Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Must Win Sunday?
Definitely a must-win because, Marvin's record isn't bad coming off a bye, but it's not great, either (5-6), so we need to win this game so we have confidence going into Pittsburgh in week 8 (and room to lose one, just in case).

We need to go into the bye with supreme confidence and just an attitude knowing that no one can beat us, especially because, if we lost, then we'd be sitting at home for a week watching teams win and saying "they just gained another game on us and there's not a damn thing we can do about it."
Reply/Quote
Sunday's game is NOT a 'must win.'
However, it is an AFC game, which makes it more important to us than last weeks game, no matter what talking head says otherwise. Conference wins/losses have potential playoff seeding ramifications later on in certain tie situations - so Cincy would really like this win more than any non-conference game.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Isn't every game a must win? Isn't that like, is this 'air' a 'must-air'? Yeah, you need it!

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 06:45 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: The team is going out every game and winning in a "blue-collar, workman-like" fashion. They pack their lunches and go out and get it done. No panic. No drama. They walk into the game with an attitude of "We can win this, we should this and we will win this." I see no reason to think anything is "must win" at this point. Their attitude is more like "We intend to win". I've not seen that in this team since '88. The confidence is the greatest thing about this team this year.

Exactly!!!!  I haven't felt this good about a Bengals team in a long time!  Well, like you said, since '88.  I really think this year is going to be different and that is coming from an annual pessimist.  lol

Who Dey!!!!!!!!!
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
No, it's not a must win.

However, a great team must win these types of games.
Reply/Quote
It's not a must win, but I see it as an important game.

If the Steelers can pull off an upset of the Cardinals, and we lose this game, the Steelers would actually only be one game behind us.

They would be going wild when we come off the bye AT Pittsburgh, because our sole grip on first place could be threatened.

So let's just come in hot and nasty, and beat the Bills, hope the Cardinals win as expected, and continue to bury the damn Steelers.
Reply/Quote
Every Sunday is a must-win. This is the ***** Cincinnati Bengals. It's not like we're likely to ever become a dynasty.

I want something special. Something that instantly makes the Bengals a classic franchise. I want 16-0, playoff domination and a Lombardi trophy on top. Dreaming big? IDC. The heart needs what the heart wants, and my heart wants it all: the best team of all time.

....That being said, regardless, winning a SB will be one of the top 5 greatest moments of my life.

The other 4 are all sexual in nature.

Goodnight kids!
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2015, 04:42 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: It's not like we're likely to ever become a dynasty.

Why not?  We have a talented young veteran team with no salary cap issues.  
Reply/Quote
Every game is a must win. Why are people seriously saying it's not? Haha

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
16 game season (playoffs are one and done). So, not much margin for error, particularly given injuries can really wreck a season. Win when, where you can, as often as you can. So, not just this game, but all games are "must win".
Reply/Quote
You want to win every game of course. If I were to tell the team to spend a little extra preparation on one opponent, it would be the Steelers. Beat 'em twice and you can go 5-4 against everyone else and still be guaranteed to not lose the division to them.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2015, 04:42 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Every Sunday is a must-win. This is the ***** Cincinnati Bengals. It's not like we're likely to ever become a dynasty.

I want something  special. Something that instantly makes the Bengals a classic franchise. I want 16-0, playoff domination and a Lombardi trophy on top. Dreaming big? IDC. The heart needs what the heart wants, and my heart wants it all: the best team of all time.

....That being said, regardless, winning a SB will be one of the top 5 greatest moments of my life.

The other 4 are all sexual in nature.

Goodnight kids!

Hilarious

Reading my mind!

I disagree, though, about the dynasty, because we have all the pieces with Andy playing some great ball, a bell-cow back like Hill to always be our rock (assuming we start giving him the ball again), Bernard to give defenses nightmares, one of the best receivers in the league, a TE like Eifert who's one of the best receiving tight ends in the league, a bunch of good compliment receivers, and a solid D, we have the potential to be a dynasty.
Reply/Quote