team win?
Reply/Quote
Rat Turds don't have a prayer. The Stoolers smell blood after we botched the Skins game and they know the division is officially theirs as the Bungles are back.

A "legitimate" franchise like the Stoolers that DEMANDS success from management, coaches and players will not blow a game like this AND will play at home like a home team SHOULD; defending their turf !!

Must be nice.

I can't stand the Stoolers and the Pats but I'm not going to lie - I'm envious !!!
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 04:31 PM)Fresno B Wrote: And how are other results going to make this team win?

They won't.  We obviously have to pull our weight.  But we're not going 8-0, and short of doing that, likely means we need help somewhere.  It starts with rooting for Baltimore.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2016, 03:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Heck, I always root for the Bengals, the Vikings, and whoever is playing Shitsburgh....

Same here. I think the Ravens can beat the Steelers too. Pitt is not that good.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 04:16 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: We're 3-4-1.  Realistically, there's going to need to be some other results not involving the Bengals to go our way.  To say "it doesn't matter, just win", is being very narrow-minded.

Very true.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2016, 06:24 PM)Whacked Wrote: Rat Turds don't have a prayer. The Stoolers smell blood after we botched the Skins game and they know the division is officially theirs as the Bungles are back.

A "legitimate" franchise like the Stoolers that DEMANDS success from management, coaches and players will not blow a game like this AND will play at home like a home team SHOULD; defending their turf !!

Must be nice.

I can't stand the Stoolers and the Pats but I'm not going to lie - I'm envious !!!

STFU. Whatever
Reply/Quote