Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Must Win
(10-26-2016, 05:33 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Not sure if anyone mentioned this but, every team that has lost in London has failed to make the playoffs.
That's because they generally send shit teams. That's a deceiving statement.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 02:51 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: So you're saying that playoff games aren't must wins? Is that you Marvin?  Ninja

No, because once they are eliminated, and unfortunately, I think that will happen, then it's a win/win, because when you lose you position yourself better for the draft.

As far as playoff games go, until history is changed, I'll believe it when I see it. (They have won 5 playoff games, all 5 home games.)
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 03:33 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Honestly, I think this team's only hope of going to the playoffs is by winning the division.  It's doable, but that basically means going undefeated in the division the rest of the way.  

I don't see a wildcard spot in the cards this year.  Too many competitive teams vying for them.

Agree,

Ravens, Bills, Chargers, Raiders, are all gonna be fighting with us for WC. Which is assuming Broncos win west. And They'll most likely be another player - Colts ?

(10-26-2016, 05:09 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: If they can go into the bye week at .500 after the way this season started, it will be a big mental lift to this team.  As you say, Marvin's teams don't historically do well coming out of the bye, and 3-6 says the season is over.

Let's be real, this team has not looked like a playoff team at all this year. Winning two in a row, going into the bye feeling good about themselves, would be huge.

Agree, this team has to get it together if they want to have a real chance.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 05:59 PM)BleedNOrange Wrote: We probably have to go 7-2 the rest of the way to make the playoffs.  This means 7 games are must wins.  You pick them.  If you want to talk tiebreakers, AFC wins are more important.

Right

But I believe this team needs a lift. They need something to really feel good about. They've had plays here, a series there. But overall they've not put it together yet.

They need to do it now.
Reply/Quote
I've always said every game is a must win and should be treated as such. Obviously, the ultimate goal is always to win a Super Bowl. Along the way though, you should want to win the division, then get the best playoff seed possible (preferably home field), and then win out to the Lombardi.

I still believe this team will make the playoffs. It's not going to be easy, but I still think they make it. They SHOULD beat Washington. You can't let those opportunities pass you by. Wins the games you should, steal a couple toss ups or should be losses, and hit your stride December/January.

With the issues this team has, I think they definitely win a playoff game if they get there. I think their grit and their will alone will finally push them over the top. I think the adversity they are facing will strengthen them and bring them more together as a unit.
Reply/Quote
Each game is a must-win at this point just to stay in contention for a WC.

If the only way to get into the postseason is to win the division, then we're screwed. We can't stand up to Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 02:10 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Each game is a must-win at this point just to stay in contention for a WC.

If the only way to get into the postseason is to win the division, then we're screwed. We can't stand up to Pittsburgh.

We can beat them. Our last L to them they were gifted the ability to hold at will. Hopefully we get a better officiated game at PBS.

And who knows where they'll be in the standings by the time Ben gets back. This division is still up for grabs. 

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 02:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We can beat them. Our last L to them they were gifted the ability to hold at will. Hopefully we get a better officiated game at PBS.

And who knows where they'll be in the standings by the time Ben gets back. This division is still up for grabs. 

If there is one team i think we can beat in the Playoffs it is Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 01:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If there is one team i think we can beat in the Playoffs it is Pittsburgh.

I am truly not trying to be a smart ass, but why would you think that?  If there is one team I never want to see in the playoffs, it is Pittsburgh.  Marvin's record against them is 8-20 including the playoffs.  Pittsburgh owns us... seriously, why would you think this?
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 04:21 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I am truly not trying to be a smart ass, but why would you think that?  If there is one team I never want to see in the playoffs, it is Pittsburgh.  Marvin's record against them is 8-20 including the playoffs.  Pittsburgh owns us... seriously, why would you think this?

Well, we had them beat last year. Without Andy even.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 04:21 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I am truly not trying to be a smart ass, but why would you think that?  If there is one team I never want to see in the playoffs, it is Pittsburgh.  Marvin's record against them is 8-20 including the playoffs.  Pittsburgh owns us... seriously, why would you think this?

They are not coached as well as the other teams that will be there and as Nicomo says here...

(10-27-2016, 06:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, we had them beat last year. Without Andy even.

Coaching is the main reason we cannot win in the Playoffs. Tomlin is not a great coach unlike Belichick, Kubiak etc.

Plus our Defense is one of the few that gives Ben a lot of problems.
Reply/Quote
Wonder if Marvin was watching what the Titans did in the last minute before halftime up 24 ?
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 11:00 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Wonder if Marvin was watching what the Titans did in the last minute before halftime up 24 ?

Hell, I hope not; they settled for a FG. Not like us last week, we went for the TD
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 01:53 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Must win maybe not the best term. But if we're going anywhere this season they have to start playing like a playoff team - period. That's my real point.

We have one of the better talent cores in the league, And we're not playing like it - at all. If we're going to make a real run at becoming one of the real players in the league with this core of players it's time to do it.

The window isn't going to stay open forever.

Completely a must win.  We have to win to get to 4 and 4 with ten games to play.  To get to 10 wins and a possible playoff berth we would need to go 6 and 2. If we lose we need to go 7 and 1.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 01:51 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Even though mathematically it is not a must, but feel the same that this is pretty much a must win.

Wish it was not in London though,  because you never know how teams adjust to time difference and long travel.

Have seen some clunkers over seas for some reason or another. Have to avoid this somehow.

The Bengals don't handle adversity very well for the most part. Once in a while they surprise me though. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2016, 09:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They are not coached as well as the other teams that will be there and as Nicomo says here...

Coaching is the main reason we cannot win in the Playoffs. Tomlin is not a great coach unlike Belichick, Kubiak etc.

Plus our Defense is one of the few that gives Ben a lot of problems.

Tomlin is not in Belichick's league (no one is), but you really put Kubiak ahead of him?  Tomlin has a .639 career winning percentage while Kubiak has .527.  Each has a Super Bowl, but Tomlin has appeared in two.

It's great to say "we had them beat", but at the end of the day they won.  Pittsburgh owns this rivalry.
Reply/Quote
This game has TRAP game written all over it.

We are picked to win but see the Skins potentially taking this one.

This may come down to if Normam plays or not. Lol
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2016, 09:54 AM)Whacked Wrote: This game has TRAP game written all over it.

We are picked to win but see the Skins potentially taking this one.

This may come down to if Normam plays or not. Lol

TRAP GAME!!   Hilarious

Trap games don't exist for teams that are 3-4 (3 wins against teams that are a combined 5-16) and their playoff hopes are on life support!

Still standing by 7-9.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2016, 10:43 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: TRAP GAME!!   Hilarious

Trap games don't exist for teams that are 3-4 (3 wins against teams that are a combined 5-16) and their playoff hopes are on life support!

Still standing by 7-9.

Thank you.  Washington has a better record than us, and has won four of their last five games.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2016, 01:39 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Not a must win. Last week was a must win. We are 1 game out of first in the division and we play Pittsburgh again later in the year (which will probably be a must win). I know it seems like a must win, but in 2012 we were 3-5 and ended up 10-6. We still have a couple losses before there's anymore "must win" games.

A big reason that 2012 team was able to go 7-1 in the 2nd half was because the defense only allowed 12.8 points per game in those final 8 games, and they held the opposing offenses to less than 300 yards in 6 of the 8. The D was dominant during that stretch. 
Reply/Quote